Ico/Shadow of the Colossus HD Collection

They should be together in one pack. They r old games now, and when MGS,GOW,POP,DMC are bundling old games into one package, I don't see the logic in seperate packages !

They should be together in one pack. They r old games now, and when MGS,GOW,POP,DMC are bundling old games into one package, I don't see the logic in seperate packages !

Maybe you only want one? Choice is good (for the consumer at least)!

I can see an advantage in them being separate downloads on PSN.

Well, if they price each game at half the price of the other HD collections, thats fine with me. But if they price each one at full price, then there's an issue. That is what I meant by my post there. From the link, they have a price of 3980 yen for each, that comes to $50 each ! The combo pack comes to around $86 ! That isn't a fair price for PS2 HD remakes, considering how GOW, POP remakes were priced.

BTW, the box arts are super epic !
2132450197_full.jpg

2132450195_full.jpg

Well, if they price each game at half the price of the other HD collections, thats fine with me. But if they price each one at full price, then there's an issue. That is what I meant by my post there. From the link, they have a price of 3980 yen for each, that comes to $50 each ! The combo pack comes to around $86 ! That isn't a fair price for PS2 HD remakes, considering how GOW, POP remakes were priced.

BTW, the box arts are super epic !
2132450197_full.jpg

2132450195_full.jpg

Japan and the USA have different pricing. I think there is more work put into these games than the ones you mentioned as well.

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/06/0...hd-has-smooth-visuals-and-a-smooth-framerate/

I played Ico & Shadow of the Colossus Collection just long enough to climb up the hairy first colossus in the PlayStation 3 game. The start of the game, seeing the wanderer gaze down at the girl lying on the altar, was familiar, but of course sharper since the PlayStation 3 version is in HD.

Oh, and in 3D too.

The 3D effect in Shadow of the Colossus is subtle. You look into the screen rather than seeing giant colossus arms flying at the player. Within an options menu, there is a slider to increase or decrease the amount of 3D. Perhaps, the biggest graphical improvement is the frame rate. Shadows of the Colossus was marred by a choppy framerate, but this re-release is smooth.

I heard its $40 each !
Japanese pricing is very different. By all accounts, there won't even be an "each" for the NA release, it will be a combined set (I'm thinking it'll probably be one disc). And it'll be priced competitively, I'm sure.. probably the same as the other remix/remakes that have been released. They've all been right around $30 if I remember correctly. I'm more than willing to pay thirty bucks for these gems.

I don't understand Japanese, but it seems to me like the end of the trailer suggests there will be a compilation for Japan as well. It's just shy of 7000 Yen, so pretty much in line with your average game release in Japan.

I wouldn't be terribly surprised if Sony tried to ask more for these two games than they did for other collections, by the way. Unlike those games, the likes of Ico and SotC will fetch you a nice amount of cash on ebay. Unlike God of War, both games are also pretty niche. Critical darlings with limited appeal. Pretty sure the majority of the audience will continue to ignore the two games while the target audience will grudgingly pay the money anyway.

I d love to see these in 60fps. The framerate looks identical to the older versions though?

yeah, i really hope the bad framerate and -dipps are introduced by cam & bad compression. SOTC dint have really bad dipps around the first enemies, around similar like the video.. if that translates to later bosses where the action stood still for half seconds at times...

Can't wait for both of these, but I would be disappointed if the frame rate wasn't improved over the ps2 versions. Would trade 1080p for a better framerate.

I have this on pre-order. However, I want to see improved frame rate, controls and camera first. I tried playing SotC on my 60gb PS3 a couple of years back and I just couldn't cause of those issues. I hope that is addressed. I really enjoyed the atmosphere and presentation of the game so I do want to play it at some point.

I know you can do some PC emulation to fix at lot of that stuff but I don't have the time.

Back