Thanks to HTC!

Squilliam

Beyond3d isn't defined yet
Veteran
Supporter
They replaced my HTC Trophy 7's motherboard with a new one when it was water damaged... awesome customer service and props to the people over in Taiwan who made it happen for me.

Anyone else have anything similar?

I've damaged my iPhone with water twice, once completely beyond repair, and have never and will never come to expect actual replacement parts. In fact, they clearly state in what little "warranty" they provide, water damage isn't actually covered. So yes, in a sense, I can relate to your story. I have water damaged a phone before. But the outcome was completely different.

Never had to contact htc support myself but from what I heard htc support is pretty good here in Holland. If you contact them directly they will even send somebody over to come pick up your phone.

Little offtopic but how hard is it for companies to check for water damage? I once RMA'd a mainboard that got water damaged and got a new one too. In my case there wasnt any visable indication that water damaged the board.

I've damaged my iPhone with water twice, once completely beyond repair, and have never and will never come to expect actual replacement parts. In fact, they clearly state in what little "warranty" they provide, water damage isn't actually covered. So yes, in a sense, I can relate to your story. I have water damaged a phone before. But the outcome was completely different.

If I remember correctly from what a colleague went through with his private iPhone, the iPhone actually has some kind of indicator showing if components got wet ...

I had an chepo Motorola phone and after taking it for a swim an independent.. "repairman" realized what I had done. So I assume it's fairly easy to check

They have a funny piece of paper inside which changes colour if it gets wet so as a proxy they assume that all the components inside got wet if the colour has been changed.

Had milk spilled over my laptop, I opened it because it was out of warranty, but in the end they fixed it for me for generous price (~100USD)

Back