Fact: Nintendo to release HD console + controllers with built-in screen late 2012

First Project Cars Wii U details
http://nintendoeverything.com/87554/first-project-cars-wii-u-details/
• Screen as primary view – Ie.. allowing you to transfer play of the game between the TV and on-the-go around the house
• Screen as secondary view – Switch between rear-view mirror, overhead map, telemetry
• Primary input method – Drive by tilting the controller, onscreen buttons replicate the buttons/switches on a real wheel (push to toggle on/off or flip up/down)
• Secondary input method – Manage decisions in the pits (swiping through tire choices, setting fuel amount),
• Camera – Personalize your profile, pose for the podium
• Menu navigation method – Flick photos from your gallery to the TV, private chat with teammates

http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=176752

This years claimed Wii U lineup:
Aliens: Colonial Marines
Assassin’s Creed
Batman: Arkham City
Darksiders II
Dirt 3
Formula 1 All Stars
Game Party
Ghost Recon Online
Just Dance 4
Killer Freaks from Outer Space
Marvel Super Heroes
Metro: Last Light
Monsters Party
New Super Mario Brothers Wii
Ninja Gaiden 3
Pikmin
Rabbids Party Land
Raving Rabbids
Rayman Legends
Shield Pose
Splinter Cell 6
Sports Connection
Tekken
Your Shape 2013
Zombie

image%20(1).jpeg

image%20(2).jpeg

image(1).jpeg

This years claimed Wii U lineup:
Aliens: Colonial Marines
Assassin’s Creed
Batman: Arkham City
Darksiders II
Dirt 3
Formula 1 All Stars
Game Party
Ghost Recon Online
Just Dance 4
Killer Freaks from Outer Space
Marvel Super Heroes
Metro: Last Light
Monsters Party
New Super Mario Brothers Wii
Ninja Gaiden 3
Pikmin
Rabbids Party Land
Raving Rabbids
Rayman Legends
Shield Pose
Splinter Cell 6
Sports Connection
Tekken
Your Shape 2013
Zombie

Basically the same games you could get on PS360.

Which is supposedly what Nintendo were aiming for, and I guess they hope loads of people would rather play those same games with the tablet.

Basically the same games you could get on PS360.

The same games you can get on PS3/360, plus Nintendo games, sounds perfect to me.

Plus of course the addition of unique tablet features to differentiate those games and the possibility of improved graphics. Can't wait till E3 :D

Nothing wrong with having some kinect crossovers although I'm not sure how similar that works out to being, but it doesn't look like we'll be seeing the 'next big shooter' debut on the Wii:U

Yeah, that's an odd crossover. Kinect and Move are more compatible than Kinect and a tablet. Unless it'll be a Wii game only in HD, with Move ignored due to lack of customer interest in Move games?

Move is getting some serious support in the next Spiderman game though, which is apparently supposed to be rather good, taking a strong cue from the latest Batman games. It apparently supports dual move support for web-slinging city traversal.

Yeah, that's an odd crossover. Kinect and Move are more compatible than Kinect and a tablet. Unless it'll be a Wii game only in HD, with Move ignored due to lack of customer interest in Move games?

You know, Wii U also comes with Wiimote, not just the tablet? Who's to say that every game has to use Tablet as main controller, or at all?

Yes, I know, hence why I said "a Wii game in HD". The oddity there is releasing the game in a Wii flavour but not also in a Move flavour - why Kinect arm-waving and Wii-style WiiU arm-waving but not Move arm-waving?

Yes, I know, hence why I said "a Wii game in HD". The oddity there is releasing the game in a Wii flavour but not also in a Move flavour - why Kinect arm-waving and Wii-style WiiU arm-waving but not Move arm-waving?

I guess there is a possibility that the sensor bar has been upgraded on the Wii, and/or the front-facing camera on the tablet? hmm...

You think they have Kinect-style body tracking in Wii U??

I wouldn't rule out the possibility that they've equipped some camera somewhere with the ability to track something.

Ubisoft also developed a camera for the Wii that does body tracking as well (obviously not as 'advanced' as Kinect), so who knows.

I wouldnt rule out a possible (2D) camera on the sensor bar, they are very, very cheap, yet they allow some cool gaming and no gaming possibilities.

Almost like 3DS they can probably put in there just in case...

Back