Zotac RMA

Sxotty

Legend
I figured since JR made a thread on MSI I would do the same for zotac. It is a mini-itx mobo though instead.

A little complicated by the fact that the board died right at the 30 day time frame. I registered and requested RMA, they said to return to store b/c it was < 30 days. Store futzed a bit and then it was over 30 days. So I went back to get RMA, but it said I had no products registered, and when I tried to register it it said the product already was registered. I emailed them on Friday, heard back on Monday or Tuesday with RMA information and shipped it back to them. So far I have found the process fairly pleasant. I will let you know how it all turns out.

Why did you go through RMA just because the store futzed? It was less than 30 days when you first contacted them, right? Don't let them push you around, they too's gotta abide by the rules.

I remember the seagate 7200.11 RMA. pretty cool, you go to the web site, enter serial number and get to know the precise warranty dates and procedure right away, the RMA stuff to print and attach on the package so that it gets through customs with no question.

it would be fun to get a free dead hardware still covered by warranty and RMA it :)

Well it got here, I think it is probably a refurb which is fine. It works and all is dandy except for one thing that is unrelated to the board (the power supply I had isn't enough to run the computer and LCD screen like it used to b/c this computer takes more power than my old one so I have to rewire the LCD to another power source).

Back