A week before GDC microsoft will have a press conference

Well is this the Kinect Gears rail shooter conference??

Wonder if they have anything beyond that.

Would it even be possible for them to announce anything at this point and have it release in the first half of the year (besides Kinect Gears rail shooter which I fully expect is spring)?

It's the first half of the year thats the problem, between Forza 4, Gears 3, and rumor of Halo remake, the 2nd half is about normal.

Last edited by a moderator:
At least hope for some may titles or something for in the summer.
Holds breath for shadow complex 2 reveal and other awesome summer of arcade titles.

And hope to get some ingame footage of Forza 4 and Project:kingdom.

Well is this the Kinect Gears rail shooter conference??

Wonder if they have anything beyond that.

Would it even be possible for them to announce anything at this point and have it release in the first half of the year (besides Kinect Gears rail shooter which I fully expect is spring)?

It's the first half of the year thats the problem, between Forza 4, Gears 3, and rumor of Halo remake, the 2nd half is about normal.

Of course , it doesn't matter when the announcment is it matters when it was in development. MS may be sitting on finished titles for all we really know .

I wonder if they are using e3 for their handheld

Yeah, i'm not expecting very much. Maybe Rare has some stuff next to Kinect Sports and avatar clothes ready.

MS has Win Phone 7, this is their handheld.
well If theyve listened to me, they will of paid nokia to have WP7 on some/all of their phones
They have to, Ive just read today smartphones have outsold/shipped more than PCs for the first quarter ever!!!!!
major tech news story
http://www.stuff.co.nz/technology/digital-living/4643307/Smartphones-outsell-PCs-for-the-first-time

, i.e. the tide has turned, PCs running windows aint the dominant force they once were, MS must kep abreast or else the run the danger of becoming just another player like myspace etal

well If theyve listened to me, they will of paid nokia to have WP7 on some/all of their phones
They have to, Ive just read today smartphones have outsold/shipped more than PCs for the first quarter ever!!!!!
major tech news story
http://www.stuff.co.nz/technology/digital-living/4643307/Smartphones-outsell-PCs-for-the-first-time

, i.e. the tide has turned, PCs running windows aint the dominant force they once were, MS must kep abreast or else the run the danger of becoming just another player like myspace etal

Smartphones are basically tiny micro-computers and they are getting more powerful each year. I expect the first company to offer a smartphone docking station complete with HDMI out to an external LCD + Bluetooth keyboard/mouse will have a nice advantage. I hope the people at MS or Apple are listening...

Smartphones are basically tiny micro-computers and they are getting more powerful each year. I expect the first company to offer a smartphone docking station complete with HDMI out to an external LCD + Bluetooth keyboard/mouse will have a nice advantage. I hope the people at MS or Apple are listening...
yes well Im on record to saying similar lines years ago (OK u can store info on the net but some ppl, like me prefer having the device in their hands be it pc/phone whatever) take your info with you plug it in at some console, use their screen/keyboard (+ cpu) todays phones are > than yesterdays PCs from 10+years ago

btw Ive just cursory read that MS may be teaming up with nokia (so theyve made the smartplay (well done to MS theyve heeded my advice, of course theyre not listening to me, hell if they were Balmer would of been dumped ages ago :devilish: ), we'll find out later what for partnership it is)
I can only say now, this is the most important thing for MS from the last 10+ years

Every year for the past 10+ years was the year the PC was going to die... I'm sure every year for the next 10 years is going to be the year the PC will finally die. Or maybe every year for the next 10 years after that. :p

Regards,
SB

well you can do that, no one has it all in one package or anything because they still need to shaft you for the accessories.

Blackberry's playbook could fill the bill in a very expensive way.

Every year for the past 10+ years was the year the PC was going to die... I'm sure every year for the next 10 years is going to be the year the PC will finally die. Or maybe every year for the next 10 years after that. :p

Regards,
SB

PC's will never die. A larger enclosure will allow you to push higher thermal levels and provide more performance and you will allways need more performance for certian things

I never said theyre gonna die, theyre just gonna become less and less important, hell its happening already

http://marketshare.hitslink.com/report.aspx?qprid=61
>2% loss in less than a year must be worrying for PC manufactures

I never said theyre gonna die, theyre just gonna become less and less important, hell its happening already

http://marketshare.hitslink.com/report.aspx?qprid=61
>2% loss in less than a year must be worrying for PC manufactures

With Googles Cr-48/Chrome Notebook, it's pretty clear to me that PC's will become more like mobile phones. The Cr-48 includes a mobile wireless (3G) chip, along with Wifi, and is designed for cloud storage/apps.

In fact, I can even use my Cr48 much like my phone when using it with Google Chat/Voice.

Like this?

The Atrix 4G thing is really dumb, and there's already lots of backlash on Atrix forums about it.

Basically the "laptop enclosure" itself costs $300, more than most full netbooks cost in the first place. And a "real" netbook will blow away that Atrix in capabilities, and come with a "real" OS instead of some halfassed thing. And you dont save any portability, since the enclosure and a real netbook are the same size...it makes no sense at all.

So did overall PC sales decrease? Is that what you're saying? The market saturation for PC's has been there for a while now, and now it is all about replacing old ones with newer ones. We are at a point where we have plenty of power for the most mundane tasks and enough for more complicated tasks.

But if PC sales haven't decreased, or if they are still growing then that means they are still extremely important. How much does a copy of Windows Mobile cost compared to Windows 7 for a PC? Does MS end up raping people in the smart phone market too?

Show Sony how to integrate all the media services coherently please !
Should be seamlessly integrated into Avatar and XBL into a "new" platform similar to iOS and PS Suite but in their own way. ^_^

... and 3D announcements, may be update Zune portable, and of course all sorts of Kinect demoes polished from the net.

...and games.

Back