Forza 4

FINE!

The game looks beautiful. The step up from Forza 3 is all areas will be immediately evident. The framerate is solid with no tearing which I think was everyone's biggest worry with them stepping up the visuals and adding more cars to the track.

The tires have much better feedback. This was to expected by their partnership with Pirelli. Track surface variances effect traction in a more realistic manner.

Braking has also been redone. No more riding the brakes hard into the corner. The traction circle, all around, has been improved.

Steering. This is the biggest change. Turning it to simulation will means you cannot over correct or will pay for it. The nice effect is that you can dial out understeer better than before. This makes for VERY tense racing. You can't just flick around the steering anymore.

Loading times on the track didn't seem to bad. The track itself is beautiful. They really did a good job of applying visual polish and presentation. Sure, it doesn't add much to gameplay but it makes the whole experience more pleasant.

The sound is still the best in the business so nothing much to say there. The difficulty is better now. Hard is harder than before so the jump from medium/hard/professional is much better handled than in Forza 3.

but how did they do that ?
when FM3 was released i thought the 360 was almost at his limits, and now they release this game that is improved in every way without any concession it seems, did they use some magic powers ?

Robert, what cars/modes are supported. How many cars can we race against in the demo (12?) And there is Rivals mode... any online play?

Robert, what cars/modes are supported. How many cars can we race against in the demo (12?) And there is Rivals mode... any online play?

Rivals mode is awesome. There's a Zonda, M5 and 458 in Rivals. It's so easy to get hooked on rivals. Brilliant idea.

Think of Rivals mode as Hop Laps with a rabbit to chase. It'll be hard to spend time on career with Rivals mode sitting right there.

Rivals mode is awesome. There's a Zonda, M5 and 458 in Rivals. It's so easy to get hooked on rivals. Brilliant idea.

Think of Rivals mode as Hop Laps with a rabbit to chase. It'll be hard to spend time on career with Rivals mode sitting right there.

I just played a bit after the College football games were on. Played all multi-races placing 1st, 1st and 3rd (with muscle car) on hard with default assists. With the assists on, the game seems to be more forgiving than Forza 3.

Tried rivals mode with the Zonda that was pretty awesome. I like how they try to match you with someone near your racing capability although I only played one match against BlackwaterElite1 (I can't remember where I know her/him from).

I did notice a minor bug on the replay and 1 pop-in of a background mountain during gameplay. Also there appears to be jaggies, but it was only really noticeable on the starting grid and car preview. I was playing off a disc that I put the demo on, so it could be a factor.

The game has a great sense of speed and has that nail biter moments down. I will be on the road during the release, but will definitely pick it up when I return.

I will play some more rival matches a bit later after I run some errands. Oh, and I was playing with the controller too, so I will hook up the Official wheel later to give it a go.

Bit of a rage going on over @Gaf regarding some form of counter steering assist?

I didn't really notice a issue with steering, but I was playing it on a controller and not a wheel. I wanted to try it tonight, but will probably wait until tomorrow to give it a go.

Looks insane. Imagine 5x the power of 360 and Forza 4...

6201898957_20777844dc_b.jpg

Looks good!

And just to show why I am so sensitive over the Nurburgring being in or not, this was me yesterday. ;)

A little under-powered still (as you can see with some cars whizzing by), but handling is great in this Stage 2 Swift with semi-slicks, and that underpowered is also a good thing, as the track was closed almost half the (busy) day with accidents, and some people today were flown out of the track by helicopter.

Looks good!

And just to show why I am so sensitive over the Nurburgring being in or not, this was me yesterday. ;)

A little under-powered still (as you can see with some cars whizzing by), but handling is great in this Stage 2 Swift with semi-slicks, and that underpowered is also a good thing, as the track was closed almost half the (busy) day with accidents, and some people today were flown out of the track by helicopter.

YEH!

I finally completed the GT World Series Seasonal event in GT5.. That track was tricky for me :)

Back