Crysis 2 PC edition OT

mycrysis.com is blowing up. I can't redeem my limited edition code and the password I use to log in to the game is different from the one I use at mycrysis.com.

Colour me confused.

Yeah redeeming was a pain. You may want to keep track of this stickied thread.

http://www.mycrysis.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=12386

The account login is a known issue they are investigating, but no fix yet.

I'm under the impression that this doesn't work for Steam version but will give it a try...also read that way < CFX...?

Are you still having problems Mize? Apparently someone found a workaround for Crossfire on the Steam version.

http://www.mycrysis.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=157891#p157891

Apparently he used Radeon Pro program to create a profile that forces the use of the Bioshock profile without having to rename the .exe.

Regards,
SB

Why every EA game has to have big multiplayer problems at launch?
Its not like they didnt test it before. I just dont get it.
And i dont get why consoles have private match options and PC games dont, it just ridiculous that You cant have matches with friend or even 1vs1 events. Less options than Moh:AA and Quake 3 in server browser [and worse search mechanism] is also really frustrating ...

Sometimes i think that dev teams hire network designers and devs that grown up playing Halo ...

Last edited by a moderator:
Why every EA game has to have big multiplayer problems at launch?
Its not like they didnt test it before, I just dont get it.
And i dont get why consoles have private match options and PC games doesnt, it just ridiculous that You cant have matches with friend or even 1vs1 events. Less options than Moh:AA and Quake 3 in server browser [and worse search mechanism] is also really frustrating ...

Sometimes i think that dev teams hire network designers and devs that grow up playing Halo ...

I only tried multiplayer briefly, but do all servers have random map and gametypes? I chose a server that was doing one of the team modes. After that game was done it went right into FFA deathmatch. I absolutely hate FFA deathmatch (and even team deathmatch is boring as hell), it's the most boring, yawn inducing type of multiplayer that there is.

Regards,
SB

Random gametypes are quite rare, but i havent actually saw server without map changing. Servers are dedicated and can be bought by players so there will be some totally custom setups.

They were messed up there just like everywhere else when I played through the level, and seeing as how there hasn't been a patch since then I highly doubt anything has changed.

So yeah, look who's "FoS" :rolleyes:

The only problem is that they don't support reflection occlusion (like in the UE3 GDC 2011 demo) so they can look a bit out of place at times.

That's nice, but it's a tech demo, while I've yet to see anything of the sort in the game. Have you even played the game?
How about you read my posts properly before you get all bitchy?

"We were supposed to get proper glossy reflections as a byproduct of their GI method but they don't seem to be activated in the game :/"

Are you still having problems Mize? Apparently someone found a workaround for Crossfire on the Steam version.

http://www.mycrysis.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=157891#p157891

Apparently he used Radeon Pro program to create a profile that forces the use of the Bioshock profile without having to rename the .exe.

Regards,
SB

This approach works, but only with vsync disabled...with vsync on it does the seizure flicker about ever couple seconds for a split second. Very odd.

It's a bandaid (I hate screen tearing) but I'll give it some play time.

Yeah hopefully Crytek (or AMD if Crytek can't) come out with a real fix for it, but at least it'll allow you to use Crossfire for the moment.

Regards,
SB

Firstly thanks to Neb for putting so much info up over all these weeks.

I now have Crysis loaded, Not played it yet, what I normally do nowadays is get totally sidetracked by setting the image up so it looks right and do multiple compare and contrasts so really I get carried away with the Beyond 3d stylee IQ and don't play the game for a while.

However to cut all that short should I just turn off ATi Control Panel, and then use that nice graphic interface the link on this thread pointed too? Or do I have to start popping values into the cfg file as well? There's bazillions of those mofo's I could be here all night.

Basically I am being a lazy bastard who doesn't want and consolitus dumbing down but wants the best quick fixes for that to make it as good as possible and then play the game.

Andy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HD08OvMTAs
So yeah, look who's "FoS"
I've no clue what you think your seeing in that video to support your claim of real time reflections, but here is a video to exemplify how wrong you are:

How about you read my posts properly before you get all bitchy?
I read what you quoted, and I also read were you claimed the game "uses realtime reflections for wet surfaces and the ocean", while I've yet to see any sort of real-time reflections in the game. Again, I get the strong impression you haven't actually played the game, have you?

Okay forcing the Bioshock profile in RadeonPro makes it playable. Vsync does work if you turn it off and then back on. It's a bit jittery (microstuttering) even though I'm maxed out at 60 fps most of the time wth the graphical tool settings maxed out.
The reflections are pretty sloppy, but I'll play it a bit. I hope someone fixes the jittery stuff soon though.

... while I've yet to see any sort of real-time reflections in the game. Again, I get the strong impression you haven't actually played the game, have you?

Dont know about the wet terrain but the ocean does have realtime reflections. Distant scenery, boats etc but not everything. You can even set the pixel threshold for realtime reflections to change culling sizes. Was same in Crysis where ocean did reflect everything at highest setting for X meteres ahead (although I believe in it's current form the C2 ocean dont reflect everything).

For the cubemap use, well since game had consoles as maintarget and them disabling POM and more to keep "parity" one would not expect them to have realtiem reflections. Besides they are very costly as it needs to more than often mirror everything reflected having it redrawn. In Crysis the ocean water reflections from scenery alone could end up in the 0.5m polys/frame range.

Atleast the cubemaps looks fairly similar to the scene(s) as opposed to most other games where it they use a cubemap generated in an entirely different setting or RL photo.

In editor one can see cubemap generation spots.

I've no clue what you think your seeing in that video to support your claim of real time reflections, but here is a video to exemplify how wrong you are:

That shows exactly what I said. It has realtime reflections but distant ones look off (appear when they shouldn't) due to the lack of reflection occlusion.

I read what you quoted, and I also read were you claimed the game "uses realtime reflections for wet surfaces and the ocean", while I've yet to see any sort of real-time reflections in the game. Again, I get the strong impression you haven't actually played the game, have you?
I have. Stop with the adhoc attacks.

Finally got the game and it's much worse than I thought. Graphics are hit and miss but mostly miss and overall a leap back from Crysis (some things are obviously better but overall it's one step forward, two steps back). Also, I don't at all like how the nanosuit has changed.

I get what they were going for with the whole being a tank thing but I think they over did it a bit. Feels quite sluggish compared to Crysis and I don't like the streamlined modes. Hopefully it gets better over the course of the game but at the beginning at least it feels like I'm playing through a generic shooter. Also the controls have bugged out on me quite a few times (hitting backwards actually kept moving me forward a few times) and another time everything stopped working completely.

The AI is also hit or miss but that for the most part remains pretty good. When it's off though it's off by wide margin (e.g. one time I stood right in front of enemies for a good few seconds or so before they reacted to me, and sometimes they don't at all react to thrown grenades even if thrown directly at them).

Dont know about the wet terrain but the ocean does have realtime reflections. Distant scenery, boats etc
I see what is reflected undulating with the watter, and that adjusts to the angle it is viewed, but I've yet to see moving boats, distant scenery, or anything to suggest real-time reflections in the ocean or anywhere else in the game. Any chance you could upload a video to exemplify whatever you are referring to?

That shows exactly what I said. It has realtime reflections but distant ones look off (appear when they shouldn't) due to the lack of reflection occlusion.
Nonsense, it has specular highlighting from light sources that remain in place, but then it has reflections following me as I strafe back and forth across the map.

I see what is reflected undulating with the watter, and that adjusts to the angle it is viewed, but I've yet to see moving boats, distant scenery, or anything to suggest real-time reflections in the ocean or anywhere else in the game. Any chance you could upload a video to exemplify whatever you are referring to?

First level ocean water has some reflections. Some other parts to and it's visible in multiplayer maps to. You could test it yourself.

r_WaterReflections=1 (0/1)
r_WaterReflectionsQuality=4 (1-4)
r_WaterReflectionsMinVisiblePixelsUpdate = 0.05 (0-1)

Back