Competitive Analysis Engineer @ Imagination

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rys

Graphics @ AMD
Veteran
Supporter
I'm looking to hire someone into our Competitive and Performance Analysis group here at Imagination, working alongside Xmas and I under Kristof's watchful eye. Our group is responsible for most of the company's low-level graphics architecture analysis, from the HW archicture and execution up to the pixels drawn on the screen. We look at all parts of that stack, frequently get our hands dirty in the driver and OS display code, we do a lot of application-level analysis of shaders and renderer code, and often work in the shader compiler too.

We report to the highest levels of management so there's a lot of pressure, but if you think you're up for unlocking the secrets of mobile (and not so mobile ;)) graphics technology to keep POWERVR at the top of the market and would love to work in a tight, focused team under constant pressure to deliver then send me your CV.

Don't worry if you don't have a million years of experience, or you're not a genius level C programmer; I'm interested in anyone with raw analysis talent and obvious enthusiasm for 3D graphics most of all, since we can teach you a lot of the rest on the job. Feel free to ask me more detailed questions about what we do, too.

PM me here or email your CV to rys.sommefeldt@imgtec.com if you have even the slightest idea you might be suitable and would love to work with us here in the UK.

Bump again, I've got open hires for 2 more engineers (grad and experienced) here in our UK HQ in Kings Langley. The jobs aren't up on the careers site yet so enquiries via me directly if you don't want to wait for them to pop up.

Bit of an update since the first post a year ago: I now run the team since Xmas disappeared to work for John H in Research, so you'd be reporting directly to me. Oh, and it's PowerVR now instead of POWERVR. Less caps, same awesome, etc.

We look at the stack from research to simulator to test chips to dev kits to real devices, working on some of the coolest technology on the planet. Honestly, if you love the inner workings of 3D graphics and love understanding how 3D graphics hardware works, then working for me is one of the best graphics jobs in the world.

I'll even bake you cakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back