Íslandspósti the national postal service of Iceland. is making national online mail s

so this is basically icelandic hotmail ?
not exactly un similar but not the same
Digital certificates are electronic credentials in the world to identify themselves online. They replace the use of username and password. You can also use the digital certificate to sign electronic documents that previously had to sign a paper.

to give you a better idea what it about here is a badly google translate text
The directory is your personal electronic mailbox and get all mail received in electronic form. In the folder, you can send invoices, account statements, pay slips, notices and other communications with companies and organizations. The directory is actually your home online.
The directory is a very good tool to get things in order and get you to install their own data in addition to that received from companies. It is easy to continue to send invoices and other documents in the family or wherever needed.

I do all of that with my current email. Payslips, accounts etc. The only advantage appears to be that with mappan you don't need to use a username and password for the related sites. But is that really a good thing?

As it is I have 2 layers of protection, the second of which is different for each service. If someone hacks your mappan account, they have access to everything.

I guess I'm missing something here. Interested to know what.

I do all of that with my current email. Payslips, accounts etc. The only advantage appears to be that with mappan you don't need to use a username and password for the related sites. But is that really a good thing?

As it is I have 2 layers of protection, the second of which is different for each service. If someone hacks your mappan account, they have access to everything.

I guess I'm missing something here. Interested to know what.
from what i am gathering it it like your online mailbox if you have mappan then a company could send you mail to you mappa acount instead to your mailbox as this is the national postal service of Iceland it could happen automatly
Electronic ID is a debit card or credit card with a inbuilt processor
witch you run through a scaner

I´ll just attack this thread with some pointless pieces of trivial information:

Computer in Finnish is "Tietokone" which comes from words Tieto (Knowledge) and Kone (Machine)
So a knowledge machine... I think that isn´t too bad of a description.

BTW I don't think knowledge machine is that great, is there no word for computation in Finnish? It seems a more apt description since knowledge certainly isn't what the machine deals in. Maybe knowledge there has a different connotation though. I know that in the past words moved and got butchered, but I am not a fan of speeding that process up either (taking a Spanish word and then spelling it differently to make it look English).

"Knowledge machine" is imo a very rough translation by Mendel. The word "tieto" has multiple meanings and "knowledge" is not a proper one in this context.

Other more suitable meanings/translations for tieto are:

-Data
-Information

And there are many other meanings aswell, when used in different context.

Also the word machine for kone is suitable, but not a perfect fit here. It can be used, but machine imo refers better to something little more mechanical, something that has more moving parts or moves itself, for example lentokone = flightmachine = airplane

information machine/apparatus or

data (processing) device would imo be better.

Back