Crysis 2 PC edition OT

Does this mean you're going to reinstall?
I might, if I don't have to suffer the bullsht commercials at every bloody startup, and that cursed flickering...although from reading posts in this thread about gameplay I don't think the game sounds very fun, and also too radical a departure from the previous formula to be considered a crysis game.

Free-range gameplay was their deal in the past, to be reduced to mission-running errand-boy feels like a huge left-hand turn for the worse. Add the console nerfs (no quicksave?! What the fuck!), flat bullet casings, static reflection maps, shit like that just doesn't make me feel very enthusiastic. The bugs and quirks in the game are just salt in the wounds really, we were promised a no-compromise PC game during the years of waiting and crytek just totally screwed us over in the end.

I'm feeling fairly pissed off, and if I'd known beforehand the game would have been so consolified as it is I never would have placed my pre-order and instead waited for the inevitable sales drive on steam.

Anyway, thanks for the info, I'll check into it if/when I re-download the game again (only takes like half a day on my current connection, ugh.)

Definitely do the radeonpro bioshock profile with forced triple-buffering.
You mean it's not triplebuffering out of the box, what the bleeding eff? Are they completely incompetent over there at crytek or what? :???:

All I know is that I had microstuttering on the Bioshock profile until I forced triple-buffering in RadeonPro. I also had some problems with less flickering until I turned vsync off, then back on. I hate tearing so it must be on.

After a couple hours of play things get better but it's still not Cry1.

Really? Tomorrow? (According to the article)

Also what do they mean by 16ms to have fun with the PC hardware? milliseconds.. GPU rendering time, right?

I'm not sure I understand.

Really? Tomorrow? (According to the article)

Also what do they mean by 16ms to have fun with the PC hardware? milliseconds.. GPU rendering time, right?

I'm not sure I understand.

16ms worth of grahpical awesomeness I'm guessing... wondering what they'll add besides the obvious.

The 16ms comment by itself is meaningless without knowing what hardware he's referring to, no? GTX580 can get a lot more done in 16ms than 8800GT lol.

Or maybe he meant using DX11 saves 16ms per frame. Which would mean if you got 30fps in DX9 you'd get 70 in DX11 :LOL:

So the bottom line is no matter which way, we'll be seeing:

1. Performance boost
2. More graphical niceties (outside of tesselation)

The 16ms comment by itself is meaningless without knowing what hardware he's referring to, no? GTX580 can get a lot more done in 16ms than 8800GT lol.

Or maybe he meant using DX11 saves 16ms per frame. Which would mean if you got 30fps in DX9 you'd get 70 in DX11 :LOL:

The extra gfx features which take an extra 16 miliseconds to render ?

The extra gfx features which take an extra 16 miliseconds to render ?

Which would mean if you were getting 60fps in DX9 you'll get half that in DX11. If that's the case I hope the extra features will blow us away.

Think you guys are overanalysing that 16ms comment..

I hope that the DX11 effects can be adjusted easily, and it's not just some single "use DX11" setting.

Think you guys are overanalysing that 16ms comment..

I hope that the DX11 effects can be adjusted easily, and it's not just some single "use DX11" setting.

Yeah

I hate those games where enabling DX11 automatically activates many other demanding effects...Since my main rig has a HD5770, that has a disastrous effect for my performance

If they can have a DX11 patch of any significance out within a week of release then why not delay the release?

Also, it had better come with a long list of bug fixes...

Strange as it worked right now for me. Might be Megaupload sometimes takes some time to host it.

If it still doesn't work for you I'll reupload.

It's telling me: "The file you are trying to access is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later."

Maybe because I'm US?

Uh...as someone who manages hardware, mechanical and software teams there's no congratulating failure. If I shipped an industrial control system with umpteen analyzers, PLCs, etc and it had this many bugs someone would likely get killed and my company would go under from the lawsuits. Truth is it should have never been released (for PC at least) in this state.
As someone who develops business software for a living, believe me, this software is in quality state to the average business software that gets launched.

As someone who develops business software for a living, believe me, this software is in quality state to the average business software that gets launched.

That's rather shameful, but I'm sure it's true. I recently started using MS Office again (for compatibility reasons) and have had orders of magnitude more bug issues than the last 6 years using OpenOffice. I guess when your routines control furnaces full of toxic and/or explosive gases at up to 1600 C you take debugging a bit more seriously. If you lost track of a variable (like Crytek lost track of people's nano credits) you could have a very serious industrial accident on your hands.

That's rather shameful, but I'm sure it's true. I recently started using MS Office again (for compatibility reasons) and have had orders of magnitude more bug issues than the last 6 years using OpenOffice. I guess when your routines control furnaces full of toxic and/or explosive gases at up to 1600 C you take debugging a bit more seriously. If you lost track of a variable (like Crytek lost track of people's nano credits) you could have a very serious industrial accident on your hands.
It all depends on the context. Your working field would result in disasters with defects. The same cannot be said for business software. Yes, it will cost your company money if it goes wrong, but it also costs alot of money to get everything right. And business people tend to want to sit in the front row for a few cents.

Back