[360, PS3] Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

kagemaru said:
I'd be disappointed if BF3 didn't look better than MW3 since it runs at half the frame rate.

Well, bf3 has more large scale areas + destruction to buildings, so it's not apples to apples. Also more players in multiplayer.

Are you talking about single player?

yes bf3 on pc will look better then mw3 on consoles :) im not sure if bf3 on consoles will be better looking game than mw3. And mw3 is 60 fps its all that matters in MP .

IMHO in sp I not have doubts bf3 with will be better, I think it isn't even in discussion from what I have seen with my eyes... great doubts MW3 on ps3 will have the same impact...

IMHO in sp I not have doubts bf3 with will be better, I think it isn't even in discussion from what I have seen with my eyes... great doubts MW3 on ps3 will have the same impact...

well, yeah ,, maybe i dunno . problem is im affraid that bf3 on consoles will be somwhere between low and medium pc settings , sure it looks good on high end pcs but maybe its just to much for consoles . Im fine with cod gfx and super smooth exp is a win for me. But hey thats just me

czekon said:
ofc u can quickscope with any sniper rifle. Tip try quickscoping with barret and acog on shorter range its a beast!!!!

I thought only the intervention was dead accurate instantly when scoping.

Either way I just love the look of the bolt action to much (even thought I know bolt action is far from optimal in close quarters)

Last edited by a moderator:
well, yeah ,, maybe i dunno . problem is im affraid that bf3 on consoles will be somwhere between low and medium pc settings , sure it looks good on high end pcs but maybe its just to much for consoles . Im fine with cod gfx and super smooth exp is a win for me. But hey thats just me

I think it's different taste... but technically from now I haven't seen nothing of more impressive to bf3 on console... to the opposite... maybe better use of art...

:oops: New Modern Warfare and no posts on B3d? Something definately wrong. :LOL:

I would write something up myself, but my copy only just left Amazon yesterday and I'm definately not buying this one double, as much as I'd like to.... my mate has it and from what I hear, it's quite good....

Probably too busy playing.

I haven't picked it up yet. Not sure if I will. I've kind of grown tired of the COD formula.

I haven't picked it up yet. Not sure if I will. I've kind of grown tired of the COD formula.

Maybe. I would be too, if I had it. Instead I'm sitting here, itching for any info regarding the game.

The COD formula is getting tired, I agree.... but the Modern Warfare series is just soooo much better than what Treyarch has been offering. At least the campaign mode. Multiplayer should be good as well, no more second-life! :smile:

The COD formula is getting tired, I agree.... but the Modern Warfare series is just soooo much better than what Treyarch has been offering. At least the campaign mode. Multiplayer should be good as well, no more second-life! :smile:
Strongly disagree. W@W is my favorite COD campaign, although MW2 comes close. And Treyarch's multiplayer is always better balanced than the preceding IW game, MW2 vs Black Ops being the most striking example of this. Also, Treyarch wins points for always making a Wii version of the game (btw, there are PC and Wii versions of this) and actually doing a pretty good job of it, all things considered (the fact they even get the game to work at all with 64 MB of RAM is amazing). MW3 looks like their best Wii port yet. All IMO of course.

I also see that the Russians in the game are still carrying NATO weapons.

Last edited by a moderator:

I'd actually forgotten it was coming out now. I'll probably get a copy once I finish all the good games that are coming before New Year.

For people who like sales...

Modern Warfare 3 preorders hit nearly 9 million - Analyst
http://au.gamespot.com/news/modern-...-9-million-analyst-6344321?tag=topstory;title

... according to Lazard Capital Markets analyst Atul Bagga, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3's preorders are already nearly three times those of EA's shooter.

Bagga's findings also indicated that Modern Warfare 3's preorders are tracking up 70 percent from 2009's Modern Warfare 2 and 55 percent from 2010's Black Ops during the same period of time prior to launch. The report was generated after checks at retail for the week ended November 4.

Phil said:
Maybe. I would be too, if I had it. Instead I'm sitting here, itching for any info regarding the game.

This isn't made by infinity ward. It's good however, in the sense that it's a million times better than the crap that is black ops.

Got it today and Played it for 1,5 hours today. Reached lvl 20, it's quite good but u die faster than before, which can be frustrating when u get randomly sprayed. My KDR dropped a lot compared to mw2 but I'm not complaining. Quickscoping is back!!

It is made by Infinity Ward, even if most of the core team has been replaced by new people.

I am passing, so all the Xbox scrubs can rejoice. Cheezedoodle can have my title, "Destroyer of Worlds". Now on to BF3... which I need a LOT of practice at.

It is made by Infinity Ward, even if most of the core team has been replaced by new people.

There were at least 2 studios working on this title. And I wouldn't exactly classify the following as "Infinity Ward", and this is from well over 1 year ago, so the departures could be even higher than this:

(8 of 22) 36% of artists/concept artists are gone
(4 of 10) 40% of animators/technical animators/mocap people are gone
(17 of 23) 74% of designers and scripters are gone
(12 of 15) 80% of engineers are gone
(5 of 5) 100% of writers are gone
(13 of 16) 82% of leads/directors from these departments combined are gone

There were at least 2 studios working on this title. And I wouldn't exactly classify the following as "Infinity Ward", and this is from well over 1 year ago, so the departures could be even higher than this:
I guess the Mustang isn't really made by Ford any more, since no one who worked at the company in 1964 is still there. And can you really call that baseball club in New York the "Yankees," since no one on the team today ever even met Jacob Ruppert?

What Brit is saying is that MW3 isn't made by the same people, regardless of the name on the door. Of course Activision has been banking on the fact people only see IW/Activision/CoD/MW and have no real knowledge of the people who, you know, invented and developed the franchise.

Well, its made by SLedgehammer games , from what I know. Thats the name thats shown in Trailers. IW was supposed to be working on a new IP.

Back