Forza 4

Isn't the paint reflecting stuff not the metal under it.
When i now look outside window the washed/waxed car looks right like that and the dirty car looks like it has a matt finish and reflects almost nothing at all.
I've never seen a waxed car look like those. It's still an improvement over Forza 3, as said earlier.

I have FM2 and FM3 and use the MS Wheel and I don't have those issues. It would be helpful to know the exact settings they were using to compare.

I made that video. All driving aids were turned off and the car was completely stock. This active steering aid, which you cannot turn off, happens with every car with any wheel, most importantly the Fanatec wheels in 900 degree mode which is what is suppose to allow us complete linearity in the steering, just as we would experience in a real car as well as in the much more accurate PC sims. With all aids off the game continues to steer for you and there is no way around it.

It kills the 'simulation' and babies you around the track.

Hopefully Forza 4 wont have this issue but this problem has been known since Forza 3 and they never bothered to fix it.

Blims just put some 60fps vids up on Gamersyde. D'loading now. All the info released so far sounds fabulous! hopefully the ingame footage stacks up well to the museum car detail. Tech wise it looks quite a leap over F3. Double the cars, the new lighting, yet still hitting 60fps. The only thing i don't like about the Forza series is the original track designs. In this respect i think PD 1up them.

How much of an improvement over FM3 is this? The last FM game I played was FM 2, so its been a while. I remember playing the FM3 demo and thinking the track detail was amazing, along with the car showroom, but found the in game models to be lacking.

I've watched a couple of off screen videos for FM4, but its hard to tell if they have improved the in game car details. I don't think you can see the interiors of your opponents while you are driving, which is fine, but I wonder if they managed to squeeze enough power out of the ol' 360 to increase the polys on the exteriors. One single car replay I watched shower the interior of the car while it was driving around the track, but after watching some of the replays with more than one it looks as if the interior is black out.

Anyway, those are really just nitpicks as the game looks amazing (autovista!), I just find it interesting to see where exactly they are using there new resources.

...I don't think you can see the interiors of your opponents while you are driving, which is fine, but I wonder if they managed to squeeze enough power out of the ol' 360 to increase the polys on the exteriors....

read a blog post that claimed from 440k per model in FM3 to over 1 million in 4... do not know the context

I read Open Lobbies are in and 16 cars... I hope both are true. Better damage, some more options like forced pit setting, more robust split screen, and very importantly system link and I am in for 2 copies.

Back