Far Cry 3

Why i preordered it

Looks like it's could be a really great game but a 10/10 game? I don't know...I'm pretty skeptical about that especially after Mass Effect 3's 10/10. :rolleyes:

Does anyone got any of the two console versions? I'm interested in the game but since I don't have a gaming PC I'll have to choose between the PS3 and the 360 version and from the videos I've seen plus some complaints from some reviewers the frame-rate on the consoles looks to be quite shitty with drops and a lot of tearing...it sounds like Darksiders 2 which was horrible performance wise.

All this 80-90% SPU usage sounds cool in the papers but if the frame-rate is crap I don't think I'll bother.

oh my sp map creations that allow you to play against AI?

as well as the MP map creator

can not wait for this game

Which ones? Aside from some minor extra content, but performance wise

Why do you need a list? :???: Yes, there are some multiplat better on ps3, your assumption just was wrong. In any case ubi game typically lean to run slightly better on 360 if you want the best version at all cost.

Someone has gone to the trouble of creating a db with all the mulit-platform differences here

As with all things there are some things the PS3 excels at (open world is one) and there are things that the 360 excels at (nicer pixles). So depending on what you want you can always pick the right platform for your taste!

Someone has gone to the trouble of creating a db with all the mulit-platform differences here

Didn't know about that site yet, thanks.

In general I disagree a little - technically the 360 typically runs open world games better, though DVD size restrictions are becoming more of a factor of late.

Didn't know about that site yet, thanks.

In general I disagree a little - technically the 360 typically runs open world games better, though DVD size restrictions are becoming more of a factor of late.

Those good unified and adaptative shaders...the same paint a full pixelated room that draw lot of distant polygons...

Last edited by a moderator:
didn't saints row 3 turn out better on PS3, wasnt sure if it was overall detail or frame rate. LA Noire was also a little bit better on PS3 right, thought the world is pretty dead.

Battlefield 3 was better on the PS3 until the hi-res texture pack came out for the 360. Of course, with multiplayer games, the question is which platform all your friends are playing.

Far Cry 2 on the PS3 looked and performed great. All of the Youtube footage I have seen so far suggests that Far Cry 3 will be more of the same. Pre-ordered this yesterday. . .

Only complaint so far is that I wish there was some alternative to having to kill the animals for character progression. Couldn't us vegetarians just herd them or something?

=)

Cheers

Recently, there was MOH: Warfighter, NFS: Most Wanted, and Hitman Absolution. PS3 seems to do well with Frostbite 2, which bodes well for future titles in the Mass Effect and Dragon Age series. On the other hand any UE3 title is pretty much guaranteed to run better on the 360.

I guess killing people is just fine then. heh

Well yeah. People are THE worst.

Far Cry 2 on the PS3 looked and performed great. All of the Youtube footage I have seen so far suggests that Far Cry 3 will be more of the same. Pre-ordered this yesterday. . .

Only complaint so far is that I wish there was some alternative to having to kill the animals for character progression. Couldn't us vegetarians just herd them or something?

=)

Cheers

We can only hope they reuse the engine for something more noble than kill kill kill. May be a really good match for something like Beyond and Evil 2 ...

Hmm, looks like the open world is quite large and relatively detailed too, and there seems to be a LOT of gameplay.

But the SSAO is atrocious, the oversaturated greens are killing my eyes, and I can't really care for the story either...

Hmm, looks like the open world is quite large and relatively detailed too, and there seems to be a LOT of gameplay.

But the SSAO is atrocious, the oversaturated greens are killing my eyes, and I can't really care for the story either...
Yes and yes. Game looked better when greens where more muted.

There's various types of SSAO you can choose on PC (and of course turn it off). Everything keeps looking a little artificial, though.

Back