[Multiplat] Battlefield 3

EA Being Taken To Court Over Broken Battlefield Promise
http://www.kotaku.com.au/2011/11/ea-being-taken-to-court-over-broken-battlefield-promise/

EA promised PS3 owners a free copy of Battlefield 1943 when they picked up Battlefield 3. When they didn’t come through, they upset a lot of gamers, both for the bait-and-yank and for the shoddy manner with which it was announced.

And they might have got away with it, too, if it wasn’t for those darned lawyers.

The publisher is being taken to court by firm Edelson McGuire, who today filed a class action suit against EA on behalf of disgruntled PS3 owners.

At the heart of the case is not the fact EA reneged on its offer, but that it was announced so late (after people had already picked up the copy) and announced so poorly (it was only announced via Twitter, meaning many customers never saw the explanation). It also calls EA out on its shoddy “make up” deal, pointing out that offer had been made, and as such had nothing to do with compensation for the loss of Battlefield 1943.

The suit ultimately alleges that EA “misled and profited from thousands of their customers by making a promise that they could not, and never intended, to keep”.

Don't know what happened there. I didn't even know about the promise.

"Rock and a Hard Place" looks great and I am enjoying the ravine ambush followed by the massive open field skirmish. The mission before that looked good but I really, really dislike the extraction part where finding all the targets in the dark and knowing when to run/cover was a pain. The LONG load time sequence and backtrack made it irritating.

Vent Time: We all need to get together online more or I need to find a clan!!

I am sick of people not spotting. I don't care about mistakes or minor things (e.g. I don't really care if you set the flag as an objective) but the habitual non-spotting of enemy combatants is annoying in a TEAM game.

Maybe it is because I have always played BF games, but the point is really teamwork. It isn't that I care if someone is testing a new toy (online is the only way to do so) or trying something new, but I have gone entire games where I rarely see anyone spotted at all. It is shocking!

We were playing some Squad Rush (awesome game and modes!) and I had a guy barking at me to spot the flag. I was kind of busy trying to look for enemy combatants, but whatever. But rubbed me wrong is he was a Recon. On a CQC map. And he deployed no T-UGS, MAV, or Mobile Spawn Point. We had asked he go Assault so we had extra medics but he insisted, on Recon. And hence every assault to arm the MCOM was 4-on-3.

(I know I just squatted on someone's friend... flame me in PM... thanks!)

It isn't even that I am that good. It took me a while to get over a 1:1 KDR. And I rush in too much (I figure I can take out at least one guy and draw them out for the team) and do silly things (hey, my 'mate just died in the road, let me run into the open and revive him.... doh! There was a reason he died there... in the open... all alone...)

So I get not executing. Making a mistake. Sucking. I got all 3 of those down pat! I even a'ok, "Hey, I am gonna go play with this toy" But when you ask people, "Do you want to do some squad based team play?" And they say yes... and then go rambo rogue? Ugh!

So I either need to rope Scott and NRP into playing more often OR I need to learn to go completely lonewolf. Because playing with total pubbies is HORRIBLE.

Ps- Adults who chronically curse and throw out racial slurs are just idiots. Is it wrong when you start muting your own party members? Egads!

Yeah CQC maps are where you either work with your team or you suffer. I played conquest on Operation Metro and we were losing 140-200, then I guess because a few of us including me switched to Medic and ehad revive tag-teams going, but we ended up winning 120-0. I only had a 18-15 kill death ratio but I earned 5401 xp points so yeah, running around with defib paddles really gives your team momentum.

My strategy is basically to be awesome.

Squad rush is pretty fun. It has a different feel, and probably requires more teamwork than regular rush. Medics are key, because the tickets are low. That said, there is a bit of time to revive people, so you don't have to rush in to revive them right away. Most likely they'll get mowed down just as their revived, and you'll probably go with them. Engineer is probably the only kit that isn't that useful in squad rush, because there are no vehicles. 2 medics, 1 support, 1 recon is probably a good way to go. Successfully planting a spawn beacon and a TUGs would be a big help. I think the mobile spotter wouldn't be that good, because you'd be taking 1 person out of the fight. What you really need is to have 1 person in your squad stay in a safe location, so you can spawn on them near the objective. Getting squad wiped is pretty much an instant lose of the objective. Even the defenders start far away, and you would never get back in good time to defuse.

Squad Rush is a lot of fun. It really brings out what is best about Battlefield. A slightly larger squad size would have been nice, but meh, it works well as it is.

EA Being Taken To Court Over Broken Battlefield Promise
http://www.kotaku.com.au/2011/11/ea-being-taken-to-court-over-broken-battlefield-promise/

Don't know what happened there. I didn't even know about the promise.

http://1943redemption.battlefield.com/

Battlefield 1943 PlayStation®3 vouchers will be available here on the following dates:

November 26th, 2011
for Battlefield 3 players on PlayStation®Network Sony Europe

December 10th, 2011
for Battlefield 3 players on PlayStation®Network Sony America

December 17th, 2011
for Battlefield 3 players on PlayStation®Network Sony Asia and Sony Japan

I finally got around to playing the PC version on maxed settings and it looks really great but I'm impressed by how well the consoles can keep up on lighting and particles. This is one of the few times where a game was designed to make full use of PC hardware and the console versions still retain the main elements of the visuals.

Should be noted that you need to have an origin account tied to your PSN profile in order to get the free 1943 download.

In the game box, there's a code for unlocking the suppressed M1911 which I think required you to make an Origin account so most likely you already have one if you entered that code.

I finally got around to playing the PC version on maxed settings and it looks really great but I'm impressed by how well the consoles can keep up on lighting and particles. This is one of the few times where a game was designed to make full use of PC hardware and the console versions still retain the main elements of the visuals.

I agree wholeheartedly. While I've not played the console versions, low settings on PC are allegedly equivalent. I've played around with the settings quite a lot to see what changes. While high does look lovely, when you're into the game competitively you don't really notice the difference when playing on any settings. All the elements that need to be there are there - nothing stands out as missing or wonky. Smoke is full and effective, shadows are all there, nobody dissapears in the distance too soon. Superb job by the devs.

In the game box, there's a code for unlocking the suppressed M1911 which I think required you to make an Origin account so most likely you already have one if you entered that code.

It's similar to linking with Steam, NetFlix, Hulu Plus, Vudu, and many other accounts on PS3. So I think people are already familiar with the concept.

I didn't know there is a suppressed M1911 code. ^_^

is anyone else having trouble joining parties and coop games, i cant seem to get it to work, i got 2 friends at my house, we just got the game and so far we havent been able to into the same coop game at once, one person is always disconnected or unable to join the party.

its possibly the worst multiplayer server browser system since won net

Can someone help me link my PSN account to my EA account. There seems to be no way to add ur PSN persona to ur EA account. I was not bothering uptill now, but I want that BF1943 thingie.

You should be able to do so from inside BF3.

But you'll need to redeem your BF3 Online Pass first. Then the system will allow you to get BF1943 with the above URL.

Back