Dark Souls

If you completed
Bed of Chaos
, the other bosses should be easier. All my friends cursed at that boss.

I was trying to hit the Crystal Lizard behind
Solaire
last night. Can't believe I let it slip past me twice already. >_<

If I nailed
Chaos
tonight, I will give the final boss a kick to see how tough he is.

Also, did you kill
Darkmoon Gwendolyn
? I forgot about him until someone reminded me yesterday. If you kill him, you'd be cursed eternally though.

If you completed
Bed of Chaos
, the other bosses should be easier. All my friends cursed at that boss.

I am trying to hit the Crystal Lizard behind
Solaire
last night. Can't believe I let it slip past me twice already. >_<

If I nailed
Chaos
tonight, I will give the final boss a kick to see how tough he is.

Also, did you kill
Darkmoon Gwendolyn
? I forgot about him until someone reminded me yesterday. If you kill him, you'd be cursed eternally though.

Basically zig zagged my way to him. Used the pillars to block the homing arrows then rolled out the way for the huge blast, for the normal arrow I just zig zagged, you got to get the timing right. For the Bed of Choas I cheated had two people help, one on the left and right and I took the middle.

"Tears"

"Imminent Victory"

"I did it !"

"Praise the Sun"

[So long] "Amazing Chest"

Took the Dark Lord ending. Freaking guide wasted my time...
It's easier to defeat Gwyn with spells

EDIT:
Larry Ellison
SL 111 Pyro-Wanderer
About 121 Hours

I am bad with counters.

With pyro/spells, you run around the
stalagmite to the left of the entrance. He will sometimes get stuck there, or at least slow down. There are ample opportunities to throw anything at him. The Chaos spells will hit the stalagmites, causing lava to flood the area for extra damage. He seems to be vulnerable to fire, more so than lightning.

Anyway, I restarted a new game immediately. Second time is brisk. Joined Alvina and made it all the way to Blighttown swamp in one sitting. I finally got my shiny Washing Pole. Also dealt with an invader for the first time in Dark Souls (Hid and pushed him down a ladder in Blighttown, muahahaha !).

I have just acquired the lordvessel and placed it in the altar. Now I am a bit lost, I think I saw one of those yellow doors earlier when I went all the way down to the hell or whatever from Blighttown... Also I have a fully upgraded black knight sword and somewhat upgraded elite armor set but I have hard time finding titanite chunks to further upgrade my armor and I´m wondering if I should choose some other weapon but most of the better swords seem to demand insane amounts of strenght (I have only 20 with my level 61 pyromancer).

Also I have hard time acquiring 30 humanity to give to my covenant (chaos) so I could get better pyromancies. Probably I should just grind some pvp or co op or is there respawning humanity dropping monsters somewhere? I seem to fail to get any more from rats...

Need humanity? Make your way all the way through the Tomb of Giants. There's a body of shallow water right before the boss that spawns infinite amounts of baby skeletons. They are easy to deal with and have a surprisingly high humanity drop rate. I farmed something like 50 humanity in well under an hour there. Getting there is the hard part, but you'll have to do it sooner or later anyway. This is all behind another yellow fog door by the way. (and yellow fog doors are indeed your next quest objective)

As for weapons: just forget about the huge strength based stuff and forge elemental weapons with fire or lightning instead (preferably both). Quicker, way more helpful (especially in PvP), just as strong in most cases and the requirements are relatively moderate too.

Supposedly the last patch made other weapons a bit more viable, but I still don't really see it. Putting 50 points into strength instead of a mere 20 or so (to wield a Katana type weapon) means you'll be short of 30 points in health and endurance by the time you can finally use that slow-ass weapon, and 30 points is a lot.

You might get more multiplayer activity on the ps3.

I seem to get plenty on the xbox version though. If I find myself unable to beat a boss, I find it easy to get a co op player or two to help within a minute or so near the closest bonfire or at the boss entrance.

From what I hear, the game "servers" are universal. So there should not be any shortage of co-op players and invaders.

On PS3, you get to meet Japanese Dark Souls players (Game is exclusive to PS3 in Japan) now that we are on the same version as them. During launch week, this game outsold Rage on PS3 but it's the reverse for 360.

Supposedly the last patch made other weapons a bit more viable, but I still don't really see it. Putting 50 points into strength instead of a mere 20 or so (to wield a Katana type weapon) means you'll be short of 30 points in health and endurance by the time you can finally use that slow-ass weapon, and 30 points is a lot.

Strength based builds are the most powerful builds for pvp post patch.

What's the best weapon for high strength build ? In my NG+, I'm upping my strength to carry bigger weapons. Will also need to increase END so that I can roll around with a heavy load.

:love: NG+. Rang both bells, and completed many side levels within 8 hours (Only 7 levels left). Now working on
Lordvessel and Lord Souls.

Didn't know you can talk to the Daughter of Chaos with the Old Witch Ring. I think the only rings I'm missing are the Fog Ring and the Backflip Ring.

Strength based builds are the most powerful builds for pvp post patch.

Really? All I've seen so far were people with Claymores (enchanted or otherwise), pyromancy, or very quick weapons like daggers, rapiers or Katanas. I mean, how the hell are you supposed to hit anyone with a Dragon Tooth or Demon Machete? You're basically begging for back stabs when you try to hit someone with a weapon like that.

What about giant axes and halbert ?
I agree heavy weapons in PvP should be rare, but here're some PvP videos for these choices:

Bow PvP

Demon Great Machete:

Finally got this game, and it's AMAZING!
I think it's a nice improvement from Demon's Souls.
I love the enemy designs and how menacing and intimidating they are.

Really? All I've seen so far were people with Claymores (enchanted or otherwise), pyromancy, or very quick weapons like daggers, rapiers or Katanas. I mean, how the hell are you supposed to hit anyone with a Dragon Tooth or Demon Machete? You're basically begging for back stabs when you try to hit someone with a weapon like that.

My walk-in-the-park NG+ came to a screeching halt last night. >8^/

&$(#^%&$
Ornstein and Smough
was quite a handful. I cheesed them with Iron Flesh in my first playthrough.

Had to summon co-op help. Wasted 10 humanities partly because I got invaded 4 times. Enemies were pretty interesting builds, and very quick. One of them threw some sort of freezing powder to slow me down. Another carried a dagger in his left hand to parry me, and then delivered a critical hit. I foolishly giggled when I saw his left hand go into a spasm (He was spamming the parry button since the dagger is very quick ?) XD

In the end, I had to pull the network cable, and co-op with an NPC to curb the onslaught of invaders. Battled the bosses for 4 hours before I figured out how to take both of them down. At this rate,
Four Kings
is going to be a nightmare. Switching to invest more VIT and END points again. ^_^

What's the best weapon for high strength build ? In my NG+, I'm upping my strength to carry bigger weapons. Will also need to increase END so that I can roll around with a heavy load.

It really depends on your preference but if you factor in speed, moveset and damage it would be Black Knight great axe. I like using BKGS, because its cool looking and its hard to get, but its really slow.

Strength builds are powerful because of 2 reasons: Stunlock and Poise.

An ultra class weapon has the ability to R1 stunlock you in one hit if you're not wearing heavy armor. Once you're stunlocked its game over against an opponent using those weapons.

Poise is what prevents you from getting stunlocked. Heavy armor = higher poise and need lots of strength to wear heavy armor. A strength build with ultra class weapon and high poise armor can tank through your attacks and stunlock you, game over. Wood Grain Ring and Havel's ring negate the speed penalty of using heavy armor.

Also pure strength based weapon only has to go through one set of defenses. Grant has more combined damage than BKGA, but since it has to go through physical and magic defense, the total actual damage usually is less than BKGA

Last edited by a moderator:
I took the plunge - not so sure about the game but a couple friends of mine who are hooked with it convinced me .. lets see how things turn out .

PC270003.jpg

Back