Carmageddon: Reincarnation

fellix

Veteran
Pedestrians are again endangered species...

maxisbacktopper1.jpg

Official Site

carmageddon-reincarnation.jpg

:devilish:

*wroom!*

haha that was such a fun game to play drunk with the mates. Awesome memories.

Oh YES!

I loved that game! Pure fun! Not to mention till today we have some of the silly jokes like running over grandma = 200 bonus points :devilish:

Bring it on I say (but please be quicker than guys making Duke ;))

mmm.... if the second shot had Motorstorm: Apocalypse on it, you would fooled me. >_> :p

Those pledging $25 or over got a new reward, original Carmageddon + Splatpack Expansion from gog.com.
There's also a version of DOSBox available with Glide support which has been confirmed to work with Carmageddon :devilish:

I switched my $15 pledge to $30, now I get the original+exp, drm free version, 2x steam versions & 2x beta versions if I didn't read the stuff wrong

I upped my pledge too. They are now at half a million bux with 3 days to go.

I was excited until I read the reviews from people with OCed 4790Ks and SLI 980 GTXes struggling to hit 60fps.

Lol. It runs ok on my old 6950 on the balanced setting. Maximum settings don't look much different but do absolutely kill performance. There's no denying it doesn't seem to perform quite right. Plays well though ! Very Carmageddon.

Well I've played it more and yeah it runs poorly on the 6950 unless I put it on lowest preset. HWInfo says it easily uses up all 2GB VRAM on Balanced at 1360x768. There is a lot of hesitation in the rendering perhaps because of this memory usage. Max GPU utilization of the logged playtime was only 80%. I will have to try it on my 970 with 4GB instead of my 6950 TVPC. Maybe Balanced will run well there.

If it would only run well I wouldn't hesistate to say this game rocks. It plays really well. Love the damage model and crazy power ups. It's basically just like the original Carmageddon but with more entertaining havok.

Last edited:
They're doing something wrong if the game eats up >2GB VRAM at medium settings 720p. Surely the game doesn't look that good.

Yeah there's definitely something wrong and I have a feeling they don't know how to fix it because the beta version from months ago was the same way.

Last edited:
Ok the GTX 970 4GB runs the game much better than the unlocked overclocked 6950 2GB. Might be memory capacity related but who knows. On the 970, at 2560x1440 Balanced preset, I see 2.1 GB VRAM used and it runs 60fps with vsync. Putting the game on maximum quality is too much for the 970. Looks like 20fps. There are some additional effects that must be extremely demanding.

If you can run the game well, it's worth trying. It's definitely got the gameplay I think.

Last edited:
Back