[Multiplat] Battlefield 3

WOW... it is only April and they had a BF3 commercial already on Prime Time TV tonight USA...was snippets of the trailer and look oh so damned amazing on my TV...wow...

wow, that it looked like high fructose corn syrup poured all over my eyes and wow that they have a commercial 6mos prior to release....

scripted can bring good moments like
cod4 in sniper mission (the one with leftenant cost)
cod1 in pegasus bridge

there also portal :D

btw if you really dislike the scripted of SP, you dont forget BF series is known good in MP. so maybe you just jump in to the MP BF3 and enjoy the big battle on battle field?

Too much dumbing down for the NOOBS....

"What am I supposed to do? Where am I supposed to go? Oh I know just push UP on the controller and just sit back and let the FUNNEL effect take over!":LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Yes because Half-Life (the original) really sucked. :p And it was one of the most heavily scripted and least on rails feeling game at the time. Both the heavy scripting and ground breaking AI make the game a masterpiece. Take one or the other out and it's just another FPS.

And yes, System Shock 2 also sucked and just funneled you through the game. Wait what? It was heavily scripted AND one of the most open games ever made. Having a tense atmosphere, tight storyline, and freedom to explore virtually everything you'd uncovered up to whatever point in the game you were and approach encounters in a myriad of ways. You could arguably throw the first Deus Ex in here also.

It appears you have no clue what heavy scripting actually means. Yes it can certainly result in spoon feeding and tunnel vision but doesn't have to be the case. Even something as extremely linear and heavily scripted as Metro 2033 feature multiple ways of approaching every given scenario. And come out as a far more enjoyable experience compared to something unfocused and loose as FO3 (/yawn) or GTA series (again /yawn), IMO.

From what I've seen Uncharted 2 was also quite heavily scripted. I suppose that game also sucked?

Regards,
SB

Can't we just leave the SP discussion?

I dont give a rats ass about if you guys like or dont like scripting in singleplayer, subjective opinions and whatnot. Furthermore the battlefield games are all about multiplayer. We all know the singleplayer - scripted or non-scripted, is most likely going to suck, as the only reason it is there is so that BF3 doesn't get notched down from reviews! It is not where most of the budget is allocated , the focus has and allways will be the multiplayer.

Lets talk about the multiplayer instead. Has there been any "leaks" regarding new features etc?

I want the following:
-1 gamemode where vechicles do not exist (my favorite maps in BF:BC2 are the ones where there are no tanks and choppers- just man vs man).
-Fix the helicopter full of engineers exploit (maybe this has been fixed? - annoying when there is a good pilot and you got engineers fully repairing the heli in mid-air)
-Less lag please
- Less lag please
- More players & bigger maps
- Create a training session that people must pass in order to use the chopper - it is silly when noobs take it and end up crashing it in 10 seconds. It can cost you an entire game if things are even up to this point.

I hate scripting in my fps campaigns if i wanted that i would play Rpg or something.
Hell hated it in uncharted 2 the constant cutscenes and scripted events. Drake has way to much luck for one person.:LOL:
Rather have story telling ingame maybe with clamped camera movement feels less forced and then see people complain not getting the story because of no cutscenes.

And hope to see some awesome console footage of the multiplayer at E3 knowing Ea it will be at the sony presser or their own.

I dont give a rats ass about if you guys like or dont like scripting in singleplayer, subjective opinions and whatnot. Furthermore the battlefield games are all about multiplayer. We all know the singleplayer - scripted or non-scripted, is most likely going to suck, as the only reason it is there is so that BF3 doesn't get notched down from reviews! It is not where most of the budget is allocated , the focus has and allways will be the multiplayer.

Lets talk about the multiplayer instead. Has there been any "leaks" regarding new features etc?

I want the following:
-1 gamemode where vechicles do not exist (my favorite maps in BF:BC2 are the ones where there are no tanks and choppers- just man vs man).
-Fix the helicopter full of engineers exploit (maybe this has been fixed? - annoying when there is a good pilot and you got engineers fully repairing the heli in mid-air)
-Less lag please
- Less lag please
- More players & bigger maps
- Create a training session that people must pass in order to use the chopper - it is silly when noobs take it and end up crashing it in 10 seconds. It can cost you an entire game if things are even up to this point.

I agree with the issues listed. I really wish there was an "infantry only" options similar to BF2 on the PC. Truth is, I won't have to worry about any of these issues playing BF3 on the PC. I might get a 360 copy to play with current friends who play BC2 a lot thought so I'd certainly like the see this stuff addressed.

I really like how the chopper is handled in Vietnam expansion. Every gun can damage it thus it can't dominate a game but a great pilot can still contribute. That's a much better balance than the regular multiplayer of "lol you gonna get circle strafed until the end of time"

if you met someone like that there are 3 options
1. snipe the pilot
2. use AT4 equipped with explosion perk. Hit at the sides it will instant-kill the engineer and most of the time blow the heli.
3. use minimum 3 MG (or tank MG) shooting at heli (or just use VADS if available).

btw my concern about BF3 MP hoping all "Guided" weapons are client sided or maybe less lag affected. So the weapon still useful even in lag.
- Uav Missile
- Light Tank TOW Missile
- AT 4 rocket.

those weapon become 100% useless when in lag because the aim rectangle to "Guide" the projectile is very late and slow to move in lag connection.

Except we're in the console game discussion area, not the Multi-player console game discussion area. :p

And single player is very important to some of us. It was, after all, the ONLY reason I purchased BF: BC2. So to me, the single player for BF3 is very relevant to any discussion of the game.

I'm expecting a more realistic portrayal of squad combat compared to the sometimes out in the leftfield portrayal of military actions as was evident in BF: BC2. But I'm expecting at the very least the same level of scripting and at best an expansion of some of that scripting with regards to furthering whatever story they are trying to tell. Really looking forward to it.

The SP campaign once again is why I'll be buying the game with a small chance I might actually use the MP side this time around.

And note, just because I could care less about the MP side of the game, I'm not telling other people to stop with the MP talk. :p

Regads,
SB

Except we're in the console game discussion area, not the Multi-player console game discussion area. :p

And note, just because I could care less about the MP side of the game, I'm not telling other people to stop with the MP talk. :p

Regads,
SB

Let me clearify, i didn't mean that you could not discuss the SP at all, of course you can!

The reason i wanted you to stop the SP talk, was because the discussion was utterly stupid. Me and most others could not care less about whether you and the other participants like or dislike scripted games. That is just personal opinions.

Atleast keep the discussion about the singleplayer, not if your personal opinion is pro-scripted games or not. If the SP is being very scripted and linear or open world, feel free to discuss pro's and cons of that and if you like it or not, and whatever.

Discussions regarding completely subjective tastes are IMO a waste of time for everybody. Aspecially when the discussion comes down to "i dont like scripted games, they suck", and you listing some games that where heavy scripted that you liked, the discussion is a complete and utter waste of time.

I wonder if they will show any console version at E3.

It comes out very soon in November after all.

Im pretty sure they will they press is already 95% console focussed.
Hope they have multiplayer stand up for everyone so we can get some off screen footage.

I wonder if they will show any console version at E3.

It comes out very soon in November after all.
Well,at least we know PS3 version uses MLAA(according to Christina Coffin).She seems pretty excited by that.I'm wondering if they will use it on 360 also.

Back