Forza 4

If they were dynamic, wouldn't they be moving in those screenshots?

yes, that or at least all have the same direction:
kb1tfb.jpg

but again, this is really old footage (notice that it only has 8 cars, while the final game will have 16 cars on track)

...but again, this is really old footage (notice that it only has 8 cars, while the final game will have 16 cars on track)

I may be wrong, but I was under the impression that 16 cars is only supported in multiplayer, while the SP races will still run a maximum of 8 cars?

I may be wrong, but I was under the impression that 16 cars is only supported in multiplayer, while the SP races will still run a maximum of 8 cars?

12 in signle player races and 16 in multiplayer and these screens are from 3-4 month old build.

compared to forza 3, there will be 90 cars added, 25 auto vista cars, some tracks will be removed, but other tracks will be added, also certain track will feature an alternate time of day, but cars won't have working headlights or light projection.
Also the lighting model changed.

Not too bad for such a small team, and they did this in 2 years so compliments go out to Turn10 :)

http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/underthehood2/

compared to forza 3, there will be 90 cars added, 25 auto vista cars, some tracks will be removed, but other tracks will be added, also certain track will feature an alternate time of day, but cars won't have working headlights or light projection.
Also the lighting model changed.

Not too bad for such a small team, and they did this in 2 years so compliments go out to Turn10 :)

http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/underthehood2/

Small team? I thought their workforce is bigger than PD?

Small team? I thought their workforce is bigger than PD?

I suppose it would depend on who you were comparing them to. PD being a smaller team doesn't necessarily mean that Turn 10's team isn't small relative to other development teams in the industry.

http://www.polyphony.co.jp/english/
they have 110 people, and I believe Turn10 turn 10 has around 50, that is including PR and community managers.

Btw, also "paint your car" is gone this time, although it could return as DLC

Last I read, Turn10 has a lot of temporary employees and outsourcing of model creation. At peak times those are over 200 people working simultaneously I believe. PD's number includes all their car modellers.

Last I read, Turn10 has a lot of temporary employees and outsourcing of model creation. At peak times those are over 200 people working simultaneously I believe. PD's number includes all their car modellers.

that may be true, but last time Turn10 added 400 new cars plus interiors as opposed to only 90, and I believe they also had a lot more new tracks last time.

Btw, the tracks that stayed the same are sometimes probably color corrected now, with more realistic baked shadows, not to mention better trees (from screenshot comparisons at least).

I thought they topped up to 250 or near 300? Or probably I dont remember well

edit: Nope I was right
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/4144/racing_evolution_forza_3_and_the_.php
How has the development team size grown from Forza 1 on Xbox to Forza 3?

DG: I'll give you a little bit of nitty-gritty here. So, we had, I think about 24 full-time employees on Forza 1. And we then bolstered that staff with probably 70 contract staff that were on for most of the project -- a couple of years. And then we outsourced a lot of our artwork to a group in India and a group in Vietnam. That made it so that all-in, we were probably 200 people, that's my guess.

Then in Forza 2, we got up to about 250. We increased our [full-time] staff, increased our [contract] staff, and increased the number of people in India and Vietnam. And now, for Forza 3, we're just over 300, all-in, with again [contract], [full-time], and a fully-burdened outsource group. And that's been pretty much since the beginning.

We grew immediately, so as soon as we shipped Forza 2, all of the [full-timers] took some time off, the [contract staff] kind of went away for a little bit, we disengaged with our outsourcers, and then within three months, we were back fully-burdened. We were up about 200 people, and 300 within a few months after that.
Topped up to 200 people in Forza 1
Topped up to 250 people in Forza 2
And finally topped over 300 in Forza 3.

They had more people working on Forza since the first than PD had for GT5. And PD had *gulp* around 110 only? Explains why it took so long and why it lacked polish considering how many stuff they put in there at the end

Hot Damn! So the direct-feed screenshots were fake? :D
This looks totally awesome! And better yet, it seems like 'alternate time of day' is in this time.
Can't wait to play this with my cousin (who has a forza 3rd multi screen setup :love: )

The screenshots were from an older build.

I hate marketing trickle with a passion. It makes me more frustrated with the product than it does for generating hype. E3 is one thing, a month out from release I just want to know what the hell is in the game (fully).

I hate marketing trickle with a passion. It makes me more frustrated with the product than it does for generating hype. E3 is one thing, a month out from release I just want to know what the hell is in the game (fully).

Hmm, I miss that track. I quite enjoyed it in GT4 (where it also looked really good). It was even in GT PSP.

I can't wait for the next game to have the new Baltimore Grand Prix track!!! (which was a raging success here in Baltimore over the weekend)

Back