NVIDIA Maxwell Speculation Thread

500mm^2 is only 14% more than the 290x so I wouldn't expect miracles. Even 550mm^2 would only be 25% more. If that equated directly to a 25% performance increase then it would be the fastest GPU out there but not by a huge margin.

For what it's worth I've seen rumors saying it's 600mm². Plus, perf/mm² improvements are always possible, just ask Maxwell; or RV770. :p

I'm not saying I expect this but it could happen.

Shield Tablet 8 launching on Tuesday July 22nd

https://twitter.com/NVIDIA_UK/status/489783801972023296

Maybe 800 series news sooner than expected. I'm not sure what else Nvidia could announce in that timeframe.

I'm not sure what the 27 day wait is for but this news has been just released:

UPDATE: The 27 day reference is when the Shield Tablet will be available in the UK

Shield Tablet 8 launching on Tuesday July 22nd

http://www.fudzilla.com/home/item/35277-shield-tablet-8-launching-on-tuesday-july-22nd

Nvidia Announcing New Product Next Tuesday, And You Can Play A Twitter Text Adventure To Win It

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jasonev...er-text-adventure-to-win-it/?partner=yahootix

Last edited by a moderator:
Clearly just a wild rumor and highly likely VideoCardz is being scammed.

Also for them to include the "Nvidia UK T-27 Days Facebook" post as proof shows how incompetent VideoCardz is. That T-27 Days teaser is for the UK release of the Shield Tablet.

Wrong, as the picture clearly shows "The GPU of choice for PC gamers" and the T-27 days tweet below indicating a GTX announcement.

Why making a huge buzz about the Shield Tablet when it's already been announced?

Wrong, as the picture clearly shows "The GPU of choice for PC gamers" and the T-27 days tweet below indicating a GTX announcement.

Why making a huge buzz about the Shield Tablet when it's already been announced?

Considering...
- the date matching UK launch of Shield
- Facebook poster being NV UK
- Shield being marketed as "ULTIMATE" by NV
- Every single rumor, leak, even AIBs unofficial statements point to "in time for holiday season"

I just don't see any new GPUs being announced at Gamescon

No that is wrong. It is not a discrete GPU.

The picture shown was never linked to the text tweet.

Link is here: https://twitter.com/NVIDIA_UK

The UK T-27 days started on July 17th and 27 days from then is August 13th. On the 14th the Shield Tablet is available for purchase in the UK.

Leaks somewhat spoiled the surprise (Shield Tablet) but on the 17th it was still a mystery.

All of this "countdown " etc have been launched way before, and the first one was the announcement of the Shield tablet, the second is the countdown for the availability /launch in UK ...

Maybe we will see something at Gamescon about future product of Nvidia, but i really doubt they will launch the GTX8xx series ( maybe.. Nvidia can sometimes suprise us ( this will not be the first time )..

As for the 3Dmark bench. the score look where it should be, but by experience i tend to be a bit cautionous about this type of "leak".. Im not even sure that the sysinfo of 3Dmark can recognize the card and name it as it is. ( we have see so many fake, just change the name of the gpu in the bios )

I have see many scores of 780TI overclocked in Firestrike Extreme largely over the 7000... 6000 points will result on really low score under air for a 780TI on 3Dmark FS extreme overclocked offcourse and with Nvpanel settings at minimum )

Again, this doesn't explain "The GPU of choice for PC gamers" promo shown on their FB site:
https://www.facebook.com/nvidiaunitedkingdom

Shield and Tablets are of no interest to PC gamers whatsovever.

Because it is the slogan of Nvidia marketing for the Gamescon ( and was allready on other gaming convention ..) .... This promo is for the presence of Nvidia on the Gamescon ( they can speak for consoles as they dont provide anyhardware for the PS4 and Xbox1, this make some presentation that they use this slogan.. )..

VideoCardz have mix different marketing slide, dont do the same lol. The shield promo is one thing, the Nvidia promo for their show on the Gamescon is another one.

This said, maybe we will get an annuncement, who know....

Videocardz (God, I really hate it when words are pluralized with "z"), mentioned that they have more info coming this week on the 880. From the above linked article:

We actually have much more information about the GTX 880, but we are not going to mix rumors with facts, and this post clearly is a rumor. Stay tunned!

Funny comment to make as there are published comments from PC gamers who have and use the Shield Portable along with other PC gamers who are looking to purchase the Shield Tablet.

There are published comments from all kinds of people doing and saying all kinds of things. Broadly speaking, however, interest in Shield-specific features seems low.

Once again: has Nvidia ever released a big new GPU at a conference or show that isn't their own?

I don't think I'm the only one who has never heard about Gamescon before. Why would Nvidia use a little known show to launch a highly anticipated product?

There are published comments from all kinds of people doing and saying all kinds of things. Broadly speaking, however, interest in Shield-specific features seems low.

The people who buy Shield tablet will buy it because it is a best-of-breed Android tablet, not because of Shield-specific features.

There is a poll at Android police asking if people will buy the Shield tablet. Out of nearly 3700 voters, more than 50% are considering buying it (with about 1400 of those people strongly considering it). The reality is that, for the North American market, there is nothing else really like it right now (the TK1-powered Mi Pad is not aimed at the North American market this year, and the rumored TK1-powered 64-bit next gen Nexus tablet is not ready yet).

Once again: has Nvidia ever released a big new GPU at a conference or show that isn't their own?

I don't think I'm the only one who has never heard about Gamescon before. Why would Nvidia use a little known show to launch a highly anticipated product?

I don't know about the first part, but are you serious about the second question? I believe last year Nvidia had a pretty big presence there.

From wikipedia:

Gamescom is Europe's largest gaming event, (measured by exhibition space and number of visitors) with 340,000 visitors, more than 6,000 journalists and 635 exhibitors from 88 countries attending the show in its fifth year. Gamescom is the second largest gaming convention in the world after Asia Game Show in terms of total attendance.

The people who buy Shield tablet will buy it because it is a best-of-breed Android tablet, not because of Shield-specific features.

There is a poll at Android police asking if people will buy the Shield tablet. Out of nearly 3700 voters, more than 50% are considering buying it (with about 1400 of those people strongly considering it). The reality is that, for the North American market, there is nothing else really like it right now (the TK1-powered Mi Pad is not aimed at the North American market this year, and the rumored TK1-powered 64-bit next gen Nexus tablet is not ready yet).

The problem i see right now with this, is outside the shield features..
We will need test... Im sure the K1 will be extremely powerfull as gpu, but there's other thing for a tablet that i want to see about it, because i dont buy a tablet for games.

- Performance of the CPU outside the K1
- Global performance of the system ( Storage, ram, cpu etc )
- Quality of the screen.
- Battery life
- Connectivity, features. etc etc .
- How Nvidia handle their UI....

before saying this tablet is the "best of breed" of Android tablet, i want to see test first..

Anyway, i hope they will sell well, because, for me, the first one should have been made this way.. i dont know why for the first one they wanted use a "gamepad + screen" all-in-one orientation.

Well, the CPU perf. is 2x better than Nexus 7 2013, the GPU perf. is 3x better than Nexus 7 2013, and NVIDIA has already confirmed that Shield tablet will received Android "L" OS when available, so that is a good start :) Anyway, this is getting pretty far off-topic, so I'll stop here.

Back