Assassin's Creed: Revelations

I don't have to know anything about this game at all. It's an auto buy. One of my fav new ip's this generation. Surprsied how much it's improved with each version.

ESPECIALLY when considering the open world nature of this game, I really think this will surprise people just how beautiful the graphics are.

some vids

There's an immense amount of tearing in the demo video I saw ! If the improvements come with screen tearing, I would rather settle for the same gfx as before.

Finished this on Sunday. So far Old Ezio is my favourite character in the series. Also love the hook blade and bombs.

One thing bothers me a lot though, why would they put the same button for "walk fast" and "pick pocket"? Whenever I'm trying to get somewhere a little quicker without arousing suspicion, Ezio picks someone's pocket, and I end up having to run away from guards.

Also, different buttons for "hook jump" and "jump randomly away from a tower to your death" would have been nice.

Odd bugs: After each memory complete sequence, the blacksmith shops insist everything is new (even repair), and I have to exit and shop again to get them to unbug. Also, my parachutes randomly disappear, which I generally discover just after jumping off the tallest tower in the region...

I am a little late to the party but i have to echo the sentiments of the other users about congratulating Laa-Yosh and his team for that epic trailer. Love the music love the trailer and love the game so far...

and no my PC is not broken, I am playing Revelations on my PC and I must admit that his game is far prettier than Brotherhood.

The game was amazing. I really loved the last sequence where you're playing as Altair (extinguishing the torches...).

The last games were in beautiful locations and all but I felt this one was more focused storywise as they had to tie a lot of loose ends between how Desmond, Altair, and Ezio are connected. I even liked the five first-person Desmond puzzle sequences where you lay the blocks and listen to his life story.

I can't wait to see where they take us in the third (and final?) game. Presumably it's going to be further in the future with less primitive guns so it'll be interesting to see how that is handled.

Odd bugs: After each memory complete sequence, the blacksmith shops insist everything is new (even repair), and I have to exit and shop again to get them to unbug. Also, my parachutes randomly disappear, which I generally discover just after jumping off the tallest tower in the region...

I've noticed those same bugs on the 360 version. Also there's little background music in the game but you do occasionally hear the call to prayer in the background. One time that bit got stuck on a loop for like twenty minutes, took me a few minutes to notice that bug.

Indeed. I will be sad to see the completion of the Assassin's Creed and Mass Effect storylines. This generation has had some incredible storytelling games. I do look forward to playing Desmond for real though, although I'm not sure how they will justify the HUD without the Animus concept, but I'm sure they'll get by.

Just finished it. Loved it! Looks beautiful and plays well. I was skeptical to the bombs but they where a fun addition. The story was fine, tied up many loose ends and all in all a nice experience.

Ac is easily one of my favorite ips this gen. Love the setting, art etc. hidden blades are amazingly cool as weapons :)

Also love that u can approach missions in a million different ways. I have been experimenting lately with various ways to get through missions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Indeed the AC series have been amazing for me. I love the journey, the evolution of the characters and the games various aspects of graphics ,music, the art, the locations, etc. I really hope there is a new ip that is as engaging and beautiful as AC in the future for us to enjoy. Still haven't finished revelations so I don't know if it ends the story there or not. I hope not ;-)

Not a spoiler since they said so before the game came out but they already mentioned how Revelations wasn't the last game in the series. It's purpose is to bring closure to the timeline between Ezio and Altair, which it does very well.

I'm guessing the next and possibly last game in the series will have a completely new character and of course a new location.

Not a spoiler since they said so before the game came out but they already mentioned how Revelations wasn't the last game in the series. It's purpose is to bring closure to the timeline between Ezio and Altair, which it does very well.

I'm guessing the next and possibly last game in the series will have a completely new character and of course a new location.

Nice!

I assume no one is going to want to kill Desmond due to his knowledge or ties to those that came first so I doubt guns will feature.

Ok, if I wanted to jump into an AC game, which would people recommend?

MP / Coop are of most interest and the most refined gameplay (controls) and enjoyable missions are the most important parts to me -- not so much the story. If it is a close call I prefer grays and outdoors in daytime w/o a ton of bloom over dark, muddy worlds.

Ps: and I know it has no coop, but is the new Batman game heads and shoulders better for this general style of exploring/combat? The Parkour in AC always looked cool but the combat in #1 seemed so shallow.

All of them in the series are good, however the focus is really Single Player. I'll eventually pickup AC:Revo once my game backlog thins. I tried AC:2 first, loved it and then picked up AC:1. I was finding myself missing the improvements/gameplay mechanics the second one added, but continued playing through to pickup the beginning story. I then played AC:Bro and it was a real blast. In AC:Bro they added more offensive capabilities and some damaging counter-moves and attacks. I didn't play the MP VS as much, but from what I did play it was enjoyable once I got past level 1 to pick up some perks.

AC:1 - no multiplayer/co-op at all, single player took a while to get going and into the story.
AC:2 - no multiplier/co-op at all, single player was greatly improved and fast to get going.
AC:Brotherhood - multiplayer versus, single player is improved and refined.
AC:Revo - more multiplayer versus, single player further improved and refined.

Back