[Multiplat] Battlefield 3

I love BF3 but surgery took me away from playing games and it wasn't until recently that I could even handle Trials without vertigo/focus issues. That said my play time with BF3 had already dropped off some and it relates a lot to the design of the title.

I love the core of BF3--it is an amazing game--but every time I go to load it I pause and decide to do something else because of the above and other issues. The core is a fun, entertaining, visceral experience that IMO I don't think any console shooter matches. But the UI pretty much across the board and the game support structures and game play evolving concepts are some of the worst I have personally experienced. Which is sad because for me BF3 core game play is just amazing and what I always wanted out of a BF franchise.

Carefull with your criticism, B3D ranger will come at you with rolleyes!

Played some conquest, it feels good to be back in it on my ps3.

I am not trolling, just stating what I feel: I have been hooked to MW3 for the past 4 days, absolutely addicted to Kill confirmed anod Domination, but coming back to BF3, there's an inherent intensity ot eh gameplay that MW3 completely lacks. Yes, MW3 is fast, fun and addictive but the long mtches of BF3 have a pull that nothing can match for me. Since the last 3 days I was thiinking that my BF3 love affair is over now and its time to live in MW3 for the next 6 months, but a few matches in BF3 and I can't get myself to MW3 now.

I don't know how many of u got Premium, but guys guys guys : GUN MASTER mode simply ROCKS ! And these have to be some of the best looking maps ever. So many times I got killed cos I was gaping at the scenery :D ! Ziba Tower, Donya Fortress, Scrap Metal are super maps for Gun Master. Haven't tried the third one, I think. Conquest Domination plays great on Donya fortress, but not so sure about scrap metal. One of the maps felt too big for this new mode of play, dunno which one between Ziba and the " Operation###".I think th e conquest domination matches should last longer than what they are now, but that can come via tqeaking number of tickets, I guess.

As of now, I am addicted ! Oh , the crazy rage when you reach the last gun before anyone else in Gun Master but someone else gets the final knife kill :devilish: !!!!!!!! And u get to try out and practice all guns, including the ones you haven't unlocked yet or don't play with generally.

Loving it ! Go get it noww!!!!!! :p

Did they release new maps? When?

June 4th. But right now they are available only by getting bf3 premium.

Scrap metal reminds me a lot of KZ2 maps, i mean the look n feel are very similar, except for the aliasing which was almost non existent in KZ2. Reminds me of Blood Gratch actually. Loving it :) !

THe CQ maps are very well designed and have that KZ2 feel to them which I am absolutely loving :razz; ! Superb mulitple routes and and confusing alleyways littered with the most BEAUTIFUL LIGHTING EVER and damage scarred wals reminding you of every firefiught that has happened around a doorway or capture point. Absolutely rad ! My wife had to pull me away from my TV last night ! LOL :LOL:
This DLC is absolutely recommended ! Go Get it asap ! :cool:

and here is the first footage of Armoured Kill, th enext DLC coming for BF3:

Scrapmetal is one of the best MP maps ever ! Not joking. It might Just turn out to be the numero uno MP Map of any game ! Superbly designed multiple routes. If u know th emap well, and its a small one but seems large, you can flank the guy standing in front shooting at you. Its that well designed.
KILLZONE2 MP maps have met their match. In fact, Scrapmetal bests them all.

I've got the game (Xbox 360) thanks to my best friend. I am completely impressed with the technology of the game. It was one of those games I wanted to buy when it came out but I hadn't until now.... How much I wish I had purchased it before. I bought the Premium content because the game is really fun! I played the campaign a little and the mp too.

Hope you get hooked like me , I just cannot play any other game once I fire up my ps3 :p !

BTW GUYS, if u haven't checked out the latest Armoured Kill trailer, you are wimps and deserve to die :LOL: ! The new trailer is the shizzzzzzzz ! Did I mention it has a SNOW MAP !!!!!! :devilish:

Best game this gen !

Hope you get hooked like me , I just cannot play any other game once I fire up my ps3 :p !

BTW GUYS, if u haven't checked out the latest Armoured Kill trailer, you are wimps and deserve to die :LOL: ! The new trailer is the shizzzzzzzz ! Did I mention it has a SNOW MAP !!!!!! :devilish:

Best game this gen !

But I wonder how this will turn out on consoles? I play on PC, so I do not mind. But big maps need lots of processing power and memory, furthermore, big maps need 64 players imo...

Regarding the trailer: looks phantastic. Starting to get a little bit bored by CQC. But after CQ, I cannot go back to the old maps as well...so new maps, new twist of the game is highly appreciated. Chase on jeeps through the canyons looks like a action movie!!

The new BF3 premium video showing Armoured Kill maps is beyond freaking amazing :oops: !!!!!!!!
The Snow, Desert and the Farm land map are fracking delicious !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sept 4th can't come sooooooooner ! C'mon, Lord of Time n SPace, make it snappy !!!!!!

The new BF3 premium video showing Armoured Kill maps is beyond freaking amazing :oops: !!!!!!!!
The Snow, Desert and the Farm land map are fracking delicious !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sept 4th can't come sooooooooner ! C'mon, Lord of Time n SPace, make it snappy !!!!!!

Very good maps in general. I only missed snow vehicles in the mountain map, I would love to use one of those.

Level 10 in MP by now. I play it very slowly. It is an okay game, quite addicting, but it doesn't allow the players for much use of craftiness, except in a few cases -like when I lay C4s :smile: for them tanks-.

Still I have more fun with Call of Juarez and Red Dead Redemption multiplayer, where cunning is more involved and a gamer who isn't familiarized with first person games and so on, might have a chance because of that.

I know this first hand because a brother of mine enjoys to play those games with me sometimes.

Still a very fun game, with stunning moments and top class technology, that I love to play from time to time.

I have also had some hilarious exchanges of messages with experts while playing in my newbie days.

Level 10 in MP by now. I play it very slowly. It is an okay game, quite addicting, but it doesn't allow the players for much use of craftiness, except in a few cases -like when I lay C4s :smile: for them tanks-.

Oh ! Try the claymore at some places too.........and when in a firefight, try some good old knifing from the back when the enenmy expects you in the front ! :D There are ways and means to be crafty. Like a bunch of mines in a Close quarters infantry game , ready to be trigerred by a grenade ! The "WTF" from the enemy players is priceless :LOL: !

I have also had some hilarious exchanges of messages with experts while playing in my newbie days.

Like ? Some excerpts please :p !

1080p 60 fps launch trailer for Armored Kill: http://www.gamersyde.com/leech_28225_1_en.html

The way it is meant to be played ;)
Thanks for sharing, I am downloading it already, 8 minutes to go.

Unlike RenegadeRocks, I can't download it til the next week. I can't wait.

Oh ! Try the claymore at some places too.........and when in a firefight, try some good old knifing from the back when the enenmy expects you in the front ! :D There are ways and means to be crafty. Like a bunch of mines in a Close quarters infantry game , ready to be trigerred by a grenade ! The "WTF" from the enemy players is priceless :LOL: !

Like ? Some excerpts please :p !
I got the Claymore recently, I will try to see how it goes with them. I am not that bad with the C4 because I got used to it. I am level 14 as of now.

As for the messaging, hehe, okay, I extracted these messages from my own account. They aren't necessarily so hilarious, but it is fun when you first receive the messages from an expert when you are a newbie.

This happened in the map Noshar Canals, where we were trapped in our own base because they were killing everyone in our team when we were trying to get out of there. You know how it is there in the aircraft carrier side.

(level 100 expert guy sends me a message after killing me for the upteenth time)

sry mate :/

(can't recall my messages exactly, it was something like this)

X-D expect me, I may lay my vengeance upon thee. 

expert: I can only speak for myself, but trust me i don't mean to harm you : ) be tough ; )

me: thx, I see. Just helping me out...

(Then he writes)

expert: i can see you swimming ; )

(I was in the water trying to reach the land by swimming in the sea, thus I could avoid being killed once again --they always killed me whenever I got in a boat. I didn't know back then about the IR perk you can get for some vehicles, and I found his message funny)

me: sure? how is that possible? I will give you a clue; I am in the water, pretty well hidden. i am a Premium. Are you?

(after a few seconds a helicopter kills me, it wasn't this expert guy in particular who killed me, he was inside a tank, the guy sends me another message)

expert: i am 2. now you are pretty well hidden. ; )

(next time, same thing, but instead of an helicopter a tank kills me while I was in the water, so I replied to his message)

me: sigh, i thought the spot was good and felt like I was in a remote place of the sea, really out of the way.

expert guy: the spot was good, but unfourtenly the tankdriver is a mean son of a bitch :/

I loled then.

The conversation continued the next day because I wrote him another message, but I can't remember exactly.

These kind of things can lead to pretty funny conversations. Also when you are in the heat of the battle and trying to type as fast as possible -you know how clumsy it is on a console- it can also lead to very cheesy dialogue. :rolleyes:

p.s. I had to split the expert guy emoticons because they emoticon code created a pic and I couldn't publish this message with so many pics.

Thanks for sharing, I am downloading it already, 8 minutes to go.

Unlike RenegadeRocks, I can't download it til the next week. I can't wait.

I got the Claymore recently, I will try to see how it goes with them. I am not that bad with the C4 because I got used to it. I am level 14 as of now.

As for the messaging, hehe, okay, I extracted these messages from my own account. They aren't necessarily so hilarious, but it is fun when you first receive the messages from an expert when you are a newbie.

This happened in the map Noshar Canals, where we were trapped in our own base because they were killing everyone in our team when we were trying to get out of there. You know how it is there in the aircraft carrier side.

(level 100 expert guy sends me a message after killing me for the upteenth time)

sry mate :/

(can't recall my messages exactly, it was something like this)

X-D expect me, I may lay my vengeance upon thee. 

expert: I can only speak for myself, but trust me i don't mean to harm you : ) be tough ; )

me: thx, I see. Just helping me out...

(Then he writes)

expert: i can see you swimming ; )

(I was in the water trying to reach the land by swimming in the sea, thus I could avoid being killed once again --they always killed me whenever I got in a boat. I didn't know back then about the IR perk you can get for some vehicles, and I found his message funny)

me: sure? how is that possible? I will give you a clue; I am in the water, pretty well hidden. i am a Premium. Are you?

(after a few seconds a helicopter kills me, it wasn't this expert guy in particular who killed me, he was inside a tank, the guy sends me another message)

expert: i am 2. now you are pretty well hidden. ; )

(next time, same thing, but instead of an helicopter a tank kills me while I was in the water, so I replied to his message)

me: sigh, i thought the spot was good and felt like I was in a remote place of the sea, really out of the way.

expert guy: the spot was good, but unfourtenly the tankdriver is a mean son of a bitch :/

I loled then.

The conversation continued the next day because I wrote him another message, but I can't remember exactly.

These kind of things can lead to pretty funny conversations. Also when you are in the heat of the battle and trying to type as fast as possible -you know how clumsy it is on a console- it can also lead to very cheesy dialogue. :rolleyes:

p.s. I had to split the expert guy emoticons because they emoticon code created a pic and I couldn't publish this message with so many pics.

LOL ! :LOL: I never got into a fight with such a conversationalist myself ! Would be fun ! ;)

I other news, had grudge matches within a conquest match on Bandar Desert with a certain guy. Just like u je was killing me again and again and me returning the favour. First, he killed me while I was driving around spewing fire with my mobile artillery. He came straight to me in a quad bike, I saw him , jumped out and as luck would have me he ran over me :/ ! He got into my mobile artillary, luckily, I spawned nearbv, went straight to him, laid mines all around his truck, went to the front, jumped around in his view, as soon as he jumped out, I threw a grenade ! All mines go BOOOM :LOL: !

Then he caught up with me when I was running towards an objectives in a deserted area. He was on a quad bike, trying to run me over. For like a whole 2 mins he tried to run over me and I tried to shoot him with guns, rockets, but nothing happened ! THen I took out my ines and laid mines all around me, while he turned around gathered speed and revved his bike towards me. Lured him towards the mines and BOOOM :LOL: !

By the way, I like the idea that the gunship is not some Killstreak reward but u have capture a particular base to get the gunship. Fun ! But it gets blown out of the sky pretty soon. Ymy team has no good pilots :unsure: !

Oh, and Alborz Mountains has to be seen to be believed ! Fantastic !

Back