B3D News Item: Challenge: Find Differences between Crysis 2 Console SKUs

In before flames erupt... Image quality sure isn't the best but it still seems to have most if not all the features. I'd like to see a single player demo though before drawing final conclusions.

In before flames erupt... Image quality sure isn't the best but it still seems to have most if not all the features. I'd like to see a single player demo though before drawing final conclusions.
Definitely agree.There has been couple previews stating its almost night and day difference.I refuse to believe Crytek Germany would release SP looking like this.

Looks much cleaner on my tv, but on this shots it looks like 1024x720 or even lower :???:

Really? It actually look much worse on my TV, I havent played a game with such bad IQ for a long time, on Pier 17 You cant see a thing from distance.

For comparison:

PC, 1024x720, Medium settings with MLAA:
Crysis2PCMLAA.jpg

PS3, 1024x720, unknown AA:
Crysis2PS3.jpg

I guess it's not the resolution causing the IQ issues...

They're usually just based around SP levels. I think there's only one that's almost exactly the same, and it's probably the best looking MP map.

Well, I remember seeing Skyline in some SP preview footage so both maps in the beta are from SP levels, so they really shouldn't look any different to SP

look at halo reach same maps in campaign and multi and they look different.(or my memory playing tricks on me)

No, they don't - unless they're at a different time of day (and of course SP levels often have debris lying around in SP and altered arrangements). But they pretty much look the same, if anything MP maps might even look better than SP levels (like Anchor 9 or Tempest)

No, they don't - unless they're at a different time of day (and of course SP levels often have debris lying around in SP and altered arrangements). But they pretty much look the same, if anything MP maps might even look better than SP levels (like Anchor 9 or Tempest)

im not talking about IQ because there's no difference of course but in SP maps have additional effects and geometry and it just looks better.
Swordbase for example.
and I don't think that Tempest or Anchor 9 looks better than SP levels.
Winter Contingency alone is more impressive than every mp map with this whole alpha.
Anchor have nice skybox thats all.
But it's offtopic and probably subjective

Well, I remember seeing Skyline in some SP preview footage so both maps in the beta are from SP levels, so they really shouldn't look any different to SP

Graphic effects scale with mode. Particle effects are metier in SP, so is other aspects besides level design. If beta configs are indicative of final version then console MP dont even use GI from sunsource which it does for SP. PC MP/SP uses GI in any setting.

To get indicative GI spots then a screenshot can be taken in leak editor with r_GIAmount 16 to exaggerate GI strength to mark spots where it is present.

Back