Crysis 2 PC edition OT

They've been working on it for three years, probably pulled a lot of long nights and weekends, had been attacked on all forums for every decision they've made, so I'd say they really deserve a few days off. If not a few weeks.

Seriously, it's a really though thing to be on crunch mode for extended time periods, so have a little sympathy for them, guys.

They've been working on it for three years, probably pulled a lot of long nights and weekends, had been attacked on all forums for every decision they've made, so I'd say they really deserve a few days off. If not a few weeks.

Seriously, it's a really though thing to be on crunch mode for extended time periods, so have a little sympathy for them, guys.

Oh believe me I understand and yeah they definitely deserve a break. I wasn't demanding an immediate patch or anything, just pointing it out.

I'd have some sympathy if they said they were releasing the game with glaring bugs like the disappearing nanocatalyst and ranked lobbies that never start before asking for my $60. Again I'm left to wonder Laa-Yosh, is Cevat Yerli your mother? :p

Uh...as someone who manages hardware, mechanical and software teams there's no congratulating failure. If I shipped an industrial control system with umpteen analyzers, PLCs, etc and it had this many bugs someone would likely get killed and my company would go under from the lawsuits. Truth is it should have never been released (for PC at least) in this state.

Again I'm left to wonder Laa-Yosh, is Cevat Yerli your mother? :p

Why the hell are you picking on me? I was just asking for a little sympathy for the guys in the trenches, found it a bit absurd that they shouldn't be allowed to take the weekend off after finishing a long project...

Uh...as someone who manages hardware, mechanical and software teams there's no congratulating failure. If I shipped an industrial control system with umpteen analyzers, PLCs, etc and it had this many bugs someone would likely get killed and my company would go under from the lawsuits. Truth is it should have never been released (for PC at least) in this state.

Well Done Mize,
I dont get that "It's software therefore the standards we apply to every other product dont apply" logic

Man I was kidding when I asked if there was any POM, now I'm a sad Panda. :cry:

That said, someone better will always come along.

ID and Quake ... then Epic and Unreal ... Crytek and Cryengine .... someone will always pickup the PC torch.

That someone could have been Project Offset but then Intel happened.

I loaded up the game and got the fov better and the initial marketing screens removed and am now about to start proper. However some intiial thoughts.

1. It's not as realistic as Far Cry and Crysis. More cartoony. That's a real downer, I want to feel I am there.
2. They've gone for the cinema or COD style movie type game it seems.

I then came on here and find out they seem to have done

1. Reduced the open aspect of it allowing multiple options and exploring
2. respawn.

I just hate respawn. It's so un-natural. It clashes with 1 above as well. This was mentioned above by someone else.

The best level on Far Cry was the one with 3 islands where you had to take out the radio towers. You could do it about 10 different ways it was so opn and unlinear. The best level of Crysis was where you had to go into the heavily guarded sea side town, that was great because no respawn so you could take your time and work it out, unravel it like an onion.

So we lose that and also lose the graphics that you were actually there.

I just hope the shoot em up side of it is good to recompense.

I'm looking forward now even more to Duke Nukem as it just does what it says on the tin. Some beers and blasting and nekkid pixel chicks. :D

no sanbox on C2 gamedisk.
It is said that Sandbox will be released at later date.

but in C2 leaked in internet, there sanbox included.

Hmmm....so odes that mean Crytek wants us to buy C2 on PC at a later date???? Pretty strange, I may say, as you said there, sandbox was there in the leaked beta :rolleyes: !!! Why this strange behaviour for everything PC related? I mean supplying sandbox will only improve the product, it doesn't invite piracy or anything. My best time with Crysis was in the Sandbox editor and the mods released for Crysis. looks like I will delay buying then, and wait for a cheaper version later which will also have the sandbox editor.

How did you manage that? Please, reveal your secrets I beseech thee! :)

Use the gui tweaker on pg 3 of this thread to create an autoexec.cfg. It's one of the options. I can't remember the text & I'm away from my computer. Does this mean you're going to reinstall? Definitely do the radeonpro bioshock profile with forced triple-buffering.

Is there any way to unlock all commands in console? Its frustrating that we cant change settings in real time.

Back