[Multiplat] Battlefield 3

I have to mention how retarded the water looks and reacts in the beta, the interactivity is even worse than BFBC1 (which had shit water effects btw). No movements, no sprites....nothing at all. Also its strange than neither your character, nor the gun casts shadows...well a lot of games don't have either but here you can see your character's body parts so it stands out.

I had the same confusion in the early days, so I copied his name and pasted it into notepad with good old Courier. It's that sort of problem solving that gets you a Modship here. ;)

Oh. um. BF3. Yeah. Um...any good? :mrgreen:

There's an open beta going on mister big clever mod. We also have a platoon ready and waiting for more recruits.. ;)

Btw, keep telling your story 'bout copy & pasting to notepad. We know the real truth...

...you force your browser to render all pages in Comic Sans!

The Open Beta is a true Beta

Should have said that long ago. :devilish:

Not everyone experienced "real" betas like PS+ members do. Free and cheap games aside, we also get thrown into all sorts of crude betas every week or so. Crashes, floating car side mirror, freezes, lags, micro stutters, disconnects, falling through floors, getting out of map, horrible animation, ... we have seen it all.

Does your progress in the beta carry over into the final game? I would really hate to lose my Pp2000 with red dot/extended mag/laser sight.

I saw this on another forum and had to posted it:

La9YG.jpg

Oh, and Metro now has JETS!

I have to differ... I found the multiplayer beta a lot better than crysis 2 demo multiplayer... I'm not talking of performance (tearing, glitch etc etc) , but graphically what I have seen in BF3 seem notable more in area dimension, texture, interactivity & so on... I can't forget how much I was disgusting about crysis 2 demo at the time, definitely it's not what I feel in BF3...

It's way better than Crysis MP.And lets not forget, Crysis MP demo was so embarrassing bad receiving massive hate,that they took off the store in like less than a week:LOL:

After reaching level 32,I will be getting BF3 used.Just too many changes from BC2 that are worse,and things added that make it cheap.

What are those negative features/changes ? ^_^

The mobile spawn is stupid,it allows you to put a spawn location anywhere..like 5 feet from the MCOM leading to clusterF***!

And they took out MCOM destruction making it a camping fest.Put MCOM destruction back in and most campers go away because they have to do more defending instead of just staring at the MCOM waiting for someone to run up to it.

I beg for bush and MCOM destruction:cry:

BC2 doesn't have squad spawn ? How does it handle dying quickly and running back from spawn point repeatedly ?

KZ3 doesn't have squad spawn too. I think it's appropriate there because each soldier has tide turning super power. Squad spawning one or more super soldiers would throw things off severely. I had thought that it's not so bad to squad spawn a normal soldier in BF3. Apparently it could be a problem ? In KZ3, you spawn from the base or a tactical spawn point captured by your own team.

I think R3 spawns from a random teammate whereas KZ2 spawns off the squad leader.

The mobile spawn point is easy to destroy and you can hear it bleeping away so you know it's around.

The mobile spawn is stupid,it allows you to put a spawn location anywhere..like 5 feet from the MCOM leading to clusterF***!

And they took out MCOM destruction making it a camping fest.Put MCOM destruction back in and most campers go away because they have to do more defending instead of just staring at the MCOM waiting for someone to run up to it.

I beg for bush and MCOM destruction:cry:

What ? You can't destroy the MCOM in BF3 ? thats stupid, I used to fire my tank shells from miles away hoping to hit the mcoms in BC2 :D !

Should have said that long ago. :devilish:

Not everyone experienced "real" betas like PS+ members do. Free and cheap games aside, we also get thrown into all sorts of crude betas every week or so. Crashes, floating car side mirror, freezes, lags, micro stutters, disconnects, falling through floors, getting out of map, horrible animation, ... we have seen it all.

Really? What recent betas have they had other than KZ3, UC3, R3 and infamous 2 beta? Not really sure where these weekly betas are coming from, but I'm interested to know.

BC2 doesn't have squad spawn ? How does it handle dying quickly and running back from spawn point repeatedly ?

No, BC2 has squad spawns. Figured you'd realize that from the BC2 beta. :p

What ? You can't destroy the MCOM in BF3 ? thats stupid, I used to fire my tank shells from miles away hoping to hit the mcoms in BC2 :D !

This is the very reason why I'm happy they made changes to how you destroy the MCOM. While you're on the attacking team, it was nice to blow up the MCOM from a distance, but was quite frustrating at times on the defending team.

I like the change but since when is an objective considered a base? Is throwing grenades into the mcom also considered base rape?

Really? What recent betas have they had other than KZ3, UC3, R3 and infamous 2 beta? Not really sure where these weekly betas are coming from, but I'm interested to know.

BF3 is one of them ! I may miss out some but Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One, LittleBigPlanet Move pack, Playstation Home, and some third party games I forgot, all ran beta at some point recently. They may overlap too. Some of them have multiple stages, lasting for more than a month (from private, to close to open, and then one more extra early demo). ^_^

I didn't attend all but some clearly felt like QA work.

No, BC2 has squad spawns. Figured you'd realize that from the BC2 beta. :p

I wasn't in that one. ^_^ (Like I said, too many betas; I don't even remember if BC2 had a user beta).
I think I tried 1943 once but couldn't get into it.
BF3 is my first Battlefield game if I buy it.

This is the very reason why I'm happy they made changes to how you destroy the MCOM. While you're on the attacking team, it was nice to blow up the MCOM from a distance, but was quite frustrating at times on the defending team.

So MCOM is their mobile spawn point and it's indestructible now ? You can place a MCOM anywhere, or do you capture predefined ones ?

BF3 is one of them ! I may miss out some but Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One, LittleBigPlanet Move pack, Playstation Home, and some third party games I forgot, all ran beta at some point recently. They may overlap too. Some of them have multiple stages, lasting for more than a month (from private, to close to open, and then one more extra early demo). ^_^

I didn't attend all but some clearly felt like QA work.

So really it's no different than any other platforms with various betas? Ok.

So MCOM is their mobile spawn point and it's indestructible now ? You can place a MCOM anywhere, or do you capture predefined ones ?

No, the MCOM stations are the units that you are trying to destroy or defend depending on what side you fall on. Once you destroy both MCOM stations in a given area, the front line is moved deeper into the defending team's controlled area. The attacking team must try to destroy every MCOM station before they run out of lives/respawn tickets.

There is an item called a mobile spawn point that can be placed for squad mates to spawn. On top of that, you also have the option to spawn on any squad member that is still alive.

So really it's no different than any other platforms with various betas? Ok.

Huh ? Do other platforms involve their gamers in flakey betas and position it as a customer benefit (e.g., for PS+ members only/first) ?
I see a lot more betas, especially as a PS+ member. It is not necessarily a good thing. :devilish:

No, the MCOM stations are the units that you are trying to destroy or defend depending on what side you fall on. Once you destroy both MCOM stations in a given area, the front line is moved deeper into the defending team's controlled area. The attacking team must try to destroy every MCOM station before they run out of lives/respawn tickets.

Ok, they are like objective nodes.

There is an item called a mobile spawn point that can be placed for squad mates to spawn. On top of that, you also have the option to spawn on any squad member that is still alive.

Can an enemy or a friendly player destroy a mobile spawn point ?

No no, you can see it and hear it! It's destroyed with a few bullets. Simple as anything. It's not OP whatsoever.

Having people actually have to touch the MCOM has meant a much more balanced game. I've put in enough hours to see that already. :)

Back