Far Cry 3

Tap In

Legend
can not wait! 2012...

*******WARNING****** language, NSFW with volume up or kids or those with delicate sensibilities

It is like the original Far Cry was injected with a Bioshock virus ... And they make original fun of 'dying' in a game.

With Far Cry 3, players step into the shoes of Jason Brody, a man alone at the edge of the world, stranded on a mysterious tropical island. In this savage paradise where lawlessness and violence are the only sure thing, players dictate how the story unfolds, from the battles they choose to fight to the allies or enemies they make along the way. As Jason Brody, players will slash, sneak, detonate and shoot their way across the island in a world that has lost all sense of right and wrong.

Sounds like another political "save the indigenous population" story.
I'll pass.

can not wait! 2012...

*******WARNING****** language, NSFW with volume up or kids or those with delicate sensibilities

Was that the ps3 controller? Is this open world jungle really running on a console?:???:

BTW< I hate games when 90% of the dialogue consists of a single word "fuck" ! its stupid, and I don't pay $60 to have the game hurl abuses at me ! I know its my opinion, but it stands.
At least give us an option to turn off the profanities like Prey and Brutal Legend ! That way I can enjoy the game while not feeling offended. Cos sometimes I like the game but get put off by the profanities. and in this case, I somewhat liked what I saw. Not convinced yet, but looks good.

Like the tropical setting (hated the dusty red colors of Far Cry 2) but the graphics compared to the likes of Crysis 2 and this gen's best are underwhelming.

Still nice and colorful though, almost like the "real" Crysis 2 in setting.

awesome. can not get enough of that...can not wait to see a HD version. the water and the environmentals look gorgeous. Looks like a nice combination of FC 1 and 2.

anywords on the engine a modified cryengine 3 kinda like dunia engine ?
Looks like cryengine 3 atleast with the sliding and cover stuff.

Loved the melee kills.

THey must be using Dunia ! They wouldn't abandon it after just one game. Its a good engine in the way it brought open jungles to consoles while still looking good.

Was that the ps3 controller? Is this open world jungle really running on a console?:???:

BTW< I hate games when 90% of the dialogue consists of a single word "fuck" ! its stupid, and I don't pay $60 to have the game hurl abuses at me ! I know its my opinion, but it stands.
At least give us an option to turn off the profanities like Prey and Brutal Legend ! That way I can enjoy the game while not feeling offended. Cos sometimes I like the game but get put off by the profanities. and in this case, I somewhat liked what I saw. Not convinced yet, but looks good.

Did you play FC2? I think Ubisoft has a thing for psychotic characters, though the Jackal in FC2 was based on Kurtz from Heart of Darkness. I wonder if the guy in FC3 is based on some psychotic character from a classic piece of literature as well. To be completely honest, I like these kind of characters. They are quite compelling, especially the Jackal considering he was much more than what you initially were told. Sometimes a person (like Kurtz) eventually has to release his humanity in order to achieve his goals or survive, which of course from our perspective is seen as disdainful and treacherous. It seems that this new guy in FC3 is pretty much on the same wavelength.

As for comparisons, it certainly looks better than FC2 not only from a graphics standpoint, but from an art one as well. There seems to be a better grasp of what they are trying to achieve (I'm sure it's Dunia again). Compared to the first Crysis though, just about everything is not as realistic looking, but FC3 still looks very attractive thanks to the color and what looks to be generally good art. Shadows mostly look pretty low res though.

A different playthrough of the same level shown earlier , Live with Gamespot ! I am starting to like that Villian a lot now, he's sure a spooky guy to get locked down on an island with.

and contrary to what I thought, it isn't the start of the game, its around 1/3rd into the game when this happens.

This game really made me burst out in hysterics with the demo they showed at the E3 conference. It's like one of those 1990's action movies where a so-called "normal" guys find himself stranded on a remote island with homicidal baddies. Then in no time he's sneaking through the jungle, cutting throats and blasting fools like a seasoned SAS badass.... so rediculous!

Still i thought this game looked FAR FAR more appealing than FC2. I got burned badly with that game. Bought it on PC, played for about an hour and i haven't touched it since. There was litterally nothing there to pull you in at all in FC2, as the way they setup the story from the beginning was poor, and i hated the setting. A game set in an african jungle could have been awesome for me if done right, but FC2 just wasn't done right IMHO.

You ain't going to practice "ahimsa" when caught on such an island , are you :LOL:? Of Course, you'll do every unimaginable thing to get out of there alive !

Back