S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2

I actually think text hate is mostly imagined by reviewers and game developers. It's certainly not restricted to consoles and consoles have had tons of text laden games in their time.

I'd say the problem of capturing STALKER SoC again is that there have been 2 subsequent games now and how can you keep that fresh yet again. Prettier still-fakey graphics don't mean all that much to the equation. I'm pretty burned out on wandering The Zone over and over with a fresh new character. Console-only people are an untouched audience to impress.

To be fair the last time I owned a console of my own it was a SNES, though I've played on most of them since then but no RPGs or heavy text games. How do games with as much text as stalker cope with having to be rendered and readable on SD resolutions? I mean we're talking way more than subtitles here.

If they somehow add to the immersion, as BF3 managed to do vs an already impressive BF2, it will be a worthy sequel. Not sure if they have the deep pockets for that though.

Well consider that Xbox 1 had Morrowind. There's no reason a console can't have text dialogs. I am not keeping up on this generation of console games though so I'm not sure what's out there now.

Also, every STALKER game has been state of the art during its time. The original brought an advanced deferred renderer with superb dynamic lighting and shadowing. Clear Sky went to DX 10.1 with various new features, and Call of Pripyat is DX11. So these guys push the limits. Their art department needs more resources though.

Tech wise what would stop the current STALKER tech coming to consoles? The requirements are extremely low. It even supports DX8 and only needs 512mb ram, including whats needed for the os.

You can run the games in 3 different overall modes - static, partially dynamic and fully dynamic lighting. Shader Model 3 is required for full dynamic and all effects, and it is by far the most demanding mode. This mode really punishes 7900 and X1900, for example. 8800 and HD 2900 finally ran the game well. Static mode is the DX8 option and is quite basic.

STALKER had a long development time and was actually designed for NV35 early on. This was even hyped. Shader Model 2 cards like that and X800 can run a reduced form of dynamic lighting. I've tried it and there are effects missing.

:( Get out of here stalker :(

Most atmospheric games ever, diamonds in the rough.

Yup this is unfortunate and unexpected. I didn't know they were teetering on the edge.

Uh, is this confirmed? Double confirmed? I thought GSC was doing well with the STALKER series?

OH ! :( ! It can't be ! THey were so damn good ! Only games that I can I lived in :cry: ! I so wanted to see their next tech and game worlds . The atmosphere, feeling and the air in Stalker worlds is so different than anything else out there. I want them back !

Ouch, now this is some unfortunate news. I love this series, warts and all. There's something magic about the atmosphere which is hard to put a finger on.

There's a bit of it in this S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 concept art. Sad puppy :(

Hmm makes me dream about a Battlefield 3 mod with Duty and Freedom slugging it out around some of the memorable areas in the game.

EO, Sergei Grigorovich made the announcement at a staff meeting, saying that the company was closing because of unspecified 'personal reasons.' !!!

Well that sucks.

STALKER had such a unique world, theres nothing else like it.

Also I was looking forward to seeing what the team could have done after finally writing a brand new engine(i believe) and moving on from Xray version whatever.:cry:

Wow, that's terrible news. There's not many games out like STALKER. Even if the IP is picked up by someone, I doubt it would be the same type of game. Think Gothic.

0ae4ccc2-83e0-4b75-8552-6ab046343791.jpg

http://www.facebook.com/officialstalker/posts/354976321194956

Back