Halo 4

Halo and Forerunner forge world count me in.
Restart that human vs forerunner war please.
Wondering what corinne Yu can get out of the 360 she is the engine architecture right ?

Just lying around on my camera. I thought it was Deus Ex at first. >_>

derp, high res official:

Gonna need a silencer in space you know. >_>

Or maybe it's just an extension for uh... >_>

Title says it all!

I'll be kicking some Covenant a-hole come Holiday 2012.

It'll be interesting to see 343's take on the universe. Couldn't really tell much from the E3 trailer though.

Cortana sure looked weird. :p

Not sure wasn't she half way going rampart or close to in halo 3 already.
yep she went through rampancy
http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Cortana#Rampancy

Kinda halo lore nerd but why do i have a feeling we will be upgrading chief armor to combat old forerunners that are in the shield worlds. The military class was for shield worlds to survive the halo firing and combat the flood. And there being way more shield world then halo rings big chances are they are coming back.

spoilered this for the people that dont want to know my shitty next theorie on the new trilogy
Got some more info about forerunners combat skins from one of the halo wikia
http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Combat_Skin

Nice quote from the link
Very little is known about the Forerunner Combat Skin other than that it was used by combat personnel and was comparable to, but far more advanced than, the UNSC MJOLNIR Powered Assault Armor. It is first mentioned by 343 Guilty Spark as he is leading John-117 through the Library, wondering why he had brought "such ineffective weapons" to combat the Flood. He notes that the MJOLNIR is ill-suited to combat the Flood, and recommends that he upgrade to a Class 12 Combat Skin from the MJOLNIR, which is ranked on the Forerunner classification system as a Class 2. On the other hand, Guilty Spark also notes that the MJOLNIR will serve John well when the Flood begins converting Halo's atmosphere, commenting that he is a "good planner" Upon learning that there was a powered armor system six times more powerful than the MJOLNIR, John expressed enthusiasm at the opportunity to wear one

Concept art of a forerunner combat skin?
And the mjolnir suit being modulair halo reach modules i could see them upgraded the suit kinda like a modular mech game so to say. singleplayer will have multiple modules multiplayer will act more like reach except no armor lock;)

And prehistoric humans were old enemies of the forerunners Halo:Cryptum kinda logic bomb the whole universe oke atleast adds a whole new time era for games to go for. And make Halo a franchise can easily go on for 2~3 more console generations if handled well.

So the triangle would be Forerunner vs humans vs Some other form of flood mendicant bias the ai that joined the flood could bring in robot kind of enemies so a cybernetic kind of enemies part flood part forerunner robot tech.

haloconceptartforerunne.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think the humans ever battled the Forerunners; rather, they are decendents of the Forerunners. Supposedly, that realization is what prompted the Prophets to start a war against the humans. Read Contact Harvest.

Cryptum explicitly states the Human/Sanshyum alliance against the Forerunners. I know, there are lots of weird continuity issues, but there's a lot of information. The Forerunners also have some sort of genetic memory capability as well. The humans were also the only ones who could stop the Flood (whatever that means), so the Forerunner* may have wanted to make their tech compatible with them from an accessibility standpoint.

*There are different political factions of Forerunner, so "Forerunner" doesn't apply to everyone of the race/species at a given time (things can change!). There are some who want to save life more than others, and some take different courses of action on the big scale. So... take that to mean what you will for the moment until the next books arrive. :p In the context of choosing the Humans as Reclaimers, that would be up to the particular individual Forerunners who ended up activating the Halos as there certainly were other Forerunner who just wanted to commit genocide and didn't foresee the fall of their race.

I know Guilty Spark mentioned "You ARE Forerunner", but his state of mind makes it a dubious statement. He could be confusing things with that "Mantle" business. Forerunner and Humans are different species.

Cryptum is Greg Bear's first novel in a trilogy about the fall of the Forerunner. :) * I made a bunch of additions/edits above btw

Back