*ren* PSN Down, Customer Info Compromised

I wouldn't say smooth sailing. After the inital easy access and password cahnge for me, later in the day I could log on and was told there was maintenance. Still, we'll get there in the end.

Interestingly I also took off my CC details, althugh I'm not sure why. They're theoretically as safe there as anywhere. It's not like I've removed them from Amazon or the like. But I guess I'm doing my typical, "wait to see how this thing runs fo rthe first few months to see if Sony have made any mistakes." May see about getting a PSN card code instead. Better value anyhow.

Yah, it's sort of a raw human instinct -- like touching a hot or cold surface and withdrawing from it quickly.

I have my CC stored in multiple, less secure sites. I work in IT security and know many of the issues with trying to secure anything. Nevertheless, I immediately changed my password to a machine generated one, and removed my CC. Strange beings we are... as illogical as we are.

The real victims of CC fraud are the banks, and then the consumers with the higher rates and fees we may pay as a result of the banks passing the cost down to us.

Which is very hard to disagree on. But from what we know there is a good and valid explanation on why they didn´t.

It's semantics, but while there are valid explanations, there are no valid excuses as the responsibility ultimately always comes back to Sony for how the situation was handled. I don't blame them for the hack itself, but I fully blame them for how they chose/were forced to communicate to their customers in the aftermath.

The real victims of CC fraud are the banks, and then the consumers with the higher rates and fees we may pay as a result of the banks passing the cost down to us.
yes thats why I principle try to never use one (maybe twice a year)
paying with a CC adds ~2% to the price, but stores, instead of making the ppl who pay with CC pay an extra 2@ ( a fairer system ) they instead put up the price of everything

yes thats why I principle try to never use one (maybe twice a year)
paying with a CC adds ~2% to the price, but stores, instead of making the ppl who pay with CC pay an extra 2@ ( a fairer system ) they instead put up the price of everything

It's actually by agreement with the credit card companies. They (visa/mastercard) won't allow retailers to charge a premium for CC use if they want access to their system. It's even more convoluted than that as some premium cards (points/airmiles/cash back etc) have even higher charges, but the stores are required to treat them the same.

Pretty bummed with the 'Welcome Back' games they are offering in the US. Maybe I'm the sucker for already owning all those games! :)

I'm pretty happy because I don't own any of them. I was pretty interested in trying Infamous, and I skipped Q4B and went right to Crack in Time.

Japan Restart of Sony Online Games Services Not Yet Approved

TOKYO (Dow Jones)--Sony Corp. will not be allowed to restart its halted online game services in Japan until it provides further information on what measures it has taken since an earlier hacking incident, a Japanese regulatory official said Sunday.

"We met with Sony on May 6 and 13, and basically we want two things from them," Kazushige Nobutani, director of the Media and Content Industry department at the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry, told Dow Jones Newswires.

He listed two areas where it requires further explanation before approval will be given following the incidents regarding its PlayStation Network and Sony Online Entertainment videogame services.

"The first is preventative measures. As of May 13, Sony was incomplete in exercising measures that they said they will do on the May 1 press conference," he said, adding that he could not provide details on the outstanding issues for security reasons.

Source: http://e.nikkei.com/e/fr/tnks/Nni20110515D15JF766.htm
~~~

I certainly wouldn't be using PSN if Japan won't let them go back online yet.

The welcome back is a nice list. Unfortunately with any list they were always going to have ant's problem with some. Though I kinda wonder why they didn't include or choose one of the first party PS1 classics on the list.

The welcome back is a nice list. Unfortunately with any list they were always going to have ant's problem with some. Though I kinda wonder why they didn't include or choose one of the first party PS1 classics on the list.

I don't know...I mean the PS3 was my tertiary console and the only one I didn't (don't) own was (is) Dead Nation.

It is my main console that I've owned for a year and a half and I own none of them plus I've owned a PSP far longer then that and own none of those either. Individual examples don't prove much one way or the other.

It is my main console that I've owned for a year and a half and I own none of them plus I've owned a PSP far longer then that and own none of those either. Individual examples don't prove much one way or the other.

Why would you want them now?

Cause I still fall under the category of poor college kid. Which means I didn't necessarily not buy them cause I didn't want them. Just I had other games I wanted more.

good that it seems to be back up , however its an uninteresting list and I wont be logging back on to psn

Of course Germany gets its own teen friendly list without Infamous and Dead Nation... but I cannot complain this time because I already have all those games and so I can get Ratchet and Clank : QFB and Hustle Kings

Back