[Multiplat] Battlefield 3

I bought the D version as its cheaper than retail here. WIll take two days to download though. Anyways, I am not bothered, I have UC3 to enjoy :p !

DD version always seems more expensive but in this case I could live with the difference (about 5 euros) as, as mentioned, I can apparently play it on both my PS3s, and apparently even at the same time.

But at some point the prices will have to become more of a match, or DD will never take over.

5 dollar difference is ok for me. I thought it costs more than that. ^_^

Dunno What multiplayer issues i have been complaining about. I have had 2 sever crashes and experienced severe lag twice. Other that that I like the multiplayer alot. But cod is out on Monday and I guess I'm gonna go back to quickscoping !!!

Ghostz said:
I'm starting to realize these 'modern warfare' games are simply not my type of shooter. I simply don't feel the mechanics are conductive to good gameplay. There's really no skill to master in them but I guess that's the point. It's pretty much if I see you first you = dead. Of course this modern warfare shooter makes seeing people a bit harder so I guess there's a little bit more skill than the rest of them but damn I really liked that France level. I think I played it about 5 times already.

There is definitely skills to master in this and cod. Aiming skills. Otherwise my awesome mw2 120 win streak in FFA and kill ratio needs a new explanation ( and no, no team work involved here, neither spawn kills, just run and gun).

in mw2 I can usually carry my own team alone if i want to in, through camping enemy spawn. I dont do it cuz i can usually carry the team without (and its freaking boring) it as long as it doesn't involve both defense and offense. Haven't tried in bf, I only play rush, but I see that u can prolly do it easily enough with a medic friend.

I agree that alot of shooters today end up with people camping spawns (or camping stupid areas) which is why I usually try to play game modes where that is impossible.

Camping spawns is easy and the I see first I win rule usually applies. And will win the game. In normal battle it doesn't have to.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got chills when you take off from the carrier and your ally F-18 joins you just to your right and you just fly along feeling all awesome for a bit

Yeah. First time I can remember a game giving me real life goose-bumps was that very part. You forgot to mention the old BF theme kicking in too! :D

@ TapIn & Onkl: Thanks for the games last night! Scott had just headed out so it was nice to play with some other B3D players. Sorry, Onkl, for being too lazy to try to start another squad and sending XBL invites to you both to get us all in a squad.

I had a better night. Part of it is getting into the game, part of it just settling down. It was fun doing some "Infantry" maps, especially with how TapIn was playing: he is a very smart, conservative player and was allowing me to spawn no him and do my CoD thing :p I wasn't racking up major kills (was just above 1:1 in most games) but that was balanced out by the times the frequent respawning allowed me to push deeper and deeper toward MCOMS. I don't know how many charges I set/defused, but it was by the most I have ever done in a single session.

All because TapIn "gets is" -- let the crazy cannon fodder Ban Bot fly in like a raving banshee while providing cover fire :p It works as I think we won almost all our games. Thanks Tap In -- not only are you the hottest chick we game with, you are really good at these games!

@ TapIn & Onkl: Thanks for the games last night! Scott had just headed out so it was nice to play with some other B3D players. Sorry, Onkl, for being too lazy to try to start another squad and sending XBL invites to you both to get us all in a squad.

Yeah, thanks for the games :)
Too bad I got disconnected in out first game (when we were in the same squad)
No worrys about starting another squad, it was early morning here in Norway and I had just come back from a night out, so I was not at the top of my game ;-)

I'll have to get a friend request out to TapIn and Onkl, so we can try to get more B3D players in at the same time. Onkl is in my platoon and all.

I had a better night. Part of it is getting into the game, part of it just settling down. It was fun doing some "Infantry" maps, especially with how TapIn was playing: he is a very smart, conservative player and was allowing me to spawn no him and do my CoD thing :p I wasn't racking up major kills (was just above 1:1 in most games) but that was balanced out by the times the frequent respawning allowed me to push deeper and deeper toward MCOMS. I don't know how many charges I set/defused, but it was by the most I have ever done in a single session.

All because TapIn "gets is" -- let the crazy cannon fodder Ban Bot fly in like a raving banshee while providing cover fire :p It works as I think we won almost all our games. Thanks Tap In -- not only are you the hottest chick we game with, you are really good at these games!

Hey that was great fun! Was Onkl in there with us at all? If not what is his GT? I think you ended number one in that last game, great play there and always fun to win, was a blast coordinating with someone who I know. I like out maneuvering the other team more than out aiming them (as I'm an old gamer now :devilish:). I enjoyed the infranty only games as there were more people to deal with on the ground with weapons (duh ;)) and it allows more strategy yet a little harder to go unnoticed. I don't know if I'm "good player" but not bad most times. I usually play lone wolf so having some teammates in a squad that were smart enough to play tactically even without a mic to communicate it :oops: was brilliant. Staying alive for your squad in a forward position is a must in this game.

have to try it again some night. Scott I am on your friends list "klocker" I just usualy play alone because it's annoying to many when someone does not have mic. (I play with headphones on and TBH I play better with less chatter but i may try to figure this out as this game just begs for communication). :p

NRRRRRRRPPPP!!

So in the Back to Karkand dlc, does the enhanced destruction mean that the destruction is now more detailed? I don't get why/how they would do that.

Hey that was great fun! Was Onkl in there with us at all? If not what is his GT?

I was in a squad with Ban Bot for 10-15 minuts (then I got disconnected :(. This was on the Metro map I believe)

My GT is the same as my user name here (Onkl Bjorni) Anyone feel free to add me :)

Get Battlefield 3 server status updates
http://www.joystiq.com/2011/11/07/get-battlefield-3-server-status-updates/

EA has launched a "current server status" page for Battlefield 3, which should help alleviate the need to check the @Battlefield Twitter account every time the publisher's servers get temperamental.

If the server status says it's up and you're still having connection issues, then be sure to check those ports for optimal server connection.

Server status link:
http://www.ea.com/servers/battlefield3

I was in a squad with Ban Bot for 10-15 minuts (then I got disconnected :(. This was on the Metro map I believe)

My GT is the same as my user name here (Onkl Bjorni) Anyone feel free to add me :)

I'll add you...mine is Timberwolf25.
I won't have time to go on-line until after early December, but plan on picking UMVC3, Forza 4 and Batman AA. It's a small possibility I'll pick up BF3.

So in the Back to Karkand dlc, does the enhanced destruction mean that the destruction is now more detailed? I don't get why/how they would do that.

Popular theory suggests that the enchancements are in comparison to the BF2 versions of these maps.

People can say whatever they like about the 360 drawing FPS people, but this thread is proving them all true. :p

But should there be a few (4 in total is enough of course) PS3 players, then add me and invite me when you're going to play. Even if you're just one - I'm interested in playing the co-op stuff, apparently some of them, like the Chopper one, are so good they could carry a standalone game.

Make a B3D platoon for the PS3 and advertise it like a spambot when you post. Worked for us over in the PC thread.

The game hides lag VERY well. Now that my internet connection is working quite a bit better, I'm starting to get my scores back to where I was at in Bad Company 2, and the Vietnam add-on.

Back