Dead Island

homerdog

donator of the year
Legend
Supporter
Maybe you've seen the CG trailer, which has nothing to do with anything but is pretty well done and has good music.

Finally some real details are coming out and it's showing some promise. Open world zombie survival RPG hack n slasher with the occasional AK47 thrown in. Graphics are okay for a clearly console-first game. Hopefully the PC version will take it to the next level.

http://techreport.com/discussions.x/20993

I posted a link at the console forums. There's a walkthrough up at Gametrailers ! Looks very very promising, though I am not really a Zombie fanatic, but this has a unique sense of loneliness and an open world where the only way with a zombie is to melee him/her/it(?), which automatically creates fear and a back n forth gameplay.
The feeling of a lonely, still naturally beautiful world is pretty nicely done here :) !

It reminds me of Crysis, Just Cause and Far Cry somewhat but it's hard to tell just how open it really is. Looks interesting.

To me it gives the vibes of Far Cry 2 down to the look of the town, the way maps n quests are actual papers in ur hands, and somehow in the way the NPC talk to you.

Have to say I'm a big fan of Zombie movies and games but the previews of this doesn't really impress me so far.

Not really a big fan of specular shiny on all those surfaces and characters. Also having supersampled screenshots doesn't mean the end product will be gorgeous.

I'm surprised this hasn't made much of a splash, around here. I'm looking forward to this one. I'm a huge zombie movie fan and this looks pretty sweet. It comes out on the 6th, so depending on how it reviews, I may grab it.

I just looked at the Steam page. Even the recommended spec is really low (9600GT lol). Hopefully it will be a good game.

My reservation is that it is a Techland game and I remember them from Chrome. Chrome was a very pretty game and almost a Deus Ex lite but it had some pretty severe AI issues that prevented it from being a good game. As a result I want to actually read some reviews and possibly try a demo before I consider purchasing it.

I've played Chrome and its sequel fairly recently and yes the AI has probably the most insta-perfect-aim of any game ever made. It's a tragedy because these are somewhat unique open-setting sci-fi shooters.

I'm watching Dead Island. It looks interesting no doubt but I will wait for reviews myself too.

Video game completion world speed record broken!

"HTML5 version" here.

You can beat Clue's SNES version in three or so seconds. I can link you to the vid if you wish.

Also the buggy ass version is apparently limited to Steam as they accidentally somehow uploaded the developer testing build OOPS

You can beat Clue's SNES version in three or so seconds. I can link you to the vid if you wish.

Heh, not-TAS record then.

Also the buggy ass version is apparently limited to Steam as they accidentally somehow uploaded the developer testing build OOPS

Yeah, RPS got a reply from the publisher saying they'll release the "final" version today. :rolleyes:

Back