Crysis 2 PC edition OT

I'm wondering what'll come next in the Crysis saga. Has Crytek even said anything about a followup to C2, or do they want to do other projects first now?

I think they should do a remake of Trespasser Jurassic Park. ;) I'm a bit burned out on the megasuit super military dude theme.

They will probably focus on the licensing deals for the engine to other developers.
I think they should do a remake of Trespasser Jurassic Park. ;) I'm a bit burned out on the megasuit super military dude theme.
That would be really sweet. I still have found memories of that game. With all the modern technologies (graphics, phisics) it would shine!

I'm wondering what'll come next in the Crysis saga. Has Crytek even said anything about a followup to C2, or do they want to do other projects first now?

Dont they have that medieval game coming up? Anyway its kinda straying off topic.

The Extensible Arm - Nooooo /runs
Show me your mouse hand.
attachment.php

Attachments

• 104934-trespasser-jurassic-park-windows-screenshot-the-hand-is-so.jpg
    104934-trespasser-jurassic-park-windows-screenshot-the-hand-is-so.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 288
Considering the "invention" of motion controls since the release of Trespasser the game might just work if made now. :)

Well, since Crysis 2 is all done and over now, I think this thread could be politely hijacked to discuss Trespasser, shall we? :D

So, I found my sooo old copy on a rusty yellowish CD, and I was surprised that the game installed and was able to run on my shiny Win7 64-bit system without a single hitch! Now, how many other old games could do that?
Later on, I patched the game with the latest ATX mod tool to drive it past the 800x600 resolution limit... witch only make it look kind of worse with the low-res 8-bit textures smeared all over the place. I confidently tried to force full-time 8xSSAA , but for some reason I got lot's of stutters -- guess too heavy for my GTX570 even in this title, so I scaled back to 32xCSAA.
Gameplay-wise, it is still charm and challenging.

I confidently tried to force full-time 8xSSAA , but for some reason I got lot's of stutters -- guess too heavy for my GTX570 even in this title, so I scaled back to 32xCSAA.
Apparently the engine was designed primarily with CPU rendering in mind and a few of their techniques were quite incompatible with 3D cards back then. In the end they hacked together a hybrid CPU and 3D accelerator mode. Sounds quirky to me.

Interesting post mortem about the game.
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/3339/postmortem_dreamworks_.php

I found the LOD hack is also a huge performance hog in HW accelerated mode. The game engine uses a very simple LOD method of turning all the 3D models, at certain distance, into a really low-res point-sampled sprites -- and the higher the screen resolution goes, the uglier it looks. The default LOD threshold is very low, so I used the ATX mod to pump the LOD distance farther away and that immediately turned the game into a slide-show. I tried the same in software rendering mode and it was all smooth once again.

Yyy? We know that since the release.

It's never been clear, at least not to me that there were significant differences between the PC version on the lowerst detail settings and the console versions. In fact I had always assumed that the PC version on low (actually called high in the game menu's) was at best equivilent to the console versions.

However these screens show that even on the lowest detail there are signifcant graphical advantages to the PC version.

It's never been clear, at least not to me that there were significant differences between the PC version on the lowerst detail settings and the console versions. In fact I had always assumed that the PC version on low (actually called high in the game menu's) was at best equivilent to the console versions.

However these screens show that even on the lowest detail there are signifcant graphical advantages to the PC version.

Makes you wonder how fast Crysis VH would had run on the PCs would it had C3 code....

Back