[Multiplat] Battlefield 3

We don't see repi for a long while and he now pops in to troll these aging consoles :LOL:

Well played sir, well played. :p
I love consoles, but I have to admit that I felt a little envious after watching the video because that's how BF3 is meant to run, so smooth.

But then I thought that despite of the 30 fps console gamers have an advantage, because the game is a lot more fair for everyone playing.

On the PC, a guy playing at a solid 60 fps and another guy running the game barely scratching 20 fps is what I consider unbalanced. I never tested this out but I guess the player playing at a better framerate has a huge advantage.

Cyan said:
On the PC, a guy playing at a solid 60 fps and another guy running the game barely scratching 20 fps is what I consider unbalanced. I never tested this out but I guess the player playing at a better framerate has a huge advantage.

he will just lower graphics to a minimum and run at 60fps aswell..

he will just lower graphics to a minimum and run at 60fps aswell..
That's what I did a few times with Crysis 2 on the PC, but in keeping the game running at a smooth framerate there were moments when I couldn't see a thing because I had to decrease the resolution to levels when the fineness of detail simply disappeared.

It's a good method of freeing the graphics card up but my laptop isn't powerful enough to run the game smoothly without losing detail.

Ok.

I started playing this game recently and I feel disappointed. I had so many expectation about this game which havent been met

I always play my games on Hard mode because thats where the game's mechanics and design are tested. Well....it is mediocre and in many areas broken.

First of all the AI is broken. They will rarely move locations to confuse you. They mostly take cover and shoot. Thats all they do most of the time. And they magically know where you are, even if you hide, and change location. They also have unbelievably accurate aim. They will be able to shoot right at you even when you are looking through an extremely narrow opening, where you can barely see and they are a mile away from you despite that they dont have a sniper rifle.

The bullets also appear to hit you even when you appear to be completely hidden. Its like the enemy bullets pass through obstacles. To the contrary your bullets sometimes dont hit the enemy because the collision detection box of some objects between you and the enemy stick out more than what is suggested visually. So you will actually see your bullets hit a tiny invisible wall instead!

Its stupid when your allies are simply crouching behind a cover with some of their parts sticking out while you are laying completely on the ground to be safer but you are the one who gets the bullets. Sometimes the allies are completely exposed and invincible. But dont you dare stick out a finger tip from behind the wall. The enemy will KILL you by severing it. It totally brakes the immersion

The allies dont appear to give a shit if you exist or not. I often took cover behind an obstacle but because the game was scripted so that an ally would take cover there, he would come push me away leaving me in the open to become a bullet sponge. Thanks asshole!!

It is also not as brilliant as I thought visually. In some areas it looks great in many areas its just ok. There are some blurry textures here and there too. And I am playing it on the PS3 which is supposed to be the slightly better version.

I am pretty sure this game runs at medium to low settings on consoles. Gameplay wise I dont understand whats so special about the co-op.

Tbh i dont know why you judge the game on the single player as its the multiplayer that has always been the main focus of the battlefield series. (hell didn't the original versions not have any single player at all??)

The multiplayer, is as expected, brilliant!

What kills the multiplayer for me is the unlock system. I didn't really like it in BC2 either, but it is taken to the extreme in BF3.
I don't like how high level players get an advantage simply by having more gear unlocked.

What kills the multiplayer for me is the unlock system. I didn't really like it in BC2 either, but it is taken to the extreme in BF3.
I don't like how high level players get an advantage simply by having more gear unlocked.

Tbh in terms of guns they are almost all the same. The only part were I feel it gues an unfair advantage is on the helicopters which get some sweet unlocks that make it very hard to compete against

Tbh in terms of guns they are almost all the same. The only part were I feel it gues an unfair advantage is on the helicopters which get some sweet unlocks that make it very hard to compete against

This is how me and my squad take care of the choppers with great results.

1 or 2 in the squad gets the Stinger. Lock on to the chopper, wait a few seconds, many of the choppers shoots flares/smoke at this moment, when the flares/smoke dies, fire!. Repeat if necesarry.

If they do not release countermeasure just fire rocket, reload stinger and fire again as soon as possible and they are not able to build up countermeasure in time. Repeat if necesarry.

Just the few very best chopper pilots are able to dodge behind something to avoid this. If so spread your squad mates on different locations. Remember voice chat!! to few use this very important feature for teamwork.

I hate choppers, get them down, good luck!

This is how me and my squad take care of the choppers with great results.

1 or 2 in the squad gets the Stinger. Lock on to the chopper, wait a few seconds, many of the choppers shoots flares/smoke at this moment, when the flares/smoke dies, fire!. Repeat if necesarry.

If they do not release countermeasure just fire rocket, reload stinger and fire again as soon as possible and they are not able to build up countermeasure in time. Repeat if necesarry.

Just the few very best chopper pilots are able to dodge behind something to avoid this. If so spread your squad mates on different locations. Remember voice chat!! to few use this very important feature for teamwork.

I hate choppers, get them down, good luck!

I meant chopper vs chopper

Tbh in terms of guns they are almost all the same.

how can i see that the guns is almost the same? there no "parameter view" in the BF3. There;s one on BFBC2...

from my experience, unlocked gun is imbalanced. Too powerful.
Like the sniping shotgun and slow-show handgun (forgot the name).

using the slow-shot handgun, it only took 2 SHOT on any body part to kill a person. It also have super accurate hip-fire.

The unlocks definitely make a big difference,

I'm rank 56 and play CQ Recon and the G18 Suppressed which I unlocked at rank 41 is already the gun I have fourth most kills with (and has the highest kills per minute ratio - 50% higher than my most used gun, the SKS).

It is an absolutely indispensable part of my kit and lets me often come out on top in close quarters against assault and SMG wielding players.

So unlocking the G18 definitely made a huge difference to the efficacy of my loadout and playstyle.

how can i see that the guns is almost the same? there no "parameter view" in the BF3. There;s one on BFBC2...

from my experience, unlocked gun is imbalanced. Too powerful.
Like the sniping shotgun and slow-show handgun (forgot the name).

using the slow-shot handgun, it only took 2 SHOT on any body part to kill a person. It also have super accurate hip-fire.

All guns with the same ammo type have excaxtly the same damage and range!

There are some slight differences in recoil

http://symthic.com/bf3-weapon-charts

Last edited by a moderator:
The unlocks definitely make a big difference,

I'm rank 56 and play CQ Recon and the G18 Suppressed which I unlocked at rank 41 is already the gun I have fourth most kills with (and has the highest kills per minute ratio - 50% higher than my most used gun, the SKS).

It is an absolutely indispensable part of my kit and lets me often come out on top in close quarters against assault and SMG wielding players.

So unlocking the G18 definitely made a huge difference to the efficacy of my loadout and playstyle.

Because you unlocked the gun now, instead of the beginning, it should have a higher score of you progress in the game.

Furthermore, and this is not meant as an insult, some players for some reason struggle to tap the fire button quickly with pistols making them completely useless with a semi auto.

And if you check, the g18 has the same damage, 10-20 metered shorter range than the 93r....

Weapon unlocks mean nothing in bf3. I am rather low level ( my main game is cod as IMO it has much better gun handling) but outside of vechicles I can pretty much rape 95% of the players with the starter assault rifle...

It's the same thing in CoD, people whine about weapon unlocks. what they don't realize is that the best weapons are either unlocked from beginning or right after, and they just suck

Last edited by a moderator:
I use an SKS and M39 EMR almost exclusively, so I'm not going to have difficulty tapping the fire button quickly enough.

Yes, the 93-R has better specs, but I haven't unlocked it yet - and it isn't silenced, so less useful for me.
The G18 works well enough at the ranges I need (CQC).

With BF at least, it's definitely not true that all the best guns are unlocked at the beginning of the game or that 'weapon unlocks mean nothing'.
While the basic guns are certainly capable, for most classes/builds you'd have to unlock quite a lot of stuff til you get equipment optimal for your playstyle.

And I haven't being playing COD MP since the Black Ops days, but IIRC back in MW2 stuff like the FAL were unlocked at quite high levels.

the weapon unlocks in BF3 really improve the aiming and shooting. my P90 now able to shoot kind of long distance with some red thingy (not remember the name).
Then there also weapon with longer body that able to shot further.

contrary to the BFBC2 where i can use M1 garand all the way from begining to whenever.

but whatever the weapon (i dont know about sniper weapon, cant use them at all) it tooks about half-clip just to headshot people in BF3, it so weird. It was not like that in BFBC2.

Ok.

I started playing this game recently and I feel disappointed. I had so many expectation about this game which havent been met

I always play my games on Hard mode because thats where the game's mechanics and design are tested. Well....it is mediocre and in many areas broken.

First of all the AI is broken. They will rarely move locations to confuse you. They mostly take cover and shoot. Thats all they do most of the time. And they magically know where you are, even if you hide, and change location. They also have unbelievably accurate aim. They will be able to shoot right at you even when you are looking through an extremely narrow opening, where you can barely see and they are a mile away from you despite that they dont have a sniper rifle.

The bullets also appear to hit you even when you appear to be completely hidden. Its like the enemy bullets pass through obstacles. To the contrary your bullets sometimes dont hit the enemy because the collision detection box of some objects between you and the enemy stick out more than what is suggested visually. So you will actually see your bullets hit a tiny invisible wall instead!

Its stupid when your allies are simply crouching behind a cover with some of their parts sticking out while you are laying completely on the ground to be safer but you are the one who gets the bullets. Sometimes the allies are completely exposed and invincible. But dont you dare stick out a finger tip from behind the wall. The enemy will KILL you by severing it. It totally brakes the immersion

The allies dont appear to give a shit if you exist or not. I often took cover behind an obstacle but because the game was scripted so that an ally would take cover there, he would come push me away leaving me in the open to become a bullet sponge. Thanks asshole!!

It is also not as brilliant as I thought visually. In some areas it looks great in many areas its just ok. There are some blurry textures here and there too. And I am playing it on the PS3 which is supposed to be the slightly better version.

I am pretty sure this game runs at medium to low settings on consoles. Gameplay wise I dont understand whats so special about the co-op.
Same here. I tried, I certainly did, but Battlefield is simply not my kind of game.

I feel like having wasted many many hours of my life by playing it. Well, if you consider 27 hours of online gameplay as many.

It's not that the game itself is bad, it's an okay game -a well done game, albeit nothing to write home about-, but I don't like to unlock things that way, and the way the game forces you to play to get new perks, it's very artificial.

I have a friend who puts a LOT of hours into it, and I feel pity for him. I don't understand the fascination... and playing the same thing over and over again.

There are other games and interesting stories to discover. I will never play a BF game again, I think. I have bought 3 or 4 in the series, but it's not the kind of game I like --I prefer a rather simple and actually fun MP, like Call of Juarez's MP.

It is already bad enough that I had to install the HD textures pack and the patches are so big for a console.

I would sell or give away the game if I could, but it was a gift from the aforementioned friend who tried to get me into it, but I can't love it.

maybe try playing MP exclusively with air vehicles like the small helicopter, the big attack helicopter, the jets.

i played BF3 and i agree the SP is bad and the MP is annoying. But i like it when i fly :D
the default equipment already good if you fly and taking advantage of the terrain.

Wow ! What are u guys talking about ? For me its the best mp this whole gen !!!

I just played it again after about 2 months and was impressed again by how much fun it still is ! And how good it all looks with all the chipping walls and particles and the super stellar sound and HDR in MP !

Battlefield 4 is being touted as 'nothing short of astounding!' by EA and I can't wait for them to show it running on the ps4 . If they bring in more destruction like pillars that completely break down in firefights ,etc, and their already awesome visuals will make aure that BF4 is what makes people buy th enext gen console, instead of any other exclusive !!!

C'mon EA, show it off now :p !!!

BTW, when is End Game releasing on the ps3 premiuim?

Back