Trackmania 2

I just hope it doesn't have backwards sound positioning like Nations/Forever does, that really spoils an otherwise good game.

I just hope it doesn't have backwards sound positioning like Nations/Forever does, that really spoils an otherwise good game.
Backwards sound positioning? Never noticed that in any of the TM games. Am I missing something here?

Also, my anticipation level for TrackMania 2 is just ridiculous. TM2 and Risen 2 are at the top of my list.

Backwards sound positioning? Never noticed that in any of the TM games. Am I missing something here?
If you aren't using surround sound it isn't as obvious, but yeah in the Forever games they've got the sound positioning backwards. So, if for instance you sit at the starting line and let the other cars drive off in front of you, you'll hear the sound of their engines pan to the rear speakers rather than the front.

Anyone who likes trackmania should checkout Nitro Stunt Racing
http://www.nitrostuntracing.com/cms/

get the demo

Mildly interesting but it has not been updated for 3 years and it has no track editor... Demo track wasnt very interesting either though the trailer seems to suggest some of the tracks would be. Shame really but I´m not convinced enough to buy into it.

As for Trackmania 2. I expect the editor to be great as always and expect to have a lot of fun with it :)

How is it possible that I have not heard about this game before?!?!!!

Wait, I´ve replied in this thread so obviously I have heard about this. Point is, I totally missed the launch date by many weeks and I´m a trackmania nut!

I´ll see if the editor is great as always, will post some tracks here if I have the time to make them.
This will seriously ruin my plan to play Witcher 2... :(

This will seriously ruin my plan to play Witcher 2... :(

Don't worry, it will still be there when you return from the track :smile:. And since CDP is so awesome the game will be a lot better with updates and new content the longer you wait.. for free! Really a classy developer in a land of failure PC releases.

To make a compromise, I started editing a track last night at midnight while playing witcher 2 soundtrack cd in the background. (Track 2 is awesome)

Well, let´s just say the track had gotten very close to ready for release but then I looked at the clock and it was 5 am. :D

Anyone figured out how to make water yet? Also I didn´t find a way to make loops yet and I am a bit puzzled about that...

http://tm.mania-exchange.com/tracks/view/6682

mndcanyoncity.jpg

42 years ago, just northwest of the Canyon area, it was decided to build the Canyon City. Several skyscrapers were built to accomodate business and pleasure alike for people working in the nearby trackmanium mine. However, 3 years ago as the trackmanium vein dried, it was decided to use the city for street racing purposes instead. Now it´s time for the third annual Canyon City race!

I haven't downloaded it fully yet, but from the trailer it looks like it'll both look and play beautifully!
icon_wai2.gif

Thanks guys for doing an updated Rally-style environment.

Back