NVIDIA Maxwell Speculation Thread

Arun, when do you think they will hit 20% revenue from 20nm? The article I linked to upthread mentions 60,000 WPM by Q4.

The article I saw from the last week or so stated that TSMC was anticipated ~20% of their wafer revenue from 20nm in Q4 2014.
That is in-line with how 28nm ended up in Q4 2012, 22% of their wafer revenue.

Edit- Found the article.

Article from 2013 with quarterly wafer revenue broken down by node.

Last edited by a moderator:
AFAIK there has never been a major GPU announcement from AMD or Nvidia at Computex/CES/Cebit/E3/...
This year's CES had NVidia's launch of the K1. That wasn't previously a secret, but the big surprise was Jen-hsun even showed off the first Project Denver version, appearing over a year earlier than the roadmap had indicated.

This year's CES had NVidia's launch of the K1. That wasn't previously a secret, but the big surprise was Jen-hsun even showed off the first Project Denver version, appearing over a year earlier than the roadmap had indicated.
NVIDIA's big shows are CES (Tegra), their own GTC event (pro GPUs), any "out of band" events (consumer GPUs), and then possibly NAB and SIGGRAPH depending on what it is you're looking for.

I meant 'big GPU' announcement, not big 'GPU announcement'. ;)

It's pretty much pointless to debate an article behind a paywall.
Either we can't see it and are making stuff up, or people have read it and are violating subscriber agreements to discuss it openly.

Whether the lack of a big GPU announcement at an event that doesn't always have them is the justification for the claim, or running into insiders at an event full of insiders provided opportunity for leaks is unknowable from the teaser text provided.

You heard the details from me first: gm100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, and 106 were on the roadmap and had working silicon but they were all canceled because... wait for it... bad yields! :LOL:

You heard the details from me first: gm100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, and 106 were on the roadmap and had working silicon but they were all canceled because... wait for it... bad yields! :LOL:

lol i will not comment it .. but bad yiels on 28nm or 20nm ?

( i tend to think that with Semiaccurate, there's allways bad yields somewhere, even when Jen hsun goes on toilet, semi accurate see bad yields there. ).

Many rumors are running around.. Sweclockers ( who can be trusty i can think, because they never really goes far on speculations ) say Q4 ..

But i read a lot of rumors thoses days, including a studio demo ( Epic ? ) on an Maxwell gpu (( not the 750 ), and report from here and there with 256 or 512bit or .. well impossible to know the true or the fake so i give up before we get real info . Because nearly the 100% is made by guys on forum (( expreview, xtremesystems etc ), and reported then . Its too much viral for me for believe then anything without real source and information . ( I dont say what they say is wrong, but without sources, just compilation of phrase from here and there, impossible to know ) ..

This said Q4 seems a plausible date.. but well it was allready plausible 6 months ago, and even 1 year ago .

https://translate.google.com/transl...0-med-maxwell-anlander-till-hosten&edit-text=

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not different from 1st Gen ;)
Disclaimer: I've only read the patent titles and not the actual patents for obvious reasons.

nvidia commonizes structure of mobile and desktop gpu.
The solution to the problem of the memory bandwidth.
In addition, it is solved the issue of electricity efficiency.

Back