Forum wiping unread posts on login

There was talk of this in that other thread but nothing really came of it; it happened again to me today so I'd like to know if it can be stopped.

Occasionally when you log in the forum will wipe your unread post markings. The blurb at the top will then say "the time now is x, you last logged in at x" where both times are the same, which isn't right. Presumably the last login time is stored in your db profile, not a cookie which might get deleted?

Although others have claimed it doesn't work that way, that is also my theory as it would be machine/browser independent otherwise.

I found the only way to stop this from happening is to disable the "auto-login" facility and re-enter the username/password each time. Of course, I just let the browser do this for me.

One alternative I've suggested in the past is having three buttons to "reset my last login time" back by 1hr, 1day, and 1week.

on my System it works fine if i click on a comments link on the main page and then go to the forum main page.

Back