Double posts seem to be appearing a lot

K.I.L.E.R

Retarded moron
Veteran
I have been reading threads and in a few of them there seems to be a lot of double posts from members who don't double post.

What I mean by double post:
The replica of the original post is made and comes after the original post.

This wouldn't be caused by the members themselves as this tends to happen to quite a few people and they don't double post. :)

What's up with that?

K.I.L.E.R said:
I have been reading threads and in a few of them there seems to be a lot of double posts from members who don't double post.

What I mean by double post:
The replica of the original post is made and comes after the original post.

This wouldn't be caused by the members themselves as this tends to happen to quite a few people and they don't double post. :)

What's up with that?

I think it has to do with the site being a little slow on occasion...

when this happens people tend to click twice or more on the submit button...or refresh which has the same effect...

I do it too... though I normally try and delete my repeat post when the screen finally does load up...

I spose the site is having some load issues from time to time... maybe dave will clarify ?

Yea i keep getting time outs and so i end up having alot of double posts . In the console forum i'm trying to keep the double posts under control. But if u guys find one pm me and i will fix it if hte orginal poster doesn't

I also noticed the site becoming very slow as of late. It was much faster several days ago.

Shouldn't the boards have a spam control thing built in that only alows the post to be submitted once?

I'm not sure. Mabye its time to archive all the old posts and rest the board . Mabye its taking up to much room .

jvd said:
I'm not sure. Mabye its time to archive all the old posts and rest the board . Mabye its taking up to much room .
is there talk behind the scenes on this. Because if there is, id like to put the idea of changing forums, from phpBB to http://www.invisionboard.com/ Ill edit the name in later.

epic

[edit] added the address of the board i find a bit nicer. :)
later

epicstruggle said:
jvd said:
is there talk behind the scenes on this. Because if there is, id like to put the idea of changing forums, from phpBB to http://www.invisionboard.com/ Ill edit the name in later.

epic

[edit] added the address of the board i find a bit nicer. :)
later
No talk behind the scenes unless you mean sonic and I trying to figure out why it takes forever to delete a post.

Back