Assassin's Creed: Revelations

Just saw the gameplay footage... can't say I'm too impressed. Was hoping to see an actual assassination mission but instead got a highly scripted action sequence (looked beautiful though).

CG trailer was where it was at!

Thanks guys! A lot of people worked very hard to complete this one on time, I'll let them know.

Thanks guys! A lot of people worked very hard to complete this one on time, I'll let them know.

Just came to say that your CG work is beyond amazing ! Really loved the foam particles on the waves in the ocean :cool:! The CG was so good that I would love to see more of such trailers ahead ! One can see a lot of hard work has gone into making it the best CG possible.

Which studio do you work at Laa-Yosh ?

Majestic trailer...congratulations Laa-Yosh and to your team as well.

Love the music:

Just a question, how do you guys come to a conclusion over which music to use?

Last edited by a moderator:
We're called Digic Pictures, we've been around for a few years now and managed to grow to about 70 people. I'm the lead modeler, have about 8 people in my team by now.
www.digicpictures.com

Music was always decided by Ubisoft, we've first heard this one on last friday. They decided for licensed music this time, after the two orchestrated ones in past years.

That trailer really was absolutely amazing! I'd love to see a short AC film done that way (similar to what they did for AC2 but obviously CG instead).

Music was always decided by Ubisoft, we've first heard this one on last friday.

Wow... the song/lyrics fit so well that I would've thought it was made for it.

Actually, I think it fits better with the trailer than their music video.

Laa Yosh...Wait a minute...You guys made it?:oops: DAMN!That was best CGi trailer I have ever seen.My E3 highlight!Congrats for amazing job man.

Nice to meet you sir ! I was a lighting artist in CG for 4 years and then moved into the concept team and game production ! That CG is beautiful, all my CG-side friends are falling head over heels over it :p !
Truly said, its one of the major highlights of E3 , and that too at a time when CG trailers for games are generally looked down at !

I love the attention to detail.. I climbed that tower in Misyaf last night after seeing the trailer, and it's dead-on. I also noticed that when Ezio's blade gets broken, you can see that the base of it is hollow, allowing it to telescope to its full length. Not many people would have put that kind of detail in there for such a quick shot (I probably wouldn't have).

One question, as long as we've got you here.. (hehe): This is the first time we've seen a character "unmasked" in these CG trailers, when Ezio gets his hood pulled off. Was that model based on Francisco Randez? Did you guys take the normal model and age him to make him look like that? Or was it entirely done up from scratch without using Francisco as a reference. It kind of looks like him, just different because of the aging. (For those of you that are unaware, Francisco was the model for Desmond/Altair/Ezio).

Anyway, definitely pass my compliments on to the team, outstanding job all around. :)

One question, as long as we've got you here.. (hehe): This is the first time we've seen a character "unmasked" in these CG trailers, when Ezio gets his hood pulled off. Was that model based on Francisco Randez? Did you guys take the normal model and age him to make him look like that? Or was it entirely done up from scratch without using Francisco as a reference. It kind of looks like him, just different because of the aging. (For those of you that are unaware, Francisco was the model for Desmond/Altair/Ezio).

He was the model for the original Desmond/Altair. All three are significantly different in the second.

But yeah I'd like to know the answer to that question as well.

He was the model for the original Desmond/Altair. All three are significantly different in the second.
Hm.. look the same to me. Well, maybe not the same mesh, but quite a few of the characters were remodeled for the second game. But I'm pretty sure that Ezio and Desmond share the same base mesh. It's the hair and beard that make Ezio look so different. Someone on another board was saying if you get the right angle to see inside Ezio's hood (where the mesh has no hair), you can see the resemblance much stronger. Haven't tried it myself yet, I might go give it a whirl downstairs on AssBro.

Personally, I think that's a major plot device that hasn't been revealed yet. Ever notice that all three of them have that same scar on their lip? Makes you wonder...

Ezio, Altair and Desmond definitely share the same character model with added hair and beard for Ezio.

Hm.. look the same to me. Well, maybe not the same mesh, but quite a few of the characters were remodeled for the second game. But I'm pretty sure that Ezio and Desmond share the same base mesh. It's the hair and beard that make Ezio look so different.

I meant the model for all three (they all use the same mesh for the head and yes, besides hairstyles they're a 100 percent similar) was altered from the first to the second. I said three originally because only Des and Altair were in the first.

Personally, I think that's a major plot device that hasn't been revealed yet. Ever notice that all three of them have that same scar on their lip? Makes you wonder...

There's certainly a reason for it. There's a bunch talk, for instance, in AC2 of mortality and Altair wondering about ways to delay death (citing certain examples in history of people who seemed all too similar and such). Not only their physical appearances but right down to the way they dress directly reflects Desmond in the present (it's easy to see this in AC1 for example).

I always thought that was a nice hint, a sort nudge and wink for people who've been paying attention so far. Since there's a lot new agey ideas in the games, I thinking that was their way of explaining a type of reincarnation of sorts.

Perhaps Revelations will shine some further light on the issue, especially with the whole tagline destinys converge.

Heh, thanks again everyone :)
The Masyaf tower and all the matte painting backgrounds were based on the actual ingame level geometry. Having played AC1 was a big help to get everything as authentic as possible, I've immediately seen how the return to this place and the appearance of Altair - especially on the plank of the first big leap of faith - would be a powerful element in the movie.
The core of the hidden blade is re-used from AC2 and AC2B, but with new ornamentations to fit the Ottoman setting. I think AC2 featured a close-up that needed the details.

Now the head is an interesting topic. We've originally did a fairly close 3D sculpt of Francisco, but it turned out that Ubi's ingame face is very different, far smoother in general and less detailed (very lowpoly too). We've changed our head, and changed again for AC2B. For AC2R we received a concept painting and our main Zbrush artist resculpted the old head, then I've rebuilt the highres model to get more detail for the close-up.

As far as I can tell the head geometry is the same for all three characters (we've re-used a beardless Brotherhood Ezio for Altair) except for Ezio's hair and the extra beard in the texture. It's probably to make sure that the connection between the characters is obvious. But all have different voice actors.

Back