[Multiplat] Battlefield 3

I think the developers mentioned they need more time to work on the 360 version. That's all.

That sounds like more developer costs on the 360 end of things. ;)

The game is looking like the most realistic graphics, so far this gen. DICE seem to have pushed these consoles more than any 3rd party developer has before. It should be a shining beacon for everyone else. We'll see in 5 months!

I just hope the lighting goes to the console versions mostly intact. A while ago they did a presentation comparing BF3's real-time lighting with Mirror's Edge precalculated lighting to show how well it works. I really hope that's true because other EA games can make use of the engine (just NFS: The Run so far).

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2011-electronic-arts/715358

actually in this interview at ~10:30 the president of EA hints that Mirror's Edge 2 may come out on Frostbite 2. That certainly shows a lot of faith.

im not interested in this game at all sure gfx looks nice for high end pc users but on consoles it will not look even half as good, with choppy 30 fps and popping all over the place .

That sounds like more developer costs on the 360 end of things. ;)

The game is looking like the most realistic graphics, so far this gen. DICE seem to have pushed these consoles more than any 3rd party developer has before. It should be a shining beacon for everyone else. We'll see in 5 months!

It may just be a schedule conflict where the same person worked on PS3 and then move on to help optimize 360 now.

im not interested in this game at all sure gfx looks nice for high end pc users but on consoles it will not look even half as good, with choppy 30 fps and popping all over the place .

hmmm....but Bad Company 2 looked great on my ps 3 ! Sure it looks beyond stellar on my PC, but it looks great on my ps3 too !

yea... I seriously doubt Dice will have any problems making 360 version as good as or better than any other console version as they and every other Dev always have.

You guys are funny. :D

yea... I seriously doubt Dice will have any problems making 360 version as good as or better than any other console version as they and every other Dev always have.

You guys are funny. :D

Already proven false. It's case by case, and let's just say sh*t happens.

Already proven false. It's case by case, and let's just say sh*t happens.

what, one time out of 100?

EDIT
BTW, was not referring to you. you are being reasonable. But I should just shut up and let you guys talk this game up since its the first 3rd party game I've ever seen the PS3 crowd embrace. :D

oh and no need for a point by point count about my comment... just pointing out the irony of the attitude toward the news that 360 is not on the floor.

:) Perhaps ! But developers are getting better. I applaud their quests to push the envelope. ;-)

BTW, was not referring to you. you are being reasonable. But I should just shut up and let you guys talk this game up since its the first 3rd party game I've ever seen the PS3 crowd embrace. :D

Don't think it's the first. LA Noire is pretty good too and it's out already. I'm sure you can find others if you think longer.

:) Perhaps ! But developers are getting better. I applaud their quests to push the envelope. ;-)

Don't think it's the first. LA Noire is pretty good too and it's out already. I'm sure you can find others if you think longer.

yea I may be exaggerating a bit to make my point. :p

just a little bit though.

Knee jerk reaction ! :devilish:

There is a silver lining. Your post reminded me my Portal 2 is still unopened on the shelf. Got to get to it soon.
(Gabe, thank God you came to your senses).

not sure of the source

Re: Battlefield 3
zhrooms Will there be any way to change day/night cycle in the server options?
DICE_zh1nt0 I haven't seen it myself when playing it. Although I'm not sure if it is in the scope of the game right now, we are going to see many different lighting effects from bright day to night maps.

Stadler_ Is there any confirmation about the Commarose in BF3? Can we expect to see that?
DICE_zh1nt0 So, people who ask for comma rose. Here is a question from me. Have you played BF2 and did you think the comma rose was the ultimate feature implemented?
DICE_zh1nt0 So what happened with BF2 was that while the comma rose did pull it's weight there was too much "noise" with the comma rose. Difficult to explain but imagine someone shouting the same orders to you in a spammy way. You're not going to be edgy and react to it as you do in combat
DICE_zh1nt0 "enemy spotted" for the 100th time.
DICE_zh1nt0 Comme Rose took away a little bit of the edge. Not saying it was a bad idea, just saying it could be implemented and be made more perfect.
DICE_zh1nt0 Now very political of me but I can't answer whether comma rose is going to make it in but bare in mind that we have a few months left to go
DICE_zh1nt0 I'm very confident that the feedback I've been taken into the Studio this last year is being considered. People can expect a good "community game"

Mytre Can players spawn at their base and on the squad leader only, or can you spawn on any squad mate?
@DICE_zh1nt0 People will be able to spawn on set places such as "base A" etc... just as in previous BF titles as well as spawn on the squad.

MadDog How will destruction on large scale work? Will we be able to fully destroy a building in rural and urban environments? Will it be scripted?
DICE_zh1nt0 Depends on what buildings we are talking about. The destruction in BF3 is more tactical and also more deadly this time. Blow a whole through a wall, chip away cover on buildings but also set it up as a trap . Destruction is going to be key for this game. It's a BF trademark these days.

zhrooms Will there be animations for entering/exiting vehicles?
DICE_zh1nt0 In SP yes.

Stadler_ What's the difference between quick knife and equip knife? Does 1 do less damage? Is there pro's and con's of each?
DICE_zh1nt0 Not really a major difference. Equippable knife let's you equip it but the quick knife is quicker. Pull it out as a panic button pretty much

zhrooms Will there be any way to turn off 3D Spotting?
DICE_zh1nt0 I'm leaving the 3D spotting question to Alan Kertz (demize99) since it's a controversial subject and that really is his area . More info on that to come. It's a hot topic in the community

Stadler_ So what is the role of the squad leader?
DICE_zh1nt0 Again, since the squad leader, comma rose and some other questions are a really hot topic, let me get into the office and see what we are actually trying to achieve with the squad based systems. Expect a reply from me after E3.

Stadler_ Can you confirm if we can jump over obstacles, like Mirrors Edge?
DICE_zh1nt0 Yes you can. It's a part of a more physical experience we're trying to achieve. Being under suppressive fire will also cause a blurry effect which means that you will feel the bullets go past you.

zhrooms How will flashlights work? Are they an option on Night maps or are they already equipped on every soldier in some way?
@DICE_zh1nt0 From what I've played you can choose whether to use a flashlight or not.

Stadler_ I know this is also a sticky question, but anything in regards to the ability to record games?
DICE_zh1nt0 Haha.. oh the good old Battle recorder. Can't comment on that at the moment but please also do bare in mind that while there are a few months left for the game to be released you do want to have some aces up your sleave for future announcements
DICE_zh1nt0 E-sports is important. At least for me. My personal goal was that E-sports should take a bigger place in BF when I started a year ago
DICE_zh1nt0 Let's just say I always make sure I achieve my goals

AdrIneX What can you tell us about those PCs in the BF3 booth?
DICE_zh1nt0 hm.. they have a hard drive.. a PSU.. graphics card..
DICE_zh1nt0 Haha system specs won't be released until we actually have stabilized our game

zhrooms Will there be any suprise for us in the vehicle section? Any new type of vehicle perhaps? Or like an Heavy Transport Plane for those huge desert maps?
DICE_zh1nt0 you can expect a rich vehicle experience for BF3. This game is going to be huge in every way. Regarding the transport plane, I'll find that out for you

MadDog What about sprinting? Is it unlimited?
DICE_zh1nt0 Yes. Sprinting in the build that we have shown at E3 is unlimited

Stadler_ Ghillie suits have been confirmed to not be on snipers in Operation Metro, can we expect to see them in more open/rural maps?
DICE_zh1nt0 Regarding the sniper stuff. No comment .

gerv Will attack helicopters regain the agility and control they had in BF2, as opposed to the flying whales of BC2?
DICE_zh1nt0 Oh plz. People complaining about choppers in BC2..
DICE_zh1nt0 BF2 didn't have the best setup when it comes to helicopters and jets. BF3 is going to emphasize on the fact that if you've trained to become good at flying you're gonna be good

Metallic Regarding grenade spam, do you know if there have been taken any preventions against it?
DICE_zh1nt0 what's wrong with a little bit of grenade spam?
DICE_zh1nt0 when the game releases and we have a launch event, I'm personally going to sit on a grenade box and spam everyone
DICE_zh1nt0 Grenades are made to explode right? Grenade spam has been taking into account. We don't want another hotel Karkand do we ;?

zhrooms Please tell us more about that launch event..
DICE_zh1nt0 I don't manage the launch events. At the moment I'm just the community manager, PR project manager as well as an HR person. I haven't leveled up to have 4 job titles at the same time yet
DICE_zh1nt0 there will be some awesome launch events coming up though. Don't worry

MBRicochet Will vehicle mounted or stationary heavy machine guns offer suppressionary effects like the support weapons?
DICE_zh1nt0 Vehicles adding suppressive effect has been discussed. Haven't seen it for myself at the moment but we'll definitely get more answers on that as soon as we start talking more about vehicles

J_Rod Is every building in the playable area enterable? Every floor of tha building?
DICE_zh1nt0 That's a sniper question isn't it?
DICE_zh1nt0 It's open for everyone else who plays the game. Adrinex has to run on the streets so he learns to play anything else than recon

zhrooms Are the big enterable buildings in the Metro map totaly destroyable or just the exterior walls?
DICE_zh1nt0 At the moment the whole fasade is destroyable
DICE_zh1nt0 REmember kids, it's an early build

Noodlesocks Can I attach a scope to my knife?
DICE_zh1nt0 unfortunately you can't noodlesocks

Jimopl If there are Night maps are Nightvision scopes In? Or Night vision in anyway?
DICE_zh1nt0 NV scopes are in

EDIT

Wait til they find out the 360 versions is superior...JUST KIDDING :p

oh and no need for a point by point count about my comment... just pointing out the irony of the attitude toward the news that 360 is not on the floor.

PS3 isn't either is it? I only wish any console version was...

I might hazard an early guess 360 version might run at 1152X720 or something but otherwise be OK. Deferred rendering and all.

I say this takes the graphics crown from Crysis 2, but again lets see those console versions before I hand out any console graphics crowns!

They did a Battlefield 3 live stream demo on the official PS3 blog an hour ago. Does anyone know where I can find a video ?

Back