Fact: Nintendo to release HD console + controllers with built-in screen late 2012

Keep posting rumors until it come true.....or not.:LOL:
Leave out the trollness in this free and open speculation about what might be in Wuu. There's no prize for being right, not penalty for being wrong, and as long as there's sound reasoning behind every opinion it should be accepted.

For the 50% figure to be true, well, I guess 50% more RAM goes a long way towards that. 50% more RAM, and a reasonable increase in processing grunt, and I can see how that'd be called 50% better by some folk. It'd also point to Nintendo's current SDK setup being poor given what was on show.

BTW Cryengine3, UE3 and idTech5 are scalable engines.....:LOL:;)

I WANT TO BELIEVE!!!

Zelda HD and the bird demo must have been made in a iphone too...

Anyway, there is anything pointing to with not being 50%+than PS360 :?: Anything at all?

Because thereis quite a few official and treaceble info leading to at very least parity or even 50%+? Read the thread if you need to.

Now I just want a low price or a few more novelitys (and fast loading and low noise)

Leave out the trollness in this free and open speculation about what might be in Wuu. There's no prize for being right, not penalty for being wrong, and as long as there's sound reasoning behind every opinion it should be accepted.

For the 50% figure to be true, well, I guess 50% more RAM goes a long way towards that. 50% more RAM, and a reasonable increase in processing grunt, and I can see how that'd be called 50% better by some folk. It'd also point to Nintendo's current SDK setup being poor given what was on show.

Well if it's an RV730, that's 320 SP's versus sort of 240 in Xenos, so I've figured all along you might be looking at 33% more shader grunt.

But then again Nintendo could mute that with low clocks to keep heat down in the small enclosure. And if Quaz theories are right, other bottlenecks such as a small amount of EDRAM or the bandwidth setup could mitigate some things.

Off a guess with the info we have now I'd think, GPU in the same ballpark but with more shader strength, and maybe 768 or 1GB RAM, plus the CPU might be a bit superior too (perhaps a higher clocked Xenon-alike).

My opinion at the moment:

- Nintendo has publicly admitted they should have given more emphasis on the console and not just the controller, and the lackluster reaction to the WiiU and the shares' drop are clear evidences for that.

- Even after knowing this, Nintendo is still keeping quiet about the console's specs, and apparently they're still holding to hardware-related NDAs they've signed with all the developers who've had access to the machine. -> even knowing that this attitude is being generally negative to the company, as people+investors now think they're "afraid" of releasing the console's specs in order to avoid criticism about its future-proofness and distinguishing factors (just as they did with the 3DS).

To me, this leads to either:

- WiiU's specs are, in fact, mediocre, maybe not even reaching the other consoles' potential but being a whole lot more efficient therefore producing the same visuals with some ease (I'd say the cheap-ish RAM amount upgrade could be a big contender for that). -> This being true means they'll never, ever let go of that NDA, as we've seen with the 3DS.

- Nintendo has held back some major architecture decisions (ex. RV730 vs. RV740?) based on the reaction to the controller. Had the reaction been Wii-like awesome, they'd choose the cheapest config. With a substandard reaction from shareholders and general public (and since everyone is assuming they're quiet because the console underperforms), maybe they'll go for the most powerful solution

Fingers crossed for the second hipothesis.

I completely disagree. That Zelda demo demonstrated that all to clearly without even getting into that demo with the bird. Do you see that demo running on PS3 or 360 hardware?
I've already described my take on the demos. The bird feature is not exhibiting anything mind-boggling in performance or features, and it's a tech demo which tend to look better than what's achieved in game. In contrast to that, I don't think that demo was pushing the hardware, but that's more a gut feeling on my part. I think there's more under the hood than the demos demonstrated, but the demos themselves prove nothing regards hardware superiority over PS360.

- Nintendo has publicly admitted they should have given more emphasis on the console and not just the controller,

As far as I know though, only in the sense they seem to think many people did not even realize a new console was involved. Apparently some laypeople were confused and thought the whole thing was just a new controller for the Wii after the E3 presentation.

So it's Nintendo trying to make clear "hey, this is a whole new console". Not Nintendo trying to say "hey, the console is important too".

- Nintendo has publicly admitted they should have given more emphasis on the console and not just the controller, and the lackluster reaction to the WiiU and the shares' drop are clear evidences for that.

- Even after knowing this, Nintendo is still keeping quiet about the console's specs, and apparently they're still holding to hardware-related NDAs they've signed with all the developers who've had access to the machine. -> even knowing that this attitude is being generally negative to the company, as people+investors now think they're "afraid" of releasing the console's specs in order to avoid criticism about its future-proofness and distinguishing factors (just as they did with the 3DS).

the frustation-based marketing is backfiring :)
it's seen as pretentious, it's not like we're all tethered to and anxiously waiting for whatever comes out of nintendo, with all the competition there is nowadays. so many devices : desktop, laptop, consoles, tablet, phone, media player, handheld, chinese handeld.

we're not anymore the wee kids in the era when nintendo was dominating the consoles and handheld markets.
on top of that CPU/GPU specs don't enable new kind of games as they did 10, 15 or 20 years ago

They're basing the "R770" (wrong spelling, I know, it's engadget) reference on the japanese article we've seen already, where they say they think the WiiU's GPU is based on RV770.

So that Engadget article means nothing, really.

Yeah, It really means nothing once you understand that the RV770 is the foundation chip of the 4000 series generation and literally almost every RV7XX chip is RV770 based.

Maybe Nintendo haven't decided where to fab the GPU yet (the dummy case makes it look like a separate GPU). I understand from reading reputable sources such as SemiAccurate and Fudzilla that AMD are evaluating chips from both TSMC and Global Foundries for upcoming graphcis processors.

With Llano, AMD now have experience of building GPUs on both Global Foundries 32 nm as well as TSMC's 40 and 28 nm processes. Final GPU silicon could be a little way off.

My bad feeling has been confirmed by a leak from Crytech, Nintendo launch will be killed at next E3 by MS announcement of its next system.
I expected MS to unveil its plan about how the xbox fit with windows 8.
Nintendo would better surprised us with their specs otherwise they will face a huge problem. Really I'm pessimistic at this point. To some extend and going by 3DS sales figures they would better pretending having production issues push back the system launch while upping the specs, in the mean time eol the 3DS and push something out that would replace the WiiU controller.

I think everything we have seen so far is pointing to a WiiU being to PS360 as Wii was to Gamecube, which is pretty dissapointing to me. Once PS4 and 720 come around that extra 50% will be totaly insignificant, it will be viewed a old PS360 tech similar to how Wii is seen as PS2/XBOX level. The Wii got away with it on the back of its interface but i am much less confident about the UPad having the same power, i dont see the majority of core gamers being that excited and they will have to compete with 360 and Kinect for the casuals.

Seriously, have have any of you watched the tech demo or the Zelda demo? There is no question of whether or not it can do HD at 60 FPS.

*shrugs* I don't know. I saw it on youtube. Youtube themselves doesn't support 60fps. I wouldn't know what the frame rate was on that demo.

The current demo's haven't demonstrated anything of the sort of considerably more power.

What about the official Ubisoft comments?

The numerous leaks that are also right about the controller? And other reports.

The very fast ports even with a different API/architecture (meaning no time for optimization)?

There isnt anything pointing to parity or sub parity to PS360, but quite a few to 50%+ PS360.

My bad feeling has been confirmed by a leak from Crytech, Nintendo launch will be killed at next E3 by MS announcement of its next system.
I expected MS to unveil its plan about how the xbox fit with windows 8.
Nintendo would better surprised us with their specs otherwise they will face a huge problem. Really I'm pessimistic at this point. To some extend and going by 3DS sales figures they would better pretending having production issues push back the system launch while upping the specs, in the mean time eol the 3DS and push something out that would replace the WiiU controller.

Which leaks?

Back