Prey 2 coming

Wow, excellent trailer! Certainly something different, Really looking forward to this.

BTW, it's worth watching the interview linked by KKRT above.
Thanks for the tip. Now I know I don't need to buy this game, or even think one single thought about it anymore.

SERIOUSLY, I don't fucking get these developer people. They take over an established "franchise" (it was ONE game in this case, but whatever), turn it completely upside its head. Throw away the main character, throw away the setting, throw away the gameplay, throw away all the previously established lore and other stuff and just completely make up new shit and stamp the old name on it.

WHY!!!

If you wanna make a game about some asshole amnesiac bounty hunter (THAT'S an original concept!!! :rolleyes:) who shoves people over ledges to their death, DO THAT, but don't steal another concept and RUIN it just for your own gratification!

*spit*

Same thing with Far Cry, Turok and others. Speaking of which btw, what's the chance the main character in this game is some generic white guy?

Thanks for the tip. Now I know I don't need to buy this game, or even think one single thought about it anymore.

SERIOUSLY, I don't fucking get these developer people. They take over an established "franchise" (it was ONE game in this case, but whatever), turn it completely upside its head. Throw away the main character, throw away the setting, throw away the gameplay, throw away all the previously established lore and other stuff and just completely make up new shit and stamp the old name on it.

WHY!!!

Actually, this version of Prey is much, much closer to the original Prey concept than that lightweight corridor and monster closet shooter on rails that they brought out a couple of years back as a cash-in on the Prey name. If anything, Prey threw away the original concept, and Prey 2 comes back to it.

Personally, I'd rather something new than just a rehash of the same old stuff.

Speaking of which btw, what's the chance the main character in this game is some generic white guy?

No idea, but he sure as hell will be "bad-ass".
Because that's what we all aspire to be, right? Bad-ass is cool. RIght?

I'm getting too old for mainstream computer gaming.

No idea, but he sure as hell will be "bad-ass".
Because that's what we all aspire to be, right? Bad-ass is cool. RIght?

I'm getting too old for mainstream computer gaming.

I'm with you on that, that's why I so much enjoy Witcher 2 now! Almost everyone can kick my ass if not careful and you're just small part of big political game going around!

Anyway coming back to topic, this game environment looks very nice! I will definitely try Demo if released, but hope they will do proper KB/Mouse profile without aim-assists and what not.
For some reason I'm not that excited with shooters anymore, or though I've enjoyed Crysis games very much and love Battlefields. And this is coming from old school Quake player who was not bad in Q3A turnaments back in those days!

I'm all about shooters with freedom these days. Sandbox games are my preference. Corridor shooters usually don't hold my attention unless they are old classics.

Prey was pretty boring with a lot in common with Doom3. So a change up is not a bad thing IMO. Of course who knows if their new idea is going to work out or not.

At this point I'm hoping that means a new name for a game that's completely different from Prey 1. :mad:

At this point I'm hoping that means a new name for a game that's completely different from Prey 1. :mad:

If that's the case, why cancel their GDC talks? Why issue a "no comment" instead of a instant denial if it's just a wild internet rumour?

It's a big shame as I was looking forward to this. It's especially bad when you consider what stunningly mediocre/buggy stuff Bethseda puts out half the time. I can only think the game isn't living up to expectations and/or is way behind schedule and not working out.

so far every iteration of this sequel is less like the original. i guess after they cancel it again next year they can reboot it as a free to play collectable card game.

I came here to say just that.
Looks like a pretty bland survival horror that eventually turns into a shooter with a horror theme, like Dead Space in FPS form. What does this have to do with the Cherokee mythology and gameplay puzzles with gravity shifts from the original?
Why call it "Prey"?

This stinks like the typical case of a publisher (Zenimax/Bethesda Softworks) simply using the name as cash-cow while telling Arkane to make a Dead Space clone.

It's being made by a division of Arkane Studios so I'm definitely going to give it the benefit of the doubt. Anyway, the 2006 game was basically about aliens turning humans into protein mash for momma. Various levels of silliness ensued. The gameplay elements and puzzles will undoubtedly make some kind of return.

The original game was never released. Another 3D Realms botch up.

The story of the first Prey game (the one which made it to market) was less than bleh, but I really enjoyed the gravity-reorienting game mechanics and I recall the level design being pretty good for showing off said mechanic. Sad they're going THIS route with the successor :(

Feels kinda like the Fallout -> Fallout 2 progression. Yeah, they were both open-world FPS, but pretty much everything else was wholly disconnected.

Feels kinda like the Fallout -> Fallout 2 progression. Yeah, they were both open-world FPS, but pretty much everything else was wholly disconnected.

Fallout 3 -> Fallout 4?

Fallout 1 and 2 were top down isometric turn based RPGs. Fallout 3 and 4 I'd rather not even acknowledge exist. :p

Regards,
SB

Back