Wookies love cookies!
Veteran
IxFQT.jpg

Developer: Square enix
Publisher: Square enix
Platform: PS3,360
Release date: sometime in 2011
Director: Motomu Toriyama
Title announced today at Square enix presentation in Japan. More info when available.

--------------------------------------

@ Sigfried looks like Square loves us :p

Last edited by a moderator:
They sure do.
With every passing day, this year is turning more and more into absolute wallet-hell. Last year barely had anything I could really get excited about. This year on the other hand is just insane.

Dead Space 2 (+ a Move controller for Extraction)
Uncharted 2
Last Guardian (hopefully at least)
M vs C 3
The Witcher 2
Killzone 3
Mortal Kombat
Skyrim
Tomb Raider
Infamous 2
Portal 2
Yakuza 4
Silent Hill
Team Ico Collection

and now

FF XIII-2

I also most likely forgot about a bunch of (full price) games and will certainly shell out a considerable amount of cash for PSN/Steam/XBLA releases.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just think it like this you have a gigantic library if 2012 is empty if 2012 is so jam packed with games i think we have a problem.

I hoped they change the battle system to be more challenging and engaging. FF13 was way too easy. There is no sense of adventure, because it tries to introduce too many characters in the beginning and way too linear in that early part. How can Square made this game felt even more linear than FF10 is beyond me.

With every passing day, this year is turning more and more into absolute wallet-hell. Last year barely had anything I could really get excited about. This year on the other hand is just insane.

My list for this year isn't too bad,

Team ICO Collection
Last Guardian
Virtua Tennis 4
Sorcery (Is that the final title?)

But I am definitely more interested in Move exclusive games this year. As far as FF13-2, I need more detail, but I am not too interested in it. I really thought FF13 was terrible. The only thing that save it was that it looks pretty and I don't doubt this will too.

Well I loved FFXIII. It was my definitive goty last year, so I'm quite excited about FFXIII-2. I do share your scepticism regardless, because I also happen to own a copy of FFX-2, a game I thought was rather dreadful. The short development cycle on the other hand doesn't worry me too much. I'm not expecting a new game here, just more of what I loved about XIII. Besides, last year's Assassin's Creed Brotherhood was made in a single year as well, and it turned out phenomenal.

According to andriasang.com, Motomu Toriyama stated that this game was a response to some opinions players had of FFXIII. Let's hope they change the item levelling system so it's less of a black box. Any game system that pretty much requires you to go gamefaqs in order to use properly needs improvement. Also the mix of linear segments vs. open exploration should be reversed IMO. Most of the game should be open, with a handful of linear segments to advance plot.

My only real quibble with the game is you needed to use auto battle most of the time to get the max number of stars on all but the bosses simply because you didn't have time to hand select what you wanted to do. I hope they allow you to choose what you want more often without penalizing you for doing so.

My only real quibble with the game is you needed to use auto battle most of the time to get the max number of stars on all but the bosses simply because you didn't have time to hand select what you wanted to do. I hope they allow you to choose what you want more often without penalizing you for doing so.

Well I didn't have any problem with the speed , was able to manage. But if you felt that it was too fast then you could reduce the battle speed from the option menu, this way the ATB refill rate is reduced by 4-5 times.

I like the battle system. It's the writing that needs to change. I can't relate to the story at all.

The item system is fine for me too (but yes, more transparency would be better).

Never had that problem. Especially with tougher opponents, quick manual selection was the key to beating the time requirements (not to mention it also made your life that much easier) It took a bit of practice, but in the end it was worth it. My impression at least. The A.I. just wasn't that efficient with buffs and de-buffs. Better to do it yourself.
It also helped with farming the giant turtles for ingots and traps because you could literally cut the time it took laying waste to them in half.

For some of the smaller critters it wasn't worth the hassle obviously, but in the older FF games all you did was press x over and over again in those kind of situations. Not exactly a demanding task either.

What I really liked about the battle system was the complete absence of certain powers that rendered all other means of attack entirely useless. It was all very well balanced.

Indeed therefore it doesn't help and makes the manual choosing really only worth it on the bosses and the late game enemies that could take a pounding otherwise if you were after a 5 star it'd only slow you down.

@ Sigfried

Have you read the Epilogue ?
It pretty much confirms that Light and Snow might as well be the only returning (playable) character in this game, and the story will be about keeping their promise and saving those two whom they couldn't during the end of FFXIII.

@ Sigfried

Have you read the Epilogue ?

Is the epilogue in the actual game? I watched the ending obviously (at least twice). I don't remember a written epilogue though.
Anyway, as long as Lightning is still in it it's all good. I didn't really like Snow though. I'd rather have Sazh. Sadly Fang's out.

Back