[Multiplat] Battlefield 3

As long as the dorito you created above their head exists and they get killed you get your 10 points.

Tap In said:
these new BF3 maps are frigging glorious... it's like the kept all of the best maps for this map pack... really cool

Cool? More like a Nice way to force u into spending some additional $$$ when the maps probably where ready by launch anyway

BTW, I sent friend invites to all those people on my PSN friend list who are on Orign too. My id: Renegade_EA.

The "RenegadeRocks" id is also with me but it doesn't let me link my PSN ID to it, maybe because its not a MAster EA account. ANyways, Accept the requests, so that something useful shows up in my BattleFeed. Right now it just shows my own accomplishments :rolleyes: ! Why can't they just show me my PSN friend's updates? Why does it show my Origin firend's updates? Why would I have an Origin account if I am playing BF3 on PSN :rolleyes: ?

What exactly can you do with the EOD bot? I unlocked it yesterday and drove it around doing nothing. Can I detonate it near an enemy?

EDIT: Found this:

Time to stop playing Conquest and play some RUSH rounds ;) !

Last edited by a moderator:
RenegadeRocks said:
What exactly can you do with the EOD bot? I unlocked it yesterday and drove it around doing nothing. Can I detonate it near an enemy?

EDIT: Found this:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fkl5i5r_FXo">YouTube Link</a>

Time to stop playing Conquest and play some RUSH rounds ;) !

Remote repair or Remote disarm - cannot remember

Wow, no posts since December, does anyone still play BF3 on consoles?

I think it's my favourite online multiplayer shooter this console generation, have clocked 110 hours so far and mostly play Recon and Engineer. Favourite gun is the SKS with 1100 kills

It really gets better when you put the time in to get to the higher ranks and unlock all the equipment, specs and guns like the AS VAL (which is simply without peer as a primary for the Engineer class), the M39 which is hands down better than the SVD, MK11 and QBU-88 and my favourite, the G18 suppressed which makes such a huge difference to me as an agressive Recon player as it lets you run and gun behind enemy lines and go head to head with the other classes in CQC, which is simply impossible with the other semi auto sidearms.

Also, if anyone does play BF3 on 360 - I strongly recommend getting the Razer Onza controller. Not only does the adjustable tension on the sticks help a lot with aiming (it lets you have your sensitivity set higher but still allows fine control when sniping) but the programmable buttons really give you an unfair advantage.

I have spot mapped to one of the right bumpers which makes it so much easier to spot enemies (you just scan your view while mashing the button) than using the back button (which requires you to lift a finger from the sticks.)

However I've just realised that the 1.04 patch is 1 GB in size and the game prompts me to download a 1 GB game update everytime I login. I didn't think the patch would be a 1GB! in size (it's almost as big as the Back to Karkand map pack!) so I didn't download it. But the strange thing is that i've been playing all this while, without the patch? If so, it certainly will be the first console title that i've come across that'll let you play online without having the latest update installed.

when playing game without update, usually xbox kick gamerprofile from xbox live.
so, while playing BF3 online without update, does the xbox live features like messaging still work?

Its my favourite mp this gen too. My ps3 had been dead for a few months so I had shifted to PC, but I got a new ps3 today so I will be back soon as 13gb download +B2K + gigs of patches is done. Will take almost a weeks time :( !

when playing game without update, usually xbox kick gamerprofile from xbox live.
so, while playing BF3 online without update, does the xbox live features like messaging still work?

Nope all the features work fine - I'm downloading the patch now.
Maybe the 1GB patch is for the rent a server feature and there's a separate smaller title update with the multiplayer changes? (I recall my 360 downloaded something like that back in May).

Is there any way of seeing what version your game is patched to?

I love BF3 but surgery took me away from playing games and it wasn't until recently that I could even handle Trials without vertigo/focus issues. That said my play time with BF3 had already dropped off some and it relates a lot to the design of the title.

Stupid Unlock Scheme. I know unlocks are all the rage but, for me, BF3 is just abusive. It takes quite a while to unlock guns and when you unlock one you still have to get a fair number of kills to unlock parts (scopes, barrels, etc). Unlike CoD where the unlocks/perks come fast and furious in BF3 is feels like grinding. Which isn't cool if you don't have a lot of time. Even LESS cool if some of the best unlocks which encourage team play take many, many hours to obtain. And I won't mention vehicle unlocks. IMO, and that of many of my friends, the unlocks come too slowly and they are not friendly to balance or team play.

Long load times. BF3 has some pretty long load times. Start the Xbox (waaaaait), start BF3 (waaaaait), select MP (waaaaait), go try to find a match (waaaait). When gaming time is limited spending 5 minutes before you get into a match is... annoying. Especially when you join a game toward the end on an unbalanced game on a poor team only for a new match to load ... and you cannot bail until the new round starts to go find a better map/balance. Or especially 'specially when...

Borked Squad / Join Server features. Yeah, that 5 minute load time? That often got a lot longer when trying to join with friends and get into a squad. Between the game physically not allowing you into a squad, chat being borked, people being dropped randomly, and people just not able to join you from the dash (?!) BF, the consummate team play franchise, is an episode in frustration.

Practice. You see posts like this all over the net: "How can I practice X, Y, Z vehicle?" Hint: You cannot. Unless of course you do it newb style, camp the vehicles, and spend valuable team play time practicing with a vehicle. I don't get what is so hard about allowing people to play on a relatively empty server, playing with the toys (planes, helos, tanks, etc), testing out their guns, exploring the maps and then resetting the server to "start" when 8 or more people get on. Instead BF3 either makes you choose between (a) forgoing the experience of toying with the toys or (b) being a selfish newbtard and ignore the game being played.

I love the core of BF3--it is an amazing game--but every time I go to load it I pause and decide to do something else because of the above and other issues. The core is a fun, entertaining, visceral experience that IMO I don't think any console shooter matches. But the UI pretty much across the board and the game support structures and game play evolving concepts are some of the worst I have personally experienced. Which is sad because for me BF3 core game play is just amazing and what I always wanted out of a BF franchise.

Yes, the levelling & unlock system is quite tedious. And I also hate the load times for the various menus before you even go into the server browser screen.

However I would say the online MP user experience is better than Halo Reach / Halo 3(which is the other shooter I've put a lot of time into) as that has long matchmaking times, and long waits in between games (the party up countdown etc.) as well as the regular problem of hosts dropping in game and waiting 30 secs for play to resume (and more often than not it'll usually stop again to select a new host).

None of my friends have BF3 for 360 so I can't comment on how well it works with squads/parties.

Also, having updated to the 1.04 patch I found it was terrible since all the official DICE/EA servers have been removed and all the remaining servers have terrible ping so after enduring a few terribly laggy games I decided to uninstall the patch and have gone back to playing on the regular DICE servers with excellent connection quality.

I think BF3 is the only 360 title that lets you play online without having all the title updates/patches installed.

Why are the official servers gone? And how can u play on the official servers without the patch ? i have never faced lag in any bf3 match previously and ur post makes me worry now. My downloads are still going on....
I don't understand. PS3 doesn't let you play without patching, afaik. You mean you play with other people who haven't patched yet? If patch brings changes to damage etc, how can pre patch and post patch people play together ?

Why are the official servers gone? And how can u play on the official servers without the patch ? i have never faced lag in any bf3 match previously and ur post makes me worry now. My downloads are still going on....
I don't understand. PS3 doesn't let you play without patching, afaik. You mean you play with other people who haven't patched yet? If patch brings changes to damage etc, how can pre patch and post patch people play together ?

I was similarily confused, it seems the patch (which is a 1GB download) is treated similar to DLC like Back to Karkand in that you can choose whether you want to download it or not.

If you do download it then you play with other players who also have the patch and apparently the official servers have not actually been removed but instead have been rented out to players
http://www.cinemablend.com/games/EA...eld-3-Servers-Place-Rented-Servers-42425.html

If you don't download the patch (or delete it, like I have) then you play with players who also haven't got the patch, without any of the fixes/changes and on the usual DICE servers.

Everything downloaded !
Played two rounds of TDM on Nasharh Canals as soon as I got up(had to hide to play it ) ! Oh boy, I love this game so much. Had been playing on the pc for the past 5 months, now that I have a new ps3, I am back. Will have to unlock a lot of stuff again though. But the exprerience of finding matches and playing is so much smoother on the ps3 than I don't mind.

Coming from playing MW3 for the past 3 days, this game looks absolutely fantastic for a console title !

Back