[Multiplat] Battlefield 3

I heard alot of people saying BC2 looked better on consoles than BF3 does. Will have to play it and judge myself because it seems quite weird.

I heard alot of people saying BC2 looked better on consoles than BF3 does. Will have to play it and judge myself because it seems quite weird.

Don't gives so much credit to this bulls#t imho; I haven't the beta but judging the video, it's completely unfaith. Of course, BC 2 run better & it's more refined, but because it's the final code.

360 here. It is hard to judge by one map but the overall feel of the levels in BC2 and the skies and lighting backdrops and effects in general just looked more real to me. *NEED to see a vehicle level*

BF3 is lit more realistically (reminds me of Crysis 2) and the mechanics and animations are much better. But yea I can see from this one level, as a package, how BC2 could appear to be better. but technically it is not, obviously.

I wonder how recent the beta build is.

It'll be unfortunate if DICE receives backlash from the general public over the stability of this beta. I would imagine this close to launch people will assume the final game would perform similar to this demo.

Apparently there are a lot of screenshots out there with absymal capture quality that can make both versions look worse than they are. Although the ones I've seen had the X360 version looking noticeably worse then it actually is - but who'd ever suspect a website of trying to falsify material because of some PS3 related agenda, right?

The ride would be smoother if people are more patient and wait for more official information.

So far, all my PS3 beta tests have been rather rough. How bad is the BF3 beta ?

The ride would be smoother if people are more patient and wait for more official information.

So far, all my PS3 beta tests have been rather rough. How bad is the BF3 beta ?
I don't envy the "spoiled priviledged" people playing the beta right now. Please wait for the final game, which has one of the most advanced engines ever created in videogames. It's just a beta to give the game a quick test. Does a beta count as anything? I don't think so.

Apparently there are a lot of screenshots out there with absymal capture quality that can make both versions look worse than they are. Although the ones I've seen had the X360 version looking noticeably worse then it actually is - but who'd ever suspect a website of trying to falsify material because of some PS3 related agenda, right?
As I mentioned in the tech thread, we really need proper image descriptions for them to be reference material, as capture and compression etc. can have big impact on results. I dare say we should even make that an official B3D policy, that captures cannot be used for comparison without suitable information on the captures (though of course for just looking at a game unqualified screenies are fine).

Well I fully support that policy, B3D could use a bit of tightening.

Although it might make the entire "Image quality comparisions for unreleased games" thread kinda useless ;)

I'm going to save my final judgment until I see the final code. Though, it looks like I'll be buying this on the PC instead of the Ps3 or 360.

How big is the ps3 beta ? I am not worried about how it will look on the PC, so I will just download the ps3 beta to see how it compares to Crysis 2 ! The gameplay is already one of my favs in BFbC, so, GFX is what I need to chk out ! Lets see what the new lighting can do, though I think they should tweak the colours of this map to make it look better. The screens look so washed out :rolleyes: !

Back