[NGP] Uncharted

The game carts look like this:

4qPJ1.jpg

(that's an SD card being held up for comparison)

They're different in form factor from a memory stick or any other flash media standard. It's unclear if NGP will also ship with SD or Memory Card slots for additional storage, if there is built in flash storage or if you'll have to buy large, blank versions of these new carts for downloads, movies, music, etc.

We do know that they can hold their own save games, so they are at least partly writeable. But what I was thinking is that if these carts are fully rewriteable, that means they can also hold their own patches and updates, instead of cluttering the NGPs internal memory. Of course that does also increase the risk of them being hacked and messed with somewhat, but then I'm sure they thought of that. It's an interesting idea though, being able to patch the game cart itself.

Sony have said already that the writeable partition can be used for patches and DLC in addition to saves.

Sony have said already that the writeable partition can be used for patches and DLC in addition to saves.

If that's the case then they will need to plan ahead for the main game in order to leave enough room for DLC. So if the main game of UC were to use 1.8GB they would need to sell it on a 4GB cart for future DLC.

Ah, right. Still, will be interesting to see how much will be writeable in the end.

Well it's about 329 PPI for IP4 and 220 for NGP, so there is a fair margin between them. I'm sure the display is still pretty good though and the density is fine.

At least the NGP has almost doube the PPI of the original PSP, and that still holds up pretty well today if you ask me. So the NGP, being right inbetween retina and PSP, should be pretty crisp and has the big advantage of having more screen real-estate, which I think is more valuable. I still way prefer my PSP's screen over my iPhone 3GS' screen, though a bit less ghosting wouldn't hurt ;). Looking at the off screen videos, the viewing angle on the NGP looks pretty great by the way.

Yeah agreed, the res is more than fine for the unit. I think the PPI in Iphone 4 is bit of an overkill and the NGP res is probably at the sweet spot.

The game carts look like this:
http://i.imgur.com/4qPJ1.jpg
(that's an SD card being held up for comparison)

They're different in form factor from a memory stick or any other flash media standard. It's unclear if NGP will also ship with SD or Memory Card slots for additional storage, if there is built in flash storage or if you'll have to buy large, blank versions of these new carts for downloads, movies, music, etc.

Every NGP will have 2 memory slots, one for game cart and one for storage. One rumor said that cheaper NGP model will not have internal storage, but we will find about that in:

t1307404800z4.png

Well it's about 329 PPI for IP4 and 220 for NGP, so there is a fair margin between them. I'm sure the display is still pretty good though and the density is fine.

I am testing with HiDPI. Makes a lot of difference in text reading. Not so sure about gaming impact yet but I suspect it would be beautiful.

I reccomend watching this in bigger window/fullscreen. Audio is directfeed.

plus, here's a nice video of Resistance

Back