Crysis 2 PC edition OT

For the lulz:

Some of the points he makes, like comparing the lighting by looking at a post processing effect like sunshafts and mentioning how the objects in background in Crysis 2 are simply backdrop and fake is just downright hilarious.

What a stupid comparison.

Sad that the original still looks better (which I think that video shows pretty clearly). Maybe the DX11 patch will change that but I'm not holding my breath.
No it does not, just different setting.

So I saw the video without sound and got the impression it was to show that Crysis looks better? Atleast in that video it did and especially the water. Such a difference and what a shame. Cevat, Faruk and Co must have been either chained to the bed by EA or just gone the 8 mile road. Son I am disappointed.

Yes it did.
Not really, they barely reacted to anything and the ripples looked quite poor.
And this was the ocean water, most of the inland water were much worse (infact some like the water in cave in Warhead, didn't even had refractions/reflection or any kind of movement at all, the only way to tell that you were in a tunnel filled with shallow water was to jump so that you could make a splash).

Ocean waves on the other hand I'll agree, but then you most certainly can't expect the water around New York to be as wavy and violent as the ocean water in some unknown Island somewhere in the pacific ocean.

crysis 2 benchmark tool out

http://www.adrenaline.com.br/tecnologia/downloads/229/adrenaline-crysis-2-benchmark-tool.html

download

untitled5o68.png

settings

Well I hit the uninstall button this afternoon after a lot of thought. I don't know what this game is but it is not Far Cry / Crysis. It wasn't the installment I was looking forward to, it was like watching The Matrix and loving it and then having to watch the sequels which were crap.

In the original and follow up it was open world, you were left to make your own choices, it was pretty realistic. This does not give you an open world, it forces you to the next point and all the time nannying you with things on screen or a robotic voiceover.I can only assume that console players are dumbwits who have to be told how to tie their shoelaces. I am not 6 years old.

To be honest it is a relief now I have made the decision. I am going to play the origjnal Dead Space to see if it will be some sort of antidote.

Perhaps IDsoftware with Rage or the next Unreal engine pure PC game will save my sanity. Coz it ain't looking good from here.

PS And the graphics were no leap forward.

This is interesting.

Two underclocked cores will perform badly if compared to four cores running the same underclocked speed.

But if overclocked @ 4Ghz then two cores will perform almost the same as four cores.

Conclusion: two cores scale very well.

The article doesn't mention what videocard they're using though...

Comments?

Conclusion: The engine is able to leverage >2 cores as a substitute for high clockspeed really well.

Well I hit the uninstall button this afternoon after a lot of thought. I don't know what this game is but it is not Far Cry / Crysis. It wasn't the installment I was looking forward to, it was like watching The Matrix and loving it and then having to watch the sequels which were crap.

In the original and follow up it was open world, you were left to make your own choices, it was pretty realistic. This does not give you an open world, it forces you to the next point and all the time nannying you with things on screen or a robotic voiceover.I can only assume that console players are dumbwits who have to be told how to tie their shoelaces. I am not 6 years old.

To be honest it is a relief now I have made the decision. I am going to play the origjnal Dead Space to see if it will be some sort of antidote.

Perhaps IDsoftware with Rage or the next Unreal engine pure PC game will save my sanity. Coz it ain't looking good from here.

PS And the graphics were no leap forward.

If you make a game for the common denominator, your game will be the common denominator.

The article doesn't mention what videocard they're using though...

Comments?
They were using GF 460.

Its really good graph that shows that engine is really scaling through threads.

@dizietsma
Crysis 1 wasnt open world game, had just a little bigger areas because it was in jungle, not in city. If You really want open world gameplay, just play Far Cry 2.

My only complain about single player in Crysis 2 is that You are fighting mostly aliens, that are boring. I would easily exchange 5h of gameplay for 4-5 more levels like Lab Rat.

Back