Gamecube = $99.00

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goldni

Regular
http://cube.ign.com/articles/451/451364p1.html

Well it's a good move overall. They keep calling it aggressive but it aint imo. A price drop like this 6 months ago, maybe, but not right now. It remains to be seen if NOA will follow this up with commercials and ads to hype this up big time. They need to promote like crazy all the way up to Christmas. With a Zelda bundle and a Mario Kart DD/ Broadband Modem Bundle rumoured it should be a good rest of the year and 1st part of 2004 for Ninty. If they are smart they'll do a MGS or RS bundle as well. I'd go bundle crazy if I were them. What's funny is this is the same thing as the "free game" deal they've been running but just because of the "Gamecube for $99" price being touted it'll be more effective. My local BB, WM, and GS has sold out of GCN's this week. As some had already dropped the price in the past few days.

I'll be snagging me another Cube if not for the MK LAN play alone. I just wonder if this will change MS and Sony's already announced fall/Christmas strategies. I would'nt think so. Not yet anyway.

Well, I've said my share on this already.. .so I'll say something else :)

Only problem with this price point is that they can't really go anywhere from here, cept maybe give away free games. A console for $99 is a great price point, however next year what will Nintendo do? Generally, the public would perceive a $69 or $79 console as a liquidation.

So, that said I think $119 w/a game may have been smarter, as it gives Nintendo some wiggle room for the next 2 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back