Forza 4

Does anybody know a HD link to the video? The only one I could find on youtube was 360p and the one in the OP was taken down by yt police.

Well, they were aiming for 12 player multiplayer in FM2, guess what - changed to 8.

Nobody says they are not allowed not to keep their promises. I will never trust anything from them until I actually see it for myself in the game disc.

Let's hope they get basic principles right, e.g. know how to make the Ring.

I dont think they will even let the game drop below the 59 fps.:LOL:
Atleast forza 3 was fixed 60 fps from what i remember from the tech analyses digital foundry did.
Forza 3 had half the amount of cars though. That's why some are a little skeptical because they even promised improved visuals.
If they can maintain the performance and make it like F3 with 16 cars and improved visuals, that's a pretty big improvement.

Forza 3 had half the amount of cars though. That's why some are a little skeptical because they even promised improved visuals.
If they can maintain the performance and make it like F3 with 16 cars and improved visuals, that's a pretty big improvement.

Well, the 360 can theoretically handle more geometry than the PS3 so it shouldn't be too much of a problem if GT5 can handle 16 cars at higher resolutions.

The biggest problem with Turn 10 is their art direction tends to a more unrealistic look with their colour and lighting choices.

I do wonder how Kinect support will impact the game though, since it has a 10% system resources overhead, we'd definitely get a better looking game if they didn't enable Kinect - the fanbase won't be happy about that.

Yeah I wasn't crazy about the look of F3 with respect to color and lighting, hopefully they improve that.
Yea, simple contrast/saturation touch ups in Photoshop show how much better the game would look with a more realistic art style.

F3 touchup vs real life
psfm3vsrl.png

This was done using just Flickr
3722209054_2e73647444.jpg

This was the main reason why GT4 on PS2 looked somewhat better than the original Forza, despite lower polygon counts and texture quality for cars and environments

Well, the 360 can theoretically handle more geometry than the PS3 so it shouldn't be too much of a problem if GT5 can handle 16 cars at higher resolutions.

The biggest problem with Turn 10 is their art direction tends to a more unrealistic look with their colour and lighting choices.

I do wonder how Kinect support will impact the game though, since it has a 10% system resources overhead, we'd definitely get a better looking game if they didn't enable Kinect - the fanbase won't be happy about that.

Didn't they dropped kinect resources to around 6%.
Using the gpu it was about 2~5ms but didn't mention how much of the gpu they used. But turn10 already had their own kinect api before the rest. They could use kinect sitting last E3 while the standard api had problems with it.

damn that trailer looked sweet.

I am pretty sure that was real. Turn 10 wil try to go head on head with GT5 and try to surpass it. 16 cars is one of those things they will aim for. This trailer also looked too good to be an April Fool's joke and certainly had the Forza vibe going with it

And add Killzone 2&3 to that too. Wonder what other game uses that?
GT5 obviously.Then , every game using environement lightprobes/SH to light dynamic objects.That's a LOT of games really.

Edit: It's hard to believe FM3 didn't actually used IBL ,btw

GT5 obviously.Then , every game using environement lightprobes/SH to light dynamic objects.That's a LOT of games really.

Edit: It's hard to believe FM3 didn't actually used IBL ,btw

Yeah, I was wondering why it's a big deal when a lot of games already use IBL.

Theoretically, are you talking about the GPUs only or the entire systems?

Does it really matter? It's not important to the thread really.

edit: Just a heads up. Now that I've actually bothered to go back one page and found a half a page of off-topic comparisons, it's silly to have to worry about gfx e-peen off-topic discussion so early in the thread's life. Maybe expecting otherwise IS too much. I'm sure we can all find faults in the individual games, but it's just instant bait for off-topic crap when someone's exclusive is mentioned in some derogatory comparison (and folks must go on to prove otherwise and so on) which is already so far removed from the point of the thread. On another note, just in case it still needs reminding: it should be clear that PR statements are a bunch of hogwash that should be taken none-too-seriously here. Arguing and trying to prove them right or wrong is childish enough.

Anyways.

That's actually very true. It even helps with posted links, like you know if a pic/video link will either show a game in a good light or bad light without even looking at it just based on the person that posts the link. I wouldn't ban these people, they are a great optimization to thread reading and they save me many milliseconds per thread because of the post culling they provide.

:LOL: :smile:

I'm really eager to see what Greenwalt's team has done for the past two years, because if I could point out the single great shortcoming -the stigma of the series, IMO-, that would be the not so high visual prowesses of the game. Unless, of course, the physics calculations required by the title's great driving engine consumes too much resources. It seems that the lacking art is more to blame that the honourable technique..no? :smile:

Going by the little bit of comparison posted at gaf between sections of the Forza 3 and those in the video, it seems that they have improved quite a bit. Anyway it seems that there would be some sort of reveal/blowout before the main showcase at E3.

I want windshield !
Is it hard to do ?

agreed after playing games with windshields now I really want a subtle effect for one... and I'm also excited for the cinematic effects for immersion as well.

Forza 3 to me besides really boring graphics just does not feel alive as you race

Back