Forza 4

Acert93, Yes. I have pre-ordered the LCE from Amazon.

Slap, Porsche is apparently exclusive to EA and they are no longer willing to cross license as they have done in the past since they are trying to move into the sim market. http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/underthehood1/

There are alternate time of day settings for some of the tracks, but not dynamic (ie. changes during race). Official car list is being updated through launch and why is has coming soon place holders, not DLC.

Tap, you like rain/snow racing? It's too hard for me to see in traffic and more frustrating than fun. I do like the dynamic time of day changes though. One of the reasons I fell so hard for Test Drive Le Mans!

Acert93, Yes. I have pre-ordered the LCE from Amazon.

Slap, Porsche is apparently exclusive to EA and they are no longer willing to cross license as they have done in the past since they are trying to move into the sim market. http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/underthehood1/

Once again reinforcing that EA is the worst gaming company on the planet. :p Shame about Porshe, you would think Porshe would put some pressure on EA to allow its use in what is one of the premier racing games on console.

Combined with some other moves EA has made in the past year, I have a feeling I won't be buying many, if any, of their games anymore. Will be a shame to miss out on some of those gaming experience, but I really am growing to dislike that company.

Regards,
SB

Yeah, but isn't the primary blame on Porsche? Gran Turismo series has never been able to have them because of the EA deal. It blows.

Thanks dude, that sucks for Porsche fans. I think this all started back with EA did NFS: Porsche Unleashed.

Honestly the only car I really wanted to play was the Porsche GT1 so its not too big a loss but certainly a loss nonetheless.

Hopefully like RUF, they can bring in other tuners like Edo Competition and Hamann.

Wow and interesting. I've always paid a certain amount of attention to reviews when it comes to game buying decisions, but never gave much thought to the people who were actually writing them. Then today I started to watch this... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2KyyBCwagI ... Forza 4 preview by Gamespot with a few different folks including the guy that wrote their review. Evidently he gave it an 8.5 which is a decent score but I was more taken back by some of the things he was saying. Like that T10 spent a lot of time of things no one would notice, like tires, but was later saying that he was surprised how different F4 felt from F3 going back and forth. Wth? I'm mean he just seemed pretty clueless. Finally turned it off around the 15 minute mark. Time to adjust my philosophy on reviews in general I think.

@Acert93,

Yup, getting it on (EU) launch. I am slightly torn though, as I want the LCE but I can only get the LCE in the UK from a retailer I'm not fond of.

Have to make my mind up in the next couple of days though, as I want to take advantage of the pre-order incentive program over at forzamotorsport.net.

@Acert93,

Yup, getting it on (EU) launch. I am slightly torn though, as I want the LCE but I can only get the LCE in the UK from a retailer I'm not fond of.

Have to make my mind up in the next couple of days though, as I want to take advantage of the pre-order incentive program over at forzamotorsport.net.

I stopped getting limiteds some time ago, standard for me especially with shared garages in car clubs. I could spend the money on the season pass instead if I were so inclined but I'm passing on that as well.

Forza 4 - DE-SATURATION!:p

6221581630_c64c6b6a0a_b.jpg

Wow and interesting. I've always paid a certain amount of attention to reviews when it comes to game buying decisions, but never gave much thought to the people who were actually writing them. Then today I started to watch this... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2KyyBCwagI ... Forza 4 preview by Gamespot with a few different folks including the guy that wrote their review. Evidently he gave it an 8.5 which is a decent score but I was more taken back by some of the things he was saying. Like that T10 spent a lot of time of things no one would notice, like tires, but was later saying that he was surprised how different F4 felt from F3 going back and forth. Wth? I'm mean he just seemed pretty clueless. Finally turned it off around the 15 minute mark. Time to adjust my philosophy on reviews in general I think.

Games like this just doesn´t review very well, it will take some weeks/months before the "real" judgement is handed down. And by then it wont matter anymore :)

Precisely, when it comes to games like these you are better off with reviews from people who know things...like insideracingsim. They took a month to review GT5.

What I'd like to know before buying FM4 is that if the mechanics are even more streamlined now, FM3 was pretty terrible of a simulator when compared to FM2 and if they have streamlined it even more then I'm not buying it.

Precisely, when it comes to games like these you are better off with reviews from people who know things...like insideracingsim. They took a month to review GT5.

What I'd like to know before buying FM4 is that if the mechanics are even more streamlined now, FM3 was pretty terrible of a simulator when compared to FM2 and if they have streamlined it even more then I'm not buying it.

the thing is 80% of people who are the market for this game are not interested in sim racing to the point that the other 20% are.

So this game attempts to please an extremely diverse group. From what I can see, it does that well.

Games like this just doesn´t review very well, it will take some weeks/months before the "real" judgement is handed down. And by then it wont matter anymore :)

FM4 seems to be reviewing fine. It is a huge game but it is also a refined sequel with a lot of content to compare against. Sure, not every reviewer knows enough to make an informed, detailed review but that is why you *read* reviews. Even then some of the lamer reviews may be similar to their audience and may express their attitude and expectations going in.

I have raced with a lot of hard core racers and tuners and they wouldn't agree with that statement. At all. And so far less some niggles and giggles the new tire model and engine tweaks appear to make FM4 even better.

One of the more hardcore guys I know who races on real tracks summarized it as: FM3 is like learning how the sim plays cars and FM4 is like learning the cars themselves.

The fact it is still a game with finite resources notwithstanding, what is your specific streamlined complaint that harms the sim aspects?

I stopped getting limiteds some time ago...

Yea, I don't know why I sometimes even go for them as I rarely get an awful lot of milage out of the pre-order bonuses, especially those that are MP focused.

Anyway, on this occasion I just pre-ordered the standard edition bundled with the (shite looking) Speed Wheel for just £10 more than the LE game on its own would have cost. My 3yr old can at least play with the latter, as he's been trying the Cars demo these last few days and just cannot get the hang of the 360 controller.

Anyhow, can't wait till Friday! (released on the 14th in the UK) :)

Back