S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2

Dead Island is interesting. I don't like a lot of the gameplay design though. Too much respawn and the weapons break far too easily (it's silly combined with respawn). This game has massive potential but I feel they made the wrong game in the end.

Ever play Precursors or White Gold? These are two other recent eastern europe-originating shooters with open world settings. Lots of potential but they are very rough overall.

I'm definitely looking forward to STALKER 2.

Am aware of Precursors and White Gold which is the sequel to Boiling Point right?

Were they ever released in english?

Sorry thread hijack, STALKER 2 is great.

Am aware of Precursors and White Gold which is the sequel to Boiling Point right?

Were they ever released in english?

Yeah you can get them in english at Gamersgate and Beamdog. Beamdog has a special Precursors fixes package too. I bought the Gamersgate version of Precursors but ended up pirating the Russian version because of the sound problems with the English version.

Beware, they are both buggy games. They use the same engine. It strongly prefers NVIDIA. Precursors in particular though is quite unique with space travel and combat, and wacky alien stuff.

Good info
http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?&f=42

http://www.beamdog.com/products/the-precursors-fan-improvement-pack

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 canceled
The reason we cannot continue with the development of Stalker 2 is we and our new investors we unable to come to an agreement with the IP rights onwer. The entire team that was working on Stalker is now working on a new project called Survarium. We are so grateful for the support over the years and despite our best efforts we have to move on from Stalker which is as hard for us as it is for you. However, we feel that our new studio and project will be something unique and fill the void left by Stalker as well as add a lot more! -Your Stalker Team-

*dies*

Current rumor is that its because Bethesda bought S2 rights?:oops:

Not sure if thats a good or bad thing.

How could Bethesda STALKER be a good thing? Don't get me wrong I love me some Skyrim but I also love me some STALKER. I really don't want to see the franchise become "Elder Scrolled".

I can't see Bethesda buying the IP, unless it was bought specifically to shelve it. STALKER is a little close to the Fallout IP isn't it?

Back