Forza 4

lol I have to vent. Got a wallyworld email saying, "if" my game is late I can call and talk about the issue. Oh, and they blamed the delay on the manufacturer (although it left on 10/10). So lame, not even honest. So dirty question...

Are the mailed SKUs all the same as the in-store SKUs?

Is there a way to see the cars specs when leveling? Or am I just missing something?

No, all you can see is its raw performance number. You don't get the other ratings.

I assume they did this to encourage you to select the specific car you like the best, not just the one with the highest number.

lol I have to vent. Got a wallyworld email saying, "if" my game is late I can call and talk about the issue. Oh, and they blamed the delay on the manufacturer (although it left on 10/10). So lame, not even honest. So dirty question...

Yes. I had to do this with Gears 3.

Yes. I had to do this with Gears 3.

Sooo I drive through rush hour traffic and take about 40 minutes to get there to find out they just recently sold out. All they had were $80 limited editions.

I guess this will let everyone get a head start on me ;)

I don't know...this is actually occurring worldwide so I'm inclined to believe them...which is really hard for me considering it is Wal-mart.

ok level 15, playing career with all assists off except ABS, simulation steering, rewinds on (use hardly ever) braking line only, limited damahge model. (basically hard with less assists)

IS there anyway to increase the competition driving difficulty in career. I have come in first 28-36 and a podium in 33-36.

In Quick race on "Hard" competition setting, I have a much tougher time (2-8). So will it gradually ramp up difficulty in career or what?

Played the demo with the controller with everything up except clutch, and the snowy mountains look great and I like the rivals mode a lot. May get the wheel out of the shed to try that.

No, all you can see is its raw performance number. You don't get the other ratings.

I assume they did this to encourage you to select the specific car you like the best, not just the one with the highest number.

Damn. My car acumen isn't good enough to know RWD/FWD/Weight/etc...

poopypoo said:
Playing without abs? Almost as kidmode as traction control ;p

Yes everything off except clutch because its close to silly on controller and I don't like using controller in the first place. Will go look for my wheel later (which means two wheels in study, my wife won't be pleased)

ok level 15, playing career with all assists off except ABS, simulation steering, rewinds on (use hardly ever) braking line only, limited damahge model. (basically hard with less assists)

IS there anyway to increase the competition driving difficulty in career. I have come in first 28-36 and a podium in 33-36.

In Quick race on "Hard" competition setting, I have a much tougher time (2-8). So will it gradually ramp up difficulty in career or what?

ok evidently World Tour is dynamic but going into event list allows all kinds of customization of competition. Also no traction assist with a powerful car makes a big difference. Plenty of challenge to be found, hard in fact . Just wish world tour offered more resistance.

Can we join more than one club> also, if we join one can we withdraw and join another?

The world tour is supposed to adapt the difficulty to your play style, or some hyperbolic crap like that. :p

I guess half way through, the challenge ramps up a bit.

The world tour is supposed to adapt the difficulty to your play style, or some hyperbolic crap like that. :p

I guess half way through, the challenge ramps up a bit.

yea raced a C class Mercedes 190E against A class Corvettes etc and came in 3rd just from blocking and cornering/passing

Damn. My car acumen isn't good enough to know RWD/FWD/Weight/etc...

Well, it does also show you the engine placement / drive configuration chart as well, so you should be able to know that. In general, all of your options are fairly similar in performance and they're generally always the same class and layout (although one time I saw a RWD, mid-engine car mixed with otherwise all 4WD, front engine cars).

And Tap In beat me by 1 minute on that post :p

wow, feeling of control is amazing. Best I have ever felt in a racing game. the differentiation between cars is also completely believable and for one of the first times makes me want to try out every different car. the sounds oh...hell yea. Switch audio to car and it's like "War Tapes" for your Forza. :D

went and turned off rewind and racing line completely (now only running automatic and ABS) for assists.

repost:Can we join more than one club> also, if we join one can we withdraw and join another?

wow, feeling of control is amazing. Best I have ever felt in a racing game. the differentiation between cars is also completely believable and for one of the first times makes me want to try out every different car. the sounds oh...hell yea. Switch audio to car and it's like "War Tapes" for your Forza. :D

went and turned off rewind and racing line completely (now only running automatic and ABS) for assists.

repost:Can we join more than one club> also, if we join one can we withdraw and join another?

You can only be in one club. But it is easy to leave and join a different one if you so desire.

Got mine as the usual XBox team freebie (along with Kinectimals, now with bears!). Also sank 5 hours into it last night, despite not normally playing racing games, it's just plain fun. I should borrow one of my coworkers wireless wheels and make sure I test it properly :)

I assume you're in Redmond?

I'd be down for snagging a conference room and doing a little hot seat racing some time. I've got a wheel (snagged it not long after F3 release, basically right before they stopped making them). I couldn't imagine going back to a controller.

OT: Should I be ashamed to admit that I absolutely loved Kinectimals and 1000GS'd it in the first week?

Back